Dev - ecommerce - expand order information

Dev - ecommerce - expand order information

Schreibmaier Joachim
Hi,

I'm very new to ofbiz. I try to expand the ecommerce application with
providing additional information about the shipment of the order.

In the file orderstatus.bsh I added the following lines:
    shipment = delegator.findByAnd("Shipment",
UtilMisc.toMap("primaryOrderId", orderId));
context.put("shipment", shipment);

In the orderHeader.ftl file I would show the customers the
estimatedReadyDate and estimatedShipDate.
In the entitymodel_shipment.xml file are the two fields which I need.

But if I try to call the fields in the orderheader.ftl file via ${shipment.
estimatedShipDate.toString()} I get the error Expression
shipment.estimatedShipDate is undefined. What I have made wrong?

If I only call $(shipment.toString} the estimatedShipDate is in this
GenericEntity. But how can I access a certain field of it?

Thanks for helping.

Best Regards

Joachim
--
Joachim Schreibmaier

Re: Dev - ecommerce - expand order information

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Joachim,

try this:

${shipment.estimatedShipDate}

or

${shipment.estimatedShipDate?if_exists}

Jacopo

Schreibmaier Joachim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm very new to ofbiz. I try to expand the ecommerce application with
> providing additional information about the shipment of the order.
>
> In the file orderstatus.bsh I added the following lines:
>     shipment = delegator.findByAnd("Shipment",
> UtilMisc.toMap("primaryOrderId", orderId));
> context.put("shipment", shipment);
>
> In the orderHeader.ftl file I would show the customers the
> estimatedReadyDate and estimatedShipDate.
> In the entitymodel_shipment.xml file are the two fields which I need.
>
> But if I try to call the fields in the orderheader.ftl file via ${shipment.
> estimatedShipDate.toString()} I get the error Expression
> shipment.estimatedShipDate is undefined. What I have made wrong?
>
> If I only call $(shipment.toString} the estimatedShipDate is in this
> GenericEntity. But how can I access a certain field of it?
>
> Thanks for helping.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Joachim

Re: Dev - ecommerce - expand order information

Lei Gao-2
Generally those default toString() method dose not work very well, the minutes and seconds shown there do not make much sense in the real world. I will always use a local variable to display them and use the a util class to format them

Lei

On 4/19/06, Jacopo Cappellato <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Joachim,

try this:

${shipment.estimatedShipDate}

or

${shipment.estimatedShipDate?if_exists}

Jacopo

Schreibmaier Joachim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm very new to ofbiz. I try to expand the ecommerce application with
> providing additional information about the shipment of the order.
>
> In the file orderstatus.bsh I added the following lines:
>     shipment = delegator.findByAnd("Shipment",
> UtilMisc.toMap("primaryOrderId", orderId));
> context.put("shipment", shipment);
>
> In the orderHeader.ftl file I would show the customers the
> estimatedReadyDate and estimatedShipDate.
> In the entitymodel_shipment.xml file are the two fields which I need.
>
> But if I try to call the fields in the orderheader.ftl file via ${shipment.
> estimatedShipDate.toString()} I get the error Expression
> shipment.estimatedShipDate is undefined. What I have made wrong?
>
> If I only call $(shipment.toString} the estimatedShipDate is in this
> GenericEntity. But how can I access a certain field of it?
>
> Thanks for helping.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Joachim

Re: Dev - ecommerce - expand order information

Schreibmaier Joachim

> try this:
>
> ${shipment.estimatedShipDate}
>
> or
>
> ${shipment.estimatedShipDate?if_exists}

Same effect as before: if I use the second method The field is empty.
Without it: Expression shipment.estimatedShipDate is undefined on line 100,
column 48 in orderheader.ftl.

How can I gain access to the estimatedShipDate field? Should I define it in
the orderstatus.bsh script?

Thanks for helping.

Best Regards
Joachim

--
Joachim Schreibmaier

Re: Dev - ecommerce - expand order information

Schreibmaier Joachim

Concerning my problem to expand the order infos I have no success. The
shipment.estimatedShipDate expression is undefinied. How can I define it?

When I express it in SQL-Syntax it would be:
SELECT estimatedShipDate from shipment inner join order_header on
shipment.primaryOrderId=order_header.orderId;

But how can I implement it in a bash-script?

Thanks for helping - it's really important for my application.

