Dev - WebTools - Migration to Screen Widget Question

Dev - WebTools - Migration to Screen Widget Question

Jinsong-2
Hi,All

    I am now working on WebTools - Migration to Screen Widget(OFBIZ-107)
,There is one thing I am not very clear.

    Since we need to migrate to screen widget, the jpublish.xml is no longer needed.
and jpublish.xml is the only place the envsetup.bsh is invoked.  I mean after migrate to Screen widget
, do we still need envsetup.bsh? If it still needed, when and where the script is used?
Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jinsong

Re: Dev - WebTools - Migration to Screen Widget Question

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Jinsong,

please see my comments below:

Jinsong wrote:
> Hi,All
>
>     I am now working on WebTools - Migration to Screen Widget(OFBIZ-107)
> <http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-107>

That's great. Before going on, please, apply the patch in the file
"webtools_aggregated.patch" attached to the following Jira issue:

http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-595

because it contains some migration to screen widget I did a few days ago
(and that will hopefully be commited to svn soon).

> ,There is one thing I am not very clear.
>
>     Since we need to migrate to screen widget, the jpublish.xml is no
> longer needed.
> and jpublish.xml is the only place the envsetup.bsh is invoked.  I mean
> after migrate to Screen widget
> , do we still need envsetup.bsh? If it still needed, when and where the
> script is used?

No, envsetup.bsh will be no longer needed after the last JPublish
template will be converted to a screen.
The logic in the envsetup.bsh is substituted by the logic in the
CommonDecorator screen.
There are several other objects that can be removed after a complete
migration to screens:
* ofbiz.tld, regions.tld, regions.xml (used by jsps)
and in webapp/webtools/includes:
* appbar.ftl
* header.ftl
* messages.ftl
* states.ftl and states.jsp
* countries.ftl and countries.jsp

Jacopo

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards
>
> Jinsong

Re: Dev - WebTools - Migration to Screen Widget Question

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Jinsong,

about the patch in OFBIZ-595: David Jones committed it a few minutes ago
with rev. 6507: so just update your working directory before going on
with the migration to screens.

Jacopo

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Hi Jinsong,
>
> please see my comments below:
>
> Jinsong wrote:
>
>>Hi,All
>>
>>    I am now working on WebTools - Migration to Screen Widget(OFBIZ-107)
>><http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-107>
>

> That's great. Before going on, please, apply the patch in the file
> "webtools_aggregated.patch" attached to the following Jira issue:
>
> http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-595
>
> because it contains some migration to screen widget I did a few days ago
> (and that will hopefully be commited to svn soon).
>

>>,There is one thing I am not very clear.
>>
>>    Since we need to migrate to screen widget, the jpublish.xml is no
>>longer needed.
>>and jpublish.xml is the only place the envsetup.bsh is invoked.  I mean
>>after migrate to Screen widget
>>, do we still need envsetup.bsh? If it still needed, when and where the
>>script is used?
>

> No, envsetup.bsh will be no longer needed after the last JPublish
> template will be converted to a screen.
> The logic in the envsetup.bsh is substituted by the logic in the
> CommonDecorator screen.
> There are several other objects that can be removed after a complete
> migration to screens:
> * ofbiz.tld, regions.tld, regions.xml (used by jsps)
> and in webapp/webtools/includes:
> * appbar.ftl
> * header.ftl
> * messages.ftl
> * states.ftl and states.jsp
> * countries.ftl and countries.jsp
>
> Jacopo
>

>>Thanks in advance.
>>

>>Regards
>>
>>Jinsong

Re: Dev - WebTools - Migration to Screen Widget Question

Jinsong-2
Jacopo,

   Thanks a lot. I have got it.

Jinsong