Dev - Any interest in End-User and other documentation?

Re: Dev - libraries and supporting code

David E. Jones

Just do a mailing list search for "OPTIONAL_LIBRARIES". You'll find a wealth of discussion and information.

-David

BJ Freeman wrote:

> I believe this has been eluded to but not directly addressed.
>
> in regards to the coding that supported by libraries that can not be
> included in ofbiz, will the code stay in ofbiz with a note about getting
> the libraries from their source?
> Is there another solution that lets ofbiz have features supported by
> libraries that can not be included, because of licensing.

Re: Dev - Any interest in End-User and other documentation?

Ruth,

It would be great to have your help. Could you create an account on docs.ofbiz.org? Then I can give you permissions to edit in the end-user space. If you also need permissions on the Undersun doc site, let me know.

-David

Ruth Hoffman wrote:
> Hi David,
> If you would set me up with an account, I'd be happy to help.
> TIA
> Ruth

Re: Dev - Any interest in End-User and other documentation?

Ruth Hoffman
Hi David:
Ok, created an account on docs.ofbiz.org. I also need an Undersun account.
Thanks

David E. Jones wrote:

>Ruth,
>
>It would be great to have your help. Could you create an account on docs.ofbiz.org? Then I can give you permissions to edit in the end-user space. If you also need permissions on the Undersun doc site, let me know.
>
>-David
>

>Ruth Hoffman wrote:
>

>>Hi David,
>>If you would set me up with an account, I'd be happy to help.
>>TIA
>>Ruth

Re: Dev - Any interest in End-User and other documentation?

David E. Jones

Ruth,

You should now be able to edit and such on the Confluence site.

It looks like you have an open ended account on the Undersun doc site. It's been a while since it was setup (Jan 2005), so if your usual passwords don't work or whatever, you can use the feature that will email you a new password, and then in the ecommerce profile area you can change it to whatever. Your username is "rhoffman".

Thanks for your help!

BTW, if you get a hankering to work on the basic production setup guide let me know and I'll make an area for that (probably separate from the end-user space) where you can import your latest work and then it can be maintained through the Confluence server.

-David

Ruth Hoffman wrote:

> Hi David:
> Ok, created an account on docs.ofbiz.org. I also need an Undersun account.
> Thanks
>

> David E. Jones wrote:
>
>> Ruth,
>>
>> It would be great to have your help. Could you create an account on docs.ofbiz.org? Then I can give you permissions to edit in the end-user space. If you also need permissions on the Undersun doc site, let me know.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> Ruth Hoffman wrote:
>>

>>> Hi David,
>>> If you would set me up with an account, I'd be happy to help.
>>> TIA
>>> Ruth

Re: Dev - Any interest in End-User and other documentation?

Ruth Hoffman
Thanks David.
When you get a chance, put the Production Setup Guide out there. Some
time ago I did a lot of work on my version. Not sure how valid those are
anymore, but I can go back and look again.

Ruth

David E. Jones wrote:

>Ruth,
>
>You should now be able to edit and such on the Confluence site.
>
>It looks like you have an open ended account on the Undersun doc site. It's been a while since it was setup (Jan 2005), so if your usual passwords don't work or whatever, you can use the feature that will email you a new password, and then in the ecommerce profile area you can change it to whatever. Your username is "rhoffman".
>
>Thanks for your help!
>
>BTW, if you get a hankering to work on the basic production setup guide let me know and I'll make an area for that (probably separate from the end-user space) where you can import your latest work and then it can be maintained through the Confluence server.
>
>-David
>

>Ruth Hoffman wrote:
>

>>Hi David:
>>Ok, created an account on docs.ofbiz.org. I also need an Undersun account.
>>Thanks
>>

>>David E. Jones wrote:
>>

>>>Ruth,
>>>
>>>It would be great to have your help. Could you create an account on docs.ofbiz.org? Then I can give you permissions to edit in the end-user space. If you also need permissions on the Undersun doc site, let me know.
>>>
>>>-David

Re: Dev - libraries and supporting code

Thanks David.

David E. Jones sent the following on 6/6/06 10:52 AM:

> Just do a mailing list search for "OPTIONAL_LIBRARIES". You'll find a wealth of discussion and information.
>
> -David
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>>I believe this has been eluded to but not directly addressed.
>>
>>in regards to the coding that supported by libraries that can not be
>>included in ofbiz, will the code stay in ofbiz with a note about getting
>>the libraries from their source?
>>Is there another solution that lets ofbiz have features supported by
>>libraries that can not be included, because of licensing.

Re: Dev - Any interest in End-User and other documentation?

Ian Gilbert-2
Hi David,

Things are very hectic at work at the moment but they will calm down and I'd like to be involved
with this effort when that occurs.  I have some colleagues who may also be interested in this and
I'm forwarding this to them as it's a good intro to the docs I think.  In any event I'd like to
keep up to date with the documentation effort as I also believe this will be critical to further
takeup.

Very best wishes

Ian

On Tue, June 6, 2006 02:38, David E. Jones wrote:

> Ray Barlow wrote:
>
>> I did originally visit and register on the new Confluence site and I am
>> happy to help.
>>
>> Are you thinking of creating a page somewhere that lists what
>> documentation pages need transferring and where they will end up? Then people can dip in pick a
>> page, put there name against it and start work, basically a poor man's version control so we can
>> keep from treading on each others toes.
>
> Thanks for your interest in this Ray. I see that you have an account on the Confluence site
> (docs.ofbiz.org).
>

> I think the only way we'll make any good progress with this is for a fairly small group of people
> to work on it who can spend a few hours each week until it's done. It doesn't take too long to
> figure things out in Confluence, but for consistency and to avoid to much "administrative"
> overhead I'd prefer to not have too many people involved.
>
> I plan to have the organization on the Confluence site be the same as on the Undersun docs site
> with the content split into pages for the major sections (typically 2nd-3rd level or so in the
> hierarchy for the various doc trees there). For the "Manager Reference" documents it would be
> nice to have one Confluence page for each web page described for easy linking and such.
>
> It would be great to get your help, especially since you've been involved with OFBiz for so long
> and contributed so much to the project. I just gave you create/edit permissions for the end-user
> documentation space. Do you have an account for the Undersun doc site? If not let me know and
> just send me your username on the site and I'll setup access for you.
>
> Is there anyone else that is available to help with this? If you are and have been involved with
> OFBiz for a while let me know (on the list or in private is fine) and I'll set you up an account
> like this. If I don't know you, we'd still appreciate your help and you can add pages to the open
> wiki area on docs.ofbiz.org and someone will review them and move them over to the protected
> section.
>
> To coordinate this work I've added a page under the Home of the OFBiz End-User Documentation
> space, here:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/Y
>

> Thanks again for Ray's and everyone's help with this!

Ian Gilbert
www.ethicalshopper.net
Fair trade: the alternative choice for your everyday shopping
0845 456 2429

WHAT DO YOU DRINK AT WORK?
We can supply your organisation with high quality fair trade tea and
coffee.  Discounts are available for regular orders.  Contact us for more
details.