Dev - InventoryItem's ownerPartyId

Lei Gao-2
Hi,

I feel this field is very confusing. So, what is an InventoryItem's owner and how should I set it? Is there a GUI allow user set the Owner of an IventoryItem?

Thanks
Lei

Re: Dev - InventoryItem's ownerPartyId

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Lei,

ownerPartyId is intended to be used for inventory valuation; it
represents the party that actually owns the inventory items.
Since revision 6981, when an inventory item is created (by calling the
"createInventoryItem" service), the ownerPartyId is automatically filled
(if not explicitly passed to the service) with the one set in the facility.
So the only think you have to do is to go to the Edit Facility screen
and set the party (representing your company) there.

Jacopo

Lei Gao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I feel this field is very confusing. So, what is an InventoryItem's
> owner and how should I set it? Is there a GUI allow user set the Owner
> of an IventoryItem?
>

> Thanks
> Lei

Re: Dev - InventoryItem's ownerPartyId

Lei Gao-2
Okay. I assume that this Company is the party with the ID, Company, Then next my question is going to be how I should set the Accounting Preference for the Company?

Thanks a lot.
Lei

Lei Gao wrote:
> Okay. I assume that this Company is the party with the ID, Company,

Exactly.

> Then
> next my question is going to be how I should set the Accounting
> Preference for the Company?

This is a good question: I did it using the Webtools' data maintenance
tools (but maybe there is also a screen to do it that I'm missing): you
simply have to add a record in the PartyAcctgPreference entity for the
"Company" party. Then you will see the information in
Accounting-->Companies-->Preferences

Jacopo

> Thanks a lot.
> Lei
>

> On 3/11/06, *Jacopo Cappellato* <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi Lei,
>
>     ownerPartyId is intended to be used for inventory valuation; it
>     represents the party that actually owns the inventory items.
>     Since revision 6981, when an inventory item is created (by calling the
>     "createInventoryItem" service), the ownerPartyId is automatically
>     filled
>     (if not explicitly passed to the service) with the one set in the
>     facility.
>     So the only think you have to do is to go to the Edit Facility screen
>     and set the party (representing your company) there.
>
>     Jacopo
>
>     Lei Gao wrote:
>      > Hi,
>      >
>      > I feel this field is very confusing. So, what is an InventoryItem's
>      > owner and how should I set it? Is there a GUI allow user set the
>     Owner
>      > of an IventoryItem?
>      >
>      >
>      > Thanks
>      > Lei
>      >
>      >
>      >

Re: Dev - InventoryItem's ownerPartyId

Lei Gao-2
Thanks very much, let me try that way too.