Dev - OFBiz & Eclipse

Вадим K.
Hello all,

    I tried to load OFBiz project into Eclipse and has only 10 errors of this kind:

Severity Description Resource In Folder Location Creation Time
2 The project was not built since the source file /OFBiz/applications/order/src/org/ofbiz/order/OrderManagerEvents.java could not be read OFBiz   23 Январь 2006 г. 13:23:34
2 Error - Element type "subant" must be declared. build.xml OFBiz line 115 23 Январь 2006 г. 10:54:23
2 Error - The content of element type "target" must match "(propertyfile|vsscheckin|sql|cvspass|p4reopen|csc|dirname|wlrun|p4label|p4revert|replaceregexp|get|jjtree|sleep|jarlib-display|dependset|zip|patch|jspc|style|test|tstamp|unwar|vsshistory|icontract|cvschangelog|p4submit|ccmcheckin|p4change|bzip2|p4delete|vssadd|javadoc|translate|signjar|vajload|jarlib-available|WsdlToDotnet|buildnumber|jpcovmerge|ejbjar|war|rename|sequential|serverdeploy|property|move|copydir|cccheckin|wljspc|fixcrlf|sosget|pathconvert|record|p4sync|exec|p4edit|manifest|maudit|antlr|netrexxc|jpcovreport|execon|ccmcheckout|ant|xmlvalidate|xslt|iplanet

  I have included all possible paths and libraries, but something seems to be missing. Any ideas of what it can be?

Thank you

--
/ ** Vadim K. **/

Re: Dev - OFBiz & Eclipse

Vinay Agarwal

Have you looked at Si Chen’s wonderful Eclipse setup guide (http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/ofbiz_eclipse.php)?

Vinay Agarwal

Re: Dev - OFBiz & Eclipse

Вадим K.
Yes,

    I follwed his isntructions.

// Vadim

2006/1/23, Vinay Agarwal <[hidden email]>:

Have you looked at Si Chen's wonderful Eclipse setup guide (<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/ofbiz_eclipse.php" target="_blank"> http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/ofbiz_eclipse.php)?

Vinay Agarwal

Dev - Eclipse setup--How to exclude .svn folders from project

Vinay Agarwal

 Hello,

Is there a way to exclude .svn folders from eclipse project? They slow down search and clog up search results. I tried to use instructions that I found googling for this, but none of them worked for me. Has anyone done it?

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

Re: Dev - Eclipse setup--How to exclude .svn folders from project

Vinay Agarwal

I just found Subclipse, a subversion eclipse plugin (http://subclipse.tigris.org/). It takes care of .svn directories and more! J

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

Is there a way to exclude .svn folders from eclipse project? They slow down search and clog up search results. I tried to use instructions that I found googling for this, but none of them worked for me. Has anyone done it?

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

Re: Dev - OFBiz & Eclipse

Ray Barlow
As a suggestion I would check which version of ant you are using or
indeed which version eclipse is trying to use. The message about
"subant" implies that it's slightly to old to support the build script.

Ray

Вадим K. wrote:

> Hello all,
> I tried to load OFBiz project into Eclipse and has only 10 errors of
> this kind:
> Severity Description Resource In Folder Location Creation Time
> 2 The project was not built since the source file
> /OFBiz/applications/order/src/org/ofbiz/order/OrderManagerEvents.java
> could not be read OFBiz 23 Январь 2006 г. 13:23:34
> 2 Error - Element type "subant" must be declared. build.xml OFBiz line
> 115 23 Январь 2006 г. 10:54:23
> 2 Error - The content of element type "target" must match
> "(propertyfile|vsscheckin|sql|cvspass|p4reopen|csc|dirname|wlrun|p4label|p4revert|replaceregexp|get|jjtree|sleep|jarlib-display|dependset|zip|patch|jspc|style|test|tstamp|unwar|vsshistory|icontract|cvschangelog|p4submit|ccmcheckin|p4change|bzip2|p4delete|vssadd|javadoc|translate|signjar|vajload|jarlib-available|WsdlToDotnet|buildnumber|jpcovmerge|ejbjar|war|rename|sequential|serverdeploy|property|move|copydir|cccheckin|wljspc|fixcrlf|sosget|pathconvert|record|p4sync|exec|p4edit|manifest|maudit|antlr|netrexxc|jpcovreport|execon|ccmcheckout|ant|xmlvalidate|xslt|iplanet
>

> I have included all possible paths and libraries, but something seems
> to be missing. Any ideas of what it can be?
> Thank you
> --
> / ** Vadim K. **/

Re: Dev - OFBiz & Eclipse

Вадим K.
I am using Eclipse 3.1.0 and Ant comming with it. So I have:

Ant build tool core - 3.1.0
Ant UI - 3.1.0
Apache Ant - 1.6.5

Are they too old? Or something is missing?

