Dev - Entity Labels Extractor for i18n

Guido Amarilla
This is a simple script that I made to extract Entity Descriptions
from XML files and build a CommonEntityLabels.properties file.
After that you can translate this file, and following the recommended
practices, view all Entity Labels in your language.
See http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl

It is written in javascript, but will only work in windows.
* I´d like you to try it and test it. *
Usage (from windows command line):

cscript i18nExtract.js <entityDefinitionFile.xml>

If it works OK, we could host it somewhere (I think that using the
wiki for this could be dangerous, because someone could write malware
with it)

--
Guido

i18nExtract.js (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Dev - Entity Labels Extractor for i18n

This is a simple script that I made to extract Entity Descriptions
from XML files and build a CommonEntityLabels.properties file.
After that you can translate this file, and following the recommended
practices, view all Entity Labels in your language.
See http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl

It is written in javascript, but will only work in windows.
* I´d like you to try it and test it. *
Usage (from windows command line):

cscript i18nExtract.js <entityDefinitionFile.xml>

If it works OK, we could host it somewhere (I think that using the
wiki for this could be dangerous, because someone could write malware
with it)

--
Guido

Guido,
If I'm not wrong this is no more needed. See
http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-823 and
http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-837. As I'm not sure this is
also a way to well understand this point (Is it only for certain kind of Entity
Labels (dates) or all Labels ? Thanks by advance for who know that point for
sure...)

Another point : when modifing existing files it's better not to check the RBE
option that generate
#Generated by ResourceBundle Editor (http://eclipse-rbe.sourceforge.net)
In your case, as it's creation of files, this is not a problem I guess.

Re: Dev - Entity Labels Extractor for i18n

Manuel Desdin
i suppose the issue
http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-823
got already too big for handling, is it possible to split it for the
core developers to have it easier?
anyways i voted for it, it is a fix i am crying for!
anyone else missing full i18n in ofbiz? please have a look at it...
manuel.

On May 28, 2006, at 3:25 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> This is a simple script that I made to extract Entity Descriptions
> from XML files and build a CommonEntityLabels.properties file.
> After that you can translate this file, and following the recommended
> practices, view all Entity Labels in your language.
> See http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?
> page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl
>
> It is written in javascript, but will only work in windows.
> * I´d like you to try it and test it. *
> Usage (from windows command line):
>
> cscript i18nExtract.js <entityDefinitionFile.xml>
>
> If it works OK, we could host it somewhere (I think that using the
> wiki for this could be dangerous, because someone could write malware
> with it)
>
> --
> Guido
>

> Guido,
> If I'm not wrong this is no more needed. See
> http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-823 and
> http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-837. As I'm not
> sure this is
> also a way to well understand this point (Is it only for certain
> kind of Entity
> Labels (dates) or all Labels ? Thanks by advance for who know that
> point for
> sure...)
>
> Another point : when modifing existing files it's better not to
> check the RBE
> option that generate
> #Generated by ResourceBundle Editor (http://eclipse-
> rbe.sourceforge.net)
> In your case, as it's creation of files, this is not a problem I
> guess.

Re: Dev - Entity Labels Extractor for i18n

Please, anybody able to respond for sure to this questions, Jacopo, David ?

1. Is http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl
totally deprecated ?

2. And is  http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-823 and
http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-837 the replacement ?

If the answer to 1. is yes, I propose to at least mark this page as deprecated
or perhaps better remove the deprecated parts of it.

> i suppose the issue
> http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-823
> got already too big for handling, is it possible to split it for the
> core developers to have it easier?
> anyways i voted for it, it is a fix i am crying for!
> anyone else missing full i18n in ofbiz? please have a look at it...
> manuel.
>
> On May 28, 2006, at 3:25 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> > This is a simple script that I made to extract Entity Descriptions
> > from XML files and build a CommonEntityLabels.properties file.
> > After that you can translate this file, and following the recommended
> > practices, view all Entity Labels in your language.
> > See http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?
> > page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl
> >
> > It is written in javascript, but will only work in windows.
> > * I´d like you to try it and test it. *
> > Usage (from windows command line):
> >
> > cscript i18nExtract.js <entityDefinitionFile.xml>
> >
> > If it works OK, we could host it somewhere (I think that using the
> > wiki for this could be dangerous, because someone could write malware
> > with it)
> >
> > --
> > Guido
> >

> > Guido,
> > If I'm not wrong this is no more needed. See
> > http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-823 and
> > http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-837. As I'm not
> > sure this is
> > also a way to well understand this point (Is it only for certain
> > kind of Entity
> > Labels (dates) or all Labels ? Thanks by advance for who know that
> > point for
> > sure...)
> >
> > Another point : when modifing existing files it's better not to
> > check the RBE
> > option that generate
> > #Generated by ResourceBundle Editor (http://eclipse-
> > rbe.sourceforge.net)
> > In your case, as it's creation of files, this is not a problem I
> > guess.
> >
> > Jacques

Re: Dev - Entity Labels Extractor for i18n

David E. Jones

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> Please, anybody able to respond for sure to this questions, Jacopo, David ?
>
> 1. Is http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl
> totally deprecated ?

I don't see anything on that page that is deprecated. Was there something that looked fishy, or what brought this up?

Re: Dev - Entity Labels Extractor for i18n

Jacques,

I've reviewed and updated the Wiki page:

http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl

Jacopo

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Please, anybody able to respond for sure to this questions, Jacopo, David ?
>
> 1. Is http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl
> totally deprecated ?
>
> 2. And is  http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-823 and
> http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-837 the replacement ?
>
> If the answer to 1. is yes, I propose to at least mark this page as deprecated
> or perhaps better remove the deprecated parts of it.

