Defining a required parameter

ian tabangay
Hi.
I would like to ask where a parameter whose mode value is OUT and optional
value is false for the attribute element in the service xml definition
whould be defined.

like:
*<attribute name="partyList" mode="OUT" type="List"/>*

Thank you for community's assistance to a noob like me.

~ ian

Re: Defining a required parameter

Valentina Sirkova
On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 18:54 +0800, ian tabangay wrote:

> Hi.
> I would like to ask where a parameter whose mode value is OUT and optional
> value is false for the attribute element in the service xml definition
> whould be defined.
>
> like:
> *<attribute name="partyList" mode="OUT" type="List"/>*
>

> Thank you for community's assistance to a noob like me.
>
> ~ ian
Hi,

Yes this is correct as by default parameters are required. If you want
to make it optional then you would have to set optional to true.

<attribute name="partyList" mode="OUT" type="List" optional="true"/>

There are plenty of examples on that in the framework, just browse thru
the services.xml definitions, and also have a look here - very good
examples http://ofbiz.apache.org/docs/services.html

Valentina