[DISCUSSION] Fix or remove CompDoc funtionality of the content manager

[DISCUSSION] Fix or remove CompDoc funtionality of the content manager

Michael Brohl-3
Hi all,

I'd like to drag your attention to the Jira issue Dennis created a few
months ago [1]. The CompDoc functionality of the content manager has
several bugs and does not seem to work properly. We should discuss if we
either

a. fix these bugs and make the funtionality work properly? or

b. remove the functionality?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks and regards,

Michael

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10476

Re: [DISCUSSION] Fix or remove CompDoc funtionality of the content manager

taher
My recommendation is to remove the functionality. It seems immature
and incomplete, and hence probably not used.
On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 2:45 PM Michael Brohl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to drag your attention to the Jira issue Dennis created a few
> months ago [1]. The CompDoc functionality of the content manager has
> several bugs and does not seem to work properly. We should discuss if we
> either
>
> a. fix these bugs and make the funtionality work properly? or
>
> b. remove the functionality?
>
> What are your thoughts?
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Michael
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10476

Re: [DISCUSSION] Fix or remove CompDoc funtionality of the content manager

Based on https://markmail.org/message/4e4baunevgksv3bo I'd say that if nobody wants to work on it it's better to get rid of it

BTW IIRW the purpose of *CompDoc* was to create specific composite documents based on "primitive" content types.

Jacques

Le 08/12/2018 à 20:09, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :

> My recommendation is to remove the functionality. It seems immature
> and incomplete, and hence probably not used.
> On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 2:45 PM Michael Brohl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to drag your attention to the Jira issue Dennis created a few
>> months ago [1]. The CompDoc functionality of the content manager has
>> several bugs and does not seem to work properly. We should discuss if we
>> either
>>
>> a. fix these bugs and make the funtionality work properly? or
>>
>> b. remove the functionality?
>>
>> What are your thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10476

Re: [DISCUSSION] Fix or remove CompDoc funtionality of the content manager

Deepak Dixit-4
+1  we can remove CompDoc functionality from the code base

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 10:55 PM Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Based on https://markmail.org/message/4e4baunevgksv3bo I'd say that if
> nobody wants to work on it it's better to get rid of it
>
> BTW IIRW the purpose of *CompDoc* was to create specific composite
> documents based on "primitive" content types.
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 08/12/2018 à 20:09, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
> > My recommendation is to remove the functionality. It seems immature
> > and incomplete, and hence probably not used.
> > On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 2:45 PM Michael Brohl <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'd like to drag your attention to the Jira issue Dennis created a few
> >> months ago [1]. The CompDoc functionality of the content manager has
> >> several bugs and does not seem to work properly. We should discuss if we
> >> either
> >>
> >> a. fix these bugs and make the funtionality work properly? or
> >>
> >> b. remove the functionality?
> >>
> >> What are your thoughts?
> >>
> >> Thanks and regards,
> >>
> >> Michael
> >>
> >> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10476

Re: [DISCUSSION] Fix or remove CompDoc funtionality of the content manager

Jacopo Cappellato-5
+1 to remove the functionality because it is a very old contribution that
has been left incomplete for several years without much interest from
community members.

Jacopo