Dev - Geronimo plans

Si Chen-2
David,

Is your plan still to deploy OFBiz inside of Geronimo or to use the new
Jencks to replace JOTM/Carol and basically have OFBiz run as before?

Si

Re: Dev - Geronimo plans

Jacopo Cappellato
Si,

I'll obviously let David respond on this to you, but I'd like to summarize

In the last few days, an effort has been made to replace JOTM/Carol with
the transaction manager from Geronimo/Jencks; David succesfully
implemented this and now you can run (it's a beta version) OFBiz with
the new tm in place of JOTM.
Then Andy has proposed an alternative approach: instead of replacing
JOTM/Carol, we can just replace Carol (LGPL) and leave JOTM (BSD).
Both the two solutions will make OFBiz basically run as before.

About deploying OFBiz inside of Geronimo, I'd like to express my point
of view: I don't think this should be the default way of running OFBiz
(it has been probably considered when we had problems replacing the
JOTM/Carol, but now these problems seem mostly resolved); however I
think that it would be really nice (for political, marketing and
technical reasons) to also provide some scripts to easily deploy OFBiz
inside of Geronimo as an *optional* easy way of running OFBIz; we could
also consider the possibility to prepare a big ofbiz.war file (if ever
possible) that can be easily deployed inside of Geronimo that can be
downloaded from the OFBiz site besides the weekly builds, svn code etc...

Jacopo