Dev - Glossary for consistent translation

Re: Dev - Glossary for consistent translation

Manuel Desdin

On May 29, 2006, at 9:50 PM, Guido Amarilla wrote:

> I think that OFBiz should have a place to start its
> internationalization in each language and its localization to each
> country practices (like taxes, chart of accounts, etc) that is more
> than just a translation.
sure, it is not only about doing translations, but for example the
translations teams have to define how should ofbiz ui properties be
relabeled for it to fit in other languages. and many other things
that are language specific like you wrote.

> Have a look at pages 140 & 141 (Translation Manager)
> Producing Open Source Software (How to Run a Successful Free Software)
>  http://producingoss.com/producingoss.pdf
good read for everyone of us!

> It says that is a good practice to have a ML in the translation's
> team language.
>
> It is very good to have a web site with a home page in the potential
> user/developer language, where he can see the features, screenshots,
> etc and catch his attention. It is good to have support in your
> language. That is the way we are going with Manuel´s brand new
> ofbiz.es I hope.
exactly! and hopefully it also becomes a very active site.

manuel.