showing subcategories in category detail listing as well as category member products

showing subcategories in category detail listing as well as category member products

Jason Ling
Anybody have any ideas?

Was looking for an answer and came across this old post:

http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/users/2002-September/000189.html

Re: showing subcategories in category detail listing as well as category member products

Tim Ruppert
I would totally be interested in seeing what can be done here as well.
I have an app where I modified the sidedeepcategory.ftl to show a
preview of the other categories exploded to accomplish this - but it
only works proper in my case because everything is not nested too deeply.

There are definitely categories without products - where should some
other type of summary would be most useful.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Jason Ling wrote:

> Anybody have any ideas?
>
> Was looking for an answer and came across this old post:
>
> http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/users/2002-September/000189.html

cjhowe
We have this in our custom app...we've customized
categorydetail.ftl around line 57 to include the
following bit of code - this simply adds the
subcategories:

<#-- Place Subcategories above any products in Current
Cateogory -->
<#assign parentProductCategoryRollups =
productCategory.getRelated("ParentProductCategoryRollup")>
<#if parentProductCategoryRollups.size() != 0>

<#list parentProductCategoryRollups?sort as
productCategoryRollup>
<#assign curCategory =
productCategoryRollup.getRelatedOne("CurrentProductCategory")>
      <a
href="<@ofbizUrl>/category/~category_id=${curCategory.productCategoryId}/~pcategory=${productCategory.productCategoryId?if_exists}</@ofbizUrl>"

class="buttontext">${curCategory.description?if_exists}</a>

</#list>
<#-- Custom end -->