Dev - Spanish Translation

Guido Amarilla
Hi, this is my first post in Ofbiz mailing lists.

I would like to contribute to OFBiz translation to Spanish.
I already translated many .properties files and some seed data .xml
files. I have several questions. I know that italian, french and
portuguese translations are actively updated, and I´d like if some of
its developers could answer me.

- How can I collaborate with these files to the community?
- Which is te best way to keem them synchronized with the SVN
repository when the english version changes, for example, when new
properties are added?
- Is there a tool for that, did any of you developed some?

I´m learning and using OFBiz and in the future I´d like to contribute
in other areas, but I don´t understand many things yet.

--
Guido Amarilla

[hidden email]
Córdoba
Argentina

Re: Dev - Spanish Translation

Hi Guido,

I like to use RBE for that task, see Wiki  (Mmm it's not working today, see here
so (google cache for word "ofbiz wiki rbe") :
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:dCmuuvjck6YJ:ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp%3Fpage%3DEclipsePlugins+ofbiz+wiki+rbe&hl=fr&gl=fr&ct=clnk&cd=1)

Jacques

> Hi, this is my first post in Ofbiz mailing lists.
>
> I would like to contribute to OFBiz translation to Spanish.
> I already translated many .properties files and some seed data .xml
> files. I have several questions. I know that italian, french and
> portuguese translations are actively updated, and I´d like if some of
> its developers could answer me.
>
> - How can I collaborate with these files to the community?
> - Which is te best way to keem them synchronized with the SVN
> repository when the english version changes, for example, when new
> properties are added?
> - Is there a tool for that, did any of you developed some?
>
> I´m learning and using OFBiz and in the future I´d like to contribute
> in other areas, but I don´t understand many things yet.
>
> --
> Guido Amarilla
>
> [hidden email]
> Córdoba
> Argentina

Re: Dev - Spanish Translation

> Hi Guido,
>
> I like to use RBE for that task, see Wiki  (Mmm it's not working today, see
here
> so (google cache for word "ofbiz wiki rbe") :

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:dCmuuvjck6YJ:ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp%3Fpage%3DEclipsePlugins+ofbiz+wiki+rbe&hl=fr&gl=fr&ct=clnk&cd=1)

> Jacques

> > - How can I collaborate with these files to the community?

To send modifications you have to use patches. So if you see more modifications
that wanted in your patch adapt your set of parameters

The best is to adapt parameters in function of the file (some have blank around
"=" some not, some use upercase for unicode values some not, etc.).

Briefly :
1st panel : change default to no tabs in text
2d panel : check "convert unicode" either upper or lower case in function of
file. If the file have blank around "=" check also the relevant option. Uncheck
the rest.
3d panel : check all

Have a try, it's a really good tool

Jacques

PS : ASA the wiki is restored I'll add this comment

Re: Dev - Spanish Translation

Guido Amarilla-2
Thank you Jacques, it was very useful.

I have another question:
Do you translate the different Entity descriptions? Are these
translations managed in SVN?

Guido Amarilla

Córdoba
Argentina

2006/5/22, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>:

> > Hi Guido,
> >
> > I like to use RBE for that task, see Wiki  (Mmm it's not working today, see
> here
> > so (google cache for word "ofbiz wiki rbe") :
> >
> http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:dCmuuvjck6YJ:ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp%3Fpage%3DEclipsePlugins+ofbiz+wiki+rbe&hl=fr&gl=fr&ct=clnk&cd=1)
> >
> > Jacques
>
> > > - How can I collaborate with these files to the community?
>
> To send modifications you have to use patches. So if you see more modifications
> that wanted in your patch adapt your set of parameters
>
> The best is to adapt parameters in function of the file (some have blank around
> "=" some not, some use upercase for unicode values some not, etc.).
>
> Briefly :
> 1st panel : change default to no tabs in text
> 2d panel : check "convert unicode" either upper or lower case in function of
> file. If the file have blank around "=" check also the relevant option. Uncheck
> the rest.
> 3d panel : check all
>
> Have a try, it's a really good tool
>
> Jacques
>
> PS : ASA the wiki is restored I'll add this comment

Thanks Si,

This is very useful too :o)

Jacques