Default theme (WAS: [proposal] actions to take with plugins)

Scott Gray-3
We seemingly couldn't agree on the best logo either, yet we have only one.
I think an instant run-off vote (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-runoff_voting) would probably be the
most appropriate way to come to a conclusion, given the large number of
themes and relatively small number of votes we'd receive.

Regards
Scott

On 12 March 2017 at 23:58, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> The question we need to answer here is "Can we consider themes as plugins"
> At the moment I don't think so, because at least one is necessary and we
> can't really agree on which one it should be (though Flat Grey seems the
> most complete)
> So I'd wait for Julien and Nicolas effort to create a basic theme on which
> all others would rely.
>
> Then indeed it would be a good idea IMO but would need more work than just
> putting them in plugins because themes don't use the same mechanism than
> plugins to be "plugged".
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 12/03/2017 à 10:22, Pierre Smits a écrit :
>
>> I suggest to move theme components from ofbiz-framework to ofbiz-plugins
>> (or another repo).
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Pierre Smits
>>
>> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
>> OFBiz based solutions & services
>>
>> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
>> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Taher Alkhateeb <
>> [hidden email]
>>
>>> wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Now that nearly all plugin-API is completed in [5] and [6] and after
>>> having
>>> various discussions about the plugins system in [1][2][3] and [4], I
>>> propose the following action points:
>>>
>>> - Remove the hot-deploy directory with all references to it.
>>> - Create two different buildbot scripts for OFBiz, one for standalone
>>> ofbiz-framework and the other for ofbiz-framework + ofbiz-plugins. The
>>> second buildbot script would use the pullAllPluginsSource instead of
>>> svn:external for combining the two repositories.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> [1] https://s.apache.org/5Dv8 - separate plugins in new repo
>>> [2] https://s.apache.org/7Y2w - hot-deploy removal
>>> [3] https://s.apache.org/CvW3 - svn:external vs gradle
>>> [4] https://s.apache.org/LF1o - plugin system design
>>> [5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9182 - new svn for
>>> plugins
>>> JIRA
>>> [6] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-7972 - original work on
>>> plugin system
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Taher Alkhateeb

Re: Default theme (WAS: [proposal] actions to take with plugins)

james yong
Hi all,

It would be nice to have the themes in the plugins folder. Can add prefix to the themes for easier identification.

As themes work a little different from the components, we need to discuss in details how plugins folder can support the themes and also the basic theme concept.

Regards,
James Yong

Scott Gray-3 wrote

wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> The question we need to answer here is "Can we consider themes as plugins"
> At the moment I don't think so, because at least one is necessary and we
> can't really agree on which one it should be (though Flat Grey seems the
> most complete)
> So I'd wait for Julien and Nicolas effort to create a basic theme on which
> all others would rely.
>
> Then indeed it would be a good idea IMO but would need more work than just
> putting them in plugins because themes don't use the same mechanism than
> plugins to be "plugged".
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 12/03/2017 à 10:22, Pierre Smits a écrit :
>
>> I suggest to move theme components from ofbiz-framework to ofbiz-plugins
>> (or another repo).
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Pierre Smits
>>
>> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
>> OFBiz based solutions & services
>>
>> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
>> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Taher Alkhateeb <
>> [hidden email]
>>
>>> wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Now that nearly all plugin-API is completed in [5] and [6] and after
>>> having
>>> various discussions about the plugins system in [1][2][3] and [4], I
>>> propose the following action points:
>>>
>>> - Remove the hot-deploy directory with all references to it.
>>> - Create two different buildbot scripts for OFBiz, one for standalone
>>> ofbiz-framework and the other for ofbiz-framework + ofbiz-plugins. The
>>> second buildbot script would use the pullAllPluginsSource instead of
>>> svn:external for combining the two repositories.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> [1] https://s.apache.org/5Dv8 - separate plugins in new repo
>>> [2] https://s.apache.org/7Y2w - hot-deploy removal
>>> [3] https://s.apache.org/CvW3 - svn:external vs gradle
>>> [4] https://s.apache.org/LF1o - plugin system design
>>> [5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9182 - new svn for
>>> plugins
>>> JIRA
>>> [6] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-7972 - original work on
>>> plugin system
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Taher Alkhateeb

Re: Default theme (WAS: [proposal] actions to take with plugins)

I agree, this is really a smart way to vote on this subject and still not too complicated like other (sometimes necessarily combined) methods which
follow the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condorcet_method

Jacques

Le 12/03/2017 à 23:17, Scott Gray a écrit :

> We seemingly couldn't agree on the best logo either, yet we have only one.
> I think an instant run-off vote (
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-runoff_voting) would probably be the
> most appropriate way to come to a conclusion, given the large number of
> themes and relatively small number of votes we'd receive.
>
> Regards
> Scott
>
> On 12 March 2017 at 23:58, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pierre,
>>
>> The question we need to answer here is "Can we consider themes as plugins"
>> At the moment I don't think so, because at least one is necessary and we
>> can't really agree on which one it should be (though Flat Grey seems the
>> most complete)
>> So I'd wait for Julien and Nicolas effort to create a basic theme on which
>> all others would rely.
>>
>> Then indeed it would be a good idea IMO but would need more work than just
>> putting them in plugins because themes don't use the same mechanism than
>> plugins to be "plugged".
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 12/03/2017 à 10:22, Pierre Smits a écrit :
>>
>>> I suggest to move theme components from ofbiz-framework to ofbiz-plugins
>>> (or another repo).
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Pierre Smits
>>>
>>> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
>>> OFBiz based solutions & services
>>>
>>> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
>>> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>>>
>>> On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Taher Alkhateeb <
>>> [hidden email]

Re: Default theme (WAS: [proposal] actions to take with plugins)

Yes, thanks James

Jacques