Dev - displayed list is truncated...

Ray Barlow
Hi,

We're seeing examples of screens where the number of lines displayed in
the list do not match the number of items returned from the data query.

One area is in the facility inventory view for products:
 https://localhost:8443/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryByProduct

We have one supplier with around 64 products, but the list when
displayed only shows 50 entries. After adding logging code to the bsh
file we could see the list of productId's as they are looped through in
the query and we could see that the correct 64 items were found and
added to the output list. We also replaced the screen with a straight
forward ftl implementation dumping the rows into a table and all the
data is then visible, so it really is down to the screen display code.

The inventory reports screen is also doing a similar filter, although
different numbers are involved i.e. nearly a thousand products with only
100 displayed:
  https://localhost:8443/facility/control/InventoryReports

This is not the very latest SVN but I can't update the instance to the
latest without risking the deployment. Unfortunately the demo data does
not really have enough volume in it to reproduce the issue on the
screens I've found to be problematic, so it might require additional
data beyond the default.

Is there something automatically limiting the size of the displayed
view? Are there supposed to be "previous/next" links to page through the
results? A point in the direction of the code that renders the screen
would be really helpful as I could dig a little deeper myself then.

Thanks,

Ray

Re: Dev - displayed list is truncated...

Si Chen-2
Wow.  That sounds like a bug.  Can you post it on JIRA?

Chris Howe wrote:

> I've been able to replicate this.  It occurs when the thru date is
> specified (at least for me on thte ProductCategoryMember entity) ie
> the first 7 entries with have a null thru date the 8th will have a
> specified thru date and the 9th thru 923 will have a null thru date.
> The outcome is that 7 entries are displayed and the index reads 1-7 of
> 923 with no way of advancing.
>
> */Ray <[hidden email]>/* wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     We're seeing examples of screens where the number of lines
>     displayed in
>     the list do not match the number of items returned from the data
>     query.
>
>     One area is in the facility inventory view for products:
>     https://localhost:8443/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryByProduct
>
>     We have one supplier with around 64 products, but the list when
>     displayed only shows 50 entri! es. After adding logging code to
>     the bsh
>     file we could see the list of productId's as they are looped
>     through in
>     the query and we could see that the correct 64 items were found and
>     added to the output list. We also replaced the screen with a straight
>     forward ftl implementation dumping the rows into a table and all the
>     data is then visible, so it really is down to the screen display code.
>
>     The inventory reports screen is also doing a similar filter, although
>     different numbers are involved i.e. nearly a thousand products
>     with only
>     100 displayed:
>     https://localhost:8443/facility/control/InventoryReports
>
>     This is not the very latest SVN but I can't update the instance to
>     the
>     latest without risking the deployment. Unfortunately the demo data
>     does
>     not really have enough volume in it to reproduce the issue on the
>     screens I've found to be problematic, so it might require additional
>     data beyond the default.
>
>     Is there something automatically limiting the size of the displayed
>     view? Are there supposed to be "previous/next" links to page
>     through the
>     results? A point in the direction of the code that renders the screen
>     would be really helpful as I could dig a little deeper myself then.
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Ray

Re: Dev - displayed list is truncated...

Ray Barlow
Is that the latest SVN you are running as there were some date related
changes and range fixes around r6205/6206.

The screens I'm using don't have dates but it's something I can look at
in terms of another screen I can test.

Thanks,

Ray

Chris Howe wrote:

> I've been able to replicate this.  It occurs when the thru date is
> specified (at least for me on thte ProductCategoryMember entity) ie
> the first 7 entries with have a null thru date the 8th will have a
> specified thru date and the 9th thru 923 will have a null thru date.
> The outcome is that 7 entries are displayed and the index reads 1-7 of
> 923 with no way of advancing.
>
> */Ray <[hidden email]>/* wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     We're seeing examples of screens where the number of lines
>     displayed in
>     the list do not match the number of items returned from the data
>     query.
>
>     One area is in the facility inventory view for products:
>     https://localhost:8443/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryByProduct
>
>     We have one supplier with around 64 products, but the list when
>     displayed only shows 50 entri! es. After adding logging code to
>     the bsh
>     file we could see the list of productId's as they are looped
>     through in
>     the query and we could see that the correct 64 items were found and
>     added to the output list. We also replaced the screen with a straight
>     forward ftl implementation dumping the rows into a table and all the
>     data is then visible, so it really is down to the screen display code.
>
>     The inventory reports screen is also doing a similar filter, although
>     different numbers are involved i.e. nearly a thousand products
>     with only
>     100 displayed:
>     https://localhost:8443/facility/control/InventoryReports
>
>     This is not the very latest SVN but I can't update the instance to
>     the
>     latest without risking the deployment. Unfortunately the demo data
>     does
>     not really have enough volume in it to reproduce the issue on the
>     screens I've found to be problematic, so it might require additional
>     data beyond the default.
>
>     Is there something automatically limiting the size of the displayed
>     view? Are there supposed to be "previous/next" links to page
>     through the
>     results? A point in the direction of the code that renders the screen
>     would be really helpful as I could dig a little deeper myself then.
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Ray

Re: Dev - displayed list is truncated...

cjhowe
Ray,
I'm playing with R6062 so maybe i should update to the latest svn to see if the bug i've come across still exists

Chris Howe wrote:

> I've been able to replicate this. It occurs when the thru date is
> specified (at least for me on thte ProductCategoryMember entity) ie
> the first 7 entries with have a null thru date the 8th will have a
> specified thru date and the 9th thru 923 will have a null thru date.
> The outcome is that 7 entries are displayed a! nd the index reads 1-7 of
> 923 with no way of advancing.
>
> */Ray /* wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We're seeing examples of screens where the number of lines
> displayed in
> the list do not match the number of items returned from the data
> query.
>
> One area is in the facility inventory view for products:
> https://localhost:8443/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryByProduct
>
> We have one supplier with around 64 products, but the list when
> displayed only shows 50 entri! es. After adding logging code to
> the bsh
> file we could see the list of productId's as they are looped
> through in
> the query and we could see that the correct 64 items were found and
> added to the output list. We also replaced the screen with a straight
> forward ftl implementation du! mping the rows into a table and all the
> data is then visible, so it really is down to the screen display code.
>
> The inventory reports screen is also doing a similar filter, although
> different numbers are involved i.e. nearly a thousand products
> with only
> 100 displayed:
> https://localhost:8443/facility/control/InventoryReports
>
> This is not the very latest SVN but I can't update the instance to
> the
> latest without risking the deployment. Unfortunately the demo data
> does
> not really have enough volume in it to reproduce the issue on the
> screens I've found to be problematic, so it might require additional
> data beyond the default.
>
> Is there something automatically limiting the size of the displayed
> view? Are there supposed to be "previous/next" links to page
> through the
> ! results? A point in the direction of the code that renders the screen
> would be really helpful as I could dig a little deeper myself then.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

Re: Dev - displayed list is truncated...

cjhowe
my mistake....i can't replicate it on my box running r6062...but it does exist on my box running r6189

Chris Howe wrote:

> I've been able to replicate this. It occurs w! hen the thru date is
> specified (at least for me on thte ProductCategoryMember entity) ie
> the first 7 entries with have a null thru date the 8th will have a
> specified thru date and the 9th thru 923 will have a null thru date.
> The outcome is that 7 entries are displayed a! nd the index reads 1-7 of
> 923 with no way of advancing.
>
> */Ray /* wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We're seeing examples of screens where the number of lines
> displayed in
> the list do not match the number of items returned from the data
> query.
>
> One area is in the facility inventory view for products:
> https://localhost:8443/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryByProduct
>
> We have one supplier with around 64 products, but the list when
> displayed only shows 50 entri! es. After adding logging code to
> ! the bsh
> file we could see the list of productId's as they are looped
> through in
> the query and we could see that the correct 64 items were found and
> added to the output list. We also replaced the screen with a straight
> forward ftl implementation du! mping the rows into a table and all the
> data is then visible, so it really is down to the screen display code.
>
> The inventory reports screen is also doing a similar filter, although
> different numbers are involved i.e. nearly a thousand products
> with only
> 100 displayed:
> https://localhost:8443/facility/control/InventoryReports
>
> This is not the very latest SVN but I can't update the instance to
> the
> latest without risking the deployment. Unfortunately the demo data
> does
> not really have enough volume in it to reproduce the issue on the
> screens I've found to be problematic, so it might require additional
> data beyond the default.
>
> Is there something automatically limiting the size of the displayed
> view? Are there supposed to be "previous/next" links to page
> through the
> ! results? A point in the direction of the code that renders the screen
> would be really helpful as I could dig a little deeper myself then.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

Re: Dev - displayed list is truncated...

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Ray, Chris,

this is interesting and I'll try to have a look at this.
By the way I don't think this is related to r6205/6206: these patches
solved a few problems in the lookup serches that use the "performFind"
service and I don't think this is the case of the
ViewFacilityInventoryByProduct.

before I go on with this, could you please confirm that the bug is
present in the latest SVN?

Chris Howe wrote:

> [...]
>          >
>          > Thanks,
>          >
>          > Ray
>          >
>          >
>          > _______________________________________________
>          > Dev mailing list
>          > [hidden email]
>          > http://lists.ofbiz.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
>          >
>          >
>          >------------------------------------------------------------------------
>          >
>          >
>          >_______________________________________________
>          >Dev mailing list
>          >[hidden email]
>          >http://lists.ofbiz.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
>          >

Re: Dev - displayed list is truncated...

My original post is unrelated to r6205/6 for sure and the views I'm
having troubles with don't use dates anyway, I just mentioned it in
reply to Chris as something he might check out for his problem.

I've not had a chance to test against the latest SVN (something like two
weeks old) and won't be able to right now as I need more data to
reproduce my problem, but hopefully over the next couple of days I might
be able to get something going with a clean instance and some larger
data volumes.

Ray

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Hi Ray, Chris,
>
> this is interesting and I'll try to have a look at this.
> By the way I don't think this is related to r6205/6206: these patches
> solved a few problems in the lookup serches that use the "performFind"
> service and I don't think this is the case of the
> ViewFacilityInventoryByProduct.
>
> before I go on with this, could you please confirm that the bug is
> present in the latest SVN?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jacopo

Re: Dev - displayed list is truncated...

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Ray,

with rev 6265 I should have fixed the issue you reported about the
ViewFacilityInventoryByProduct screen: I've simply added the
paginate-target attribute to the form definition (see the svn for
details). Without this attribute, the list was truncated to 50 rows:
that value is set in the ViewFacilityInventoryByProduct screen
definition with the following command:

<set field="viewSize" from-field="parameters.VIEW_SIZE" type="Integer"
default-value="50"/>

You can simply change this value to a smaller value if you want to make
some test with few data.

Probably the issue in InventoryReports screen can be fixed in the same
way: could you please have a look at it? (unfortunately I don't have
time right now...)

Thanks for the bug report.

Jacopo