** Vadim **

Вадим K. wrote:

> Hello all,
> I tried to load OFBiz project into Eclipse and has only 10 errors of
> this kind:
> Severity Description Resource In Folder Location Creation Time
> 2 The project was not built since the source file
> /OFBiz/applications/order/src/org/ofbiz/order/OrderManagerEvents.java
> could not be read OFBiz 23 Январь 2006 г. 13:23:34
> 2 Error - Element type "subant" must be declared. build.xml OFBiz line
> 115 23 Январь 2006 г. 10:54:23
> 2 Error - The content of element type "target" must match
> "(propertyfile|vsscheckin|sql|cvspass|p4reopen|csc|dirname|wlrun|p4label|p4revert|replaceregexp|get|jjtree|sleep|jarlib-display|dependset|zip|patch|jspc|style|test|tstamp|unwar|vsshistory|icontract|cvschangelog|p4submit|ccmcheckin|p4change|bzip2|p4delete|vssadd|javadoc|translate|signjar|vajload|jarlib-available|WsdlToDotnet|buildnumber|jpcovmerge|ejbjar|war|rename|sequential|serverdeploy|property|move|copydir|cccheckin|wljspc|fixcrlf|sosget|pathconvert|record|p4sync|exec|p4edit|manifest|maudit|antlr|netrexxc|jpcovreport|execon|ccmcheckout|ant|xmlvalidate|xslt|iplanet
>

> I have included all possible paths and libraries, but something seems
> to be missing. Any ideas of what it can be?
> Thank you
> --
> / ** Vadim K. **/

/ ** Вадим К. **/

Re: Dev - OFBiz & Eclipse

Ray Barlow
Ant 1.6.x should be fine, it was just a suggestion because of the subant
error message. I take it you are running some variant of nix, does that
come with an old version of ant pre-installed that might be picked up in
your path?

Ray

Вадим K. wrote:

> I am using Eclipse 3.1.0 and Ant comming with it. So I have:
> Ant build tool core - 3.1.0
> Ant UI - 3.1.0
> Apache Ant - 1.6.5
> Are they too old? Or something is missing?
> ** Vadim **

Re: Dev - OFBiz & Eclipse

Вадим K.
I have checked SVN from Eclipse with svn-plugin and have most of the errors eliminated. The only error I have right now is :

Severity Description Resource In Folder Location Creation Time
2 edeal cannot be resolved TruitionCoReg.java ofbiz/applications/securityext/src/org/ofbiz/securityext/thirdparty/truition line 309 25 Январь 2006 г. 10:24:34

I think this is a code bug, but I do not understand why developers put it to SVN.
I syncronized the code today and still have this file uncompiled.

Thank you for help.

// Vadim

Вадим K. wrote:

> I am using Eclipse 3.1.0 and Ant comming with it. So I have:
> Ant build tool core - 3.1.0
> Ant UI - 3.1.0
> Apache Ant - 1.6.5
> Are they too old? Or something is missing?
> ** Vadim **

/ ** Вадим К. **/

Re: Dev - OFBiz & Eclipse

Ray Barlow
I think you will find that 'truition' is optional code/features not used
by default as the lib required to compile it is not included in SVN,
probably due to licensing conflicts.

The SVN build.xml files do exclude it from compilation by default so I
guess you are not building from those. There is a .project file in the
root of the SVN source that you can use to import a project into eclipse
that will allow you to easily compile it with the standard build.xml
files, whilst getting all the benefits of an IDE and debugger etc.

If you have not already, then search the wiki for 'eclipse' and probably
check out other sites like http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz as
there is some useful info there on OFBiz and eclipse.

Ray

Вадим K. wrote:

> I have checked SVN from Eclipse with svn-plugin and have most of the
> errors eliminated. The only error I have right now is :
> Severity Description Resource In Folder Location Creation Time
> 2 edeal cannot be resolved TruitionCoReg.java
> ofbiz/applications/securityext/src/org/ofbiz/securityext/thirdparty/truition
> line 309 25 Январь 2006 г. 10:24:34
> I think this is a code bug, but I do not understand why developers put
> it to SVN.
> I syncronized the code today and still have this file uncompiled.
> Thank you for help.
> // Vadim

Re: Dev - OFBiz & Eclipse

Вадим K.
I've removed the import of this branch and everything went OK.

Thank you for help !

// Vadim

Вадим K. wrote:

> I have checked SVN from Eclipse with svn-plugin and have most of the
> errors eliminated. The only error I have right now is :
> Severity Description Resource In Folder Location Creation Time
> 2 edeal cannot be resolved TruitionCoReg.java
> ofbiz/applications/securityext/src/org/ofbiz/securityext/thirdparty/truition
> line 309 25 Январь 2006 г. 10:24:34
> I think this is a code bug, but I do not understand why developers put
> it to SVN.
> I syncronized the code today and still have this file uncompiled.
> Thank you for help.
> // Vadim

/ ** Вадим К. **/