Dev - controlling number of re-tries of failed async services

Dev - controlling number of re-tries of failed async services

Si Chen-2
Hi there -

Is there a way to control the number of times an async SECA service can
run after it has failed?

Thanks,

Si

Re: Dev - controlling number of re-tries of failed async services

Andrew Zeneski
Use the max-retry field on the service definition. This will be the
max number of times the service will re-try when it fails.

On Jan 4, 2006, at 5:13 PM, Si Chen wrote:

> Hi there -
>
> Is there a way to control the number of times an async SECA service
> can
> run after it has failed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Si

Re: Dev - controlling number of re-tries of failed async services

Adam Heath-2
On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Si Chen wrote:

> Hi there -
>
> Is there a way to control the number of times an async SECA service can
> run after it has failed?

Ideally, such a failure would be logged in a central location, and either
paused or stopped, and/or wait for admin approval.

It doesn't make sense in lots of cases to not always continually retry.

Re: Dev - controlling number of re-tries of failed async services

cjhowe
Si,
Individual services have a max-retry option so that
value would be set in each service that is being
called by the SECA.
<service name="" engine="" invoke="" location=""
max-retry="" etc...
Is that what you're looking for?
--- Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there -
>
> Is there a way to control the number of times an
> async SECA service can
> run after it has failed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Si

Re: Dev - controlling number of re-tries of failed async services

Si Chen-2
Chris, Andy -

Thanks.  That's exactly what I was looking for.  :)

Si