>> i suppose the issue
>> http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-823
>> got already too big for handling, is it possible to split it for the
>> core developers to have it easier?
>> anyways i voted for it, it is a fix i am crying for!
>> anyone else missing full i18n in ofbiz? please have a look at it...
>> manuel.
>>
>> On May 28, 2006, at 3:25 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>
>>> This is a simple script that I made to extract Entity Descriptions
>>> from XML files and build a CommonEntityLabels.properties file.
>>> After that you can translate this file, and following the recommended
>>> practices, view all Entity Labels in your language.
>>> See http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?
>>> page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl
>>>
>>> It is written in javascript, but will only work in windows.
>>> * I´d like you to try it and test it. *
>>> Usage (from windows command line):
>>>
>>> cscript i18nExtract.js <entityDefinitionFile.xml>
>>>
>>> If it works OK, we could host it somewhere (I think that using the
>>> wiki for this could be dangerous, because someone could write malware
>>> with it)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Guido
>>>

>>> Guido,
>>> If I'm not wrong this is no more needed. See
>>> http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-823 and
>>> http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-837. As I'm not
>>> sure this is
>>> also a way to well understand this point (Is it only for certain
>>> kind of Entity
>>> Labels (dates) or all Labels ? Thanks by advance for who know that
>>> point for
>>> sure...)
>>>
>>> Another point : when modifing existing files it's better not to
>>> check the RBE
>>> option that generate
>>> #Generated by ResourceBundle Editor (http://eclipse-
>>> rbe.sourceforge.net)
>>> In your case, as it's creation of files, this is not a problem I
>>> guess.
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: Dev - Entity Labels Extractor for i18n

Guido Amarilla
OK. The script I uploaded here is for generating entity Engine Values
from the Entity XML definition, according to the Wiki page, this:

<ENTITYNAME>.<NAMEOFTHELOCALIZEDFIELD>.<VALUEOFTHEPRIMARYKEY>=<VALUE>

try it, example:

cscript  i18nExtract.js CommonTypeData.xml

will generate something like:

DataSourceType.description.PURCHASED_DATA=Purchased Data
DataSourceType.description.WEBSITE_ENTRY=Website Data Entry
DataSourceType.description.MAILING_LIST_SIGNUP=Mailing List Signup
DataSourceType.description.CONTEST_SIGNUP=Contest Signup
DataSourceType.description.ADMIN_ENTRY=Administrative Data Entry
DataSource.description.ECOMMERCE_SITE=eCommerce Site Profile Maintenance
DataSource.description.GENERAL_MAILING=General Interest Mailing List Signup
DataSource.description.CSR_ENTRY=Customer Service Rep Data Entry

It can be customized if something was missing.

Guido Amarilla

2006/5/30, Jacopo Cappellato <[hidden email]>:

> Jacques,
>
> I've reviewed and updated the Wiki page:
>
> http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl
>
> Jacopo
>
> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> > Please, anybody able to respond for sure to this questions, Jacopo, David ?
> >
> > 1. Is http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl
> > totally deprecated ?
> >
> > 2. And is  http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-823 and
> > http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-837 the replacement ?
> >
> > If the answer to 1. is yes, I propose to at least mark this page as deprecated
> > or perhaps better remove the deprecated parts of it.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jacques
> >

> >> i suppose the issue
> >> http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-823
> >> got already too big for handling, is it possible to split it for the
> >> core developers to have it easier?
> >> anyways i voted for it, it is a fix i am crying for!
> >> anyone else missing full i18n in ofbiz? please have a look at it...
> >> manuel.

Re: Dev - Entity Labels Extractor for i18n

OK, thanks Guido,

It's clear now

Jacques

> OK. The script I uploaded here is for generating entity Engine Values
> from the Entity XML definition, according to the Wiki page, this:
>
> <ENTITYNAME>.<NAMEOFTHELOCALIZEDFIELD>.<VALUEOFTHEPRIMARYKEY>=<VALUE>
>
> try it, example:
>
> cscript  i18nExtract.js CommonTypeData.xml
>
> will generate something like:
>
> DataSourceType.description.PURCHASED_DATA=Purchased Data
> DataSourceType.description.WEBSITE_ENTRY=Website Data Entry
> DataSourceType.description.MAILING_LIST_SIGNUP=Mailing List Signup
> DataSourceType.description.CONTEST_SIGNUP=Contest Signup
> DataSourceType.description.ADMIN_ENTRY=Administrative Data Entry
> DataSource.description.ECOMMERCE_SITE=eCommerce Site Profile Maintenance
> DataSource.description.GENERAL_MAILING=General Interest Mailing List Signup
> DataSource.description.CSR_ENTRY=Customer Service Rep Data Entry
>
> It can be customized if something was missing.
>
> Guido Amarilla
>
> 2006/5/30, Jacopo Cappellato <[hidden email]>:
> > Jacques,
> >
> > I've reviewed and updated the Wiki page:
> >
> > http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl
> >
> > Jacopo
> >
> > Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> > > Please, anybody able to respond for sure to this questions, Jacopo, David
?

> > > 1. Is
http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl
> > > totally deprecated ?
> > >
> > > 2. And is  http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-823 and
> > > http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-837 the replacement ?
> > >
> > > If the answer to 1. is yes, I propose to at least mark this page as
deprecated

> > > or perhaps better remove the deprecated parts of it.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Jacques

Re: Dev - Entity Labels Extractor for i18n

Just look at page history David, Jacopo has changed it  (specially
http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Diff.jsp?page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl&r1=15&r2=14);o)

Thanks Jacopo, now all is clear for me.

Jacques