Detangling the virtual/variant javascript

Detangling the virtual/variant javascript

Tim Ruppert
I have a client who instead of using the stock javascript for managing
the variant products, under a virtual product - he wants to just
generate radio buttons.  I have no idea why this is better for him, but
if anyone has the exact attributes broken out in this way - I would
greatly appreciate the pointer.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Re: Detangling the virtual/variant javascript

David E Jones-2

Do you mean radio buttons instead of a drop-down?

It shouldn't be too hard to change the HTML generated to do that from
the template side, but there would be a trick because in JavaScript
and with DHTML it is a bit trickier to dynamically add or remove
radio buttons than it is to change options in a drop-down.

-David

On Aug 17, 2006, at 9:47 PM, Tim Ruppert wrote:

> I have a client who instead of using the stock javascript for
> managing the variant products, under a virtual product - he wants
> to just generate radio buttons.  I have no idea why this is better
> for him, but if anyone has the exact attributes broken out in this
> way - I would greatly appreciate the pointer.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim Ruppert
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> o:801.649.6594
> f:801.649.6595

Re: Detangling the virtual/variant javascript

Tim Ruppert
Yes, this assumes that you'd only really have one type of variant -
which does not really make a system does it?

I'll think about this - but is there a complete list of fields that are
being set by the javascript - that need to be send along to additem in
this case?

Cheers,
Tim

--