Best Regards

Joachim
--
Joachim Schreibmaier

Re: Dev - ecommerce - expand order information

cjhowe
I may not be following this thread correctly, but if
you're getting a freemarker error that
shipment.estimatedShipDate is undefined, then in your
ftl file where you have ${shipment.estimatedShipDate}
you need to have
${shipment.estimatedShipDate?if_exists}.

If it's a freemarker error it is because
estimatedShipDate is coming back null.  putting
?if_exists will tell freemarker that it's okay to be
null and will display the rest of the page (as long as
there aren't more errors)

--- Schreibmaier Joachim <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Concerning my problem to expand the order infos I
> have no success. The
> shipment.estimatedShipDate expression is undefinied.
> How can I define it?
>
> When I express it in SQL-Syntax it would be:
> SELECT estimatedShipDate from shipment inner join
> order_header on
> shipment.primaryOrderId=order_header.orderId;
>
> But how can I implement it in a bash-script?
>
> Thanks for helping - it's really important for my
> application.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Joachim
> --
> Joachim Schreibmaier

Re: Dev - ecommerce - expand order information

Joachim,

could you send the ftl template and bsh file you have implemented so
that we can have a look at them to see what's wrong?

Jacopo

  Schreibmaier Joachim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Concerning my problem to expand the order infos I have no success. The
> shipment.estimatedShipDate expression is undefinied. How can I define it?
>
> When I express it in SQL-Syntax it would be:
> SELECT estimatedShipDate from shipment inner join order_header on
> shipment.primaryOrderId=order_header.orderId;
>
> But how can I implement it in a bash-script?
>
> Thanks for helping - it's really important for my application.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Joachim

Dev - processing Returned Email

For many reasons, emails get returned.
I am witting a service to process these.
1) bad address, based on domain, since AOL bad address can be because of
Case.
2) Authorization reguired, Like earthlink.
3) spam and Relay filters.
4) out of office notification.

Also expand the order module to check domain rules for emails like for
#1 and #2

if anyone has other input let know.

Re: Dev - ecommerce - expand order information

Schreibmaier Joachim

> could you send the ftl template and bsh file you have implemented so
> that we can have a look at them to see what's wrong?
I found the error in the ftl-file. I don't know why, but the shipment
GenericValue object consists of 2 elements. The shipment[0] element has null
values and the shipment[1] object keeps the necessary values.

Now everything works but the formatting of the timestamp. Is there an
Utilclass which does this job? SimpleDateFormat or something similar?

Best Regards

Joachim

--
Joachim Schreibmaier

Re: Dev - processing Returned Email

Brad Plies
BJ,

Other possible reasons for a returned email

5.  "Mailbox Full" rejections

6.  Delivery timeouts, delivery system "gives up" (good address, host
SMTP service isn't responding)
http://alanpae.tripod.com/sendmail/Terminology.htm
"If the mail server for one of your recipients is offline, their message
can sit in the queue while Sendmail deals with the rest of the e-mails
waiting to be sent. After a specified timeout, Sendmail will try to send
the message again. It will keep doing this until another timeout that
you set tells it to give up and stop trying to send the message or the
message is delivered."

Brad

> From: BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [OFBiz] Dev - processing Returned Email
>
> For many reasons, emails get returned.
> I am witting a service to process these.
> 1) bad address, based on domain, since AOL bad address can be because of
> Case.
> 2) Authorization reguired, Like earthlink.
> 3) spam and Relay filters.
> 4) out of office notification.
>
> Also expand the order module to check domain rules for emails like for
> #1 and #2
>
> if anyone has other input let know.

Re: Dev - processing Returned Email

BJ Freeman
thanks for the input, Brad.

Brad sent the following on 4/20/06 1:02 PM:

> BJ,
>
> Other possible reasons for a returned email
>
> 5.  "Mailbox Full" rejections
>
> 6.  Delivery timeouts, delivery system "gives up" (good address, host
> SMTP service isn't responding)
> http://alanpae.tripod.com/sendmail/Terminology.htm
> "If the mail server for one of your recipients is offline, their message
> can sit in the queue while Sendmail deals with the rest of the e-mails
> waiting to be sent. After a specified timeout, Sendmail will try to send
> the message again. It will keep doing this until another timeout that
> you set tells it to give up and stop trying to send the message or the
> message is delivered."
>
> Brad
>
>>From: BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>
>>Subject: [OFBiz] Dev - processing Returned Email
>>
>>For many reasons, emails get returned.
>>I am witting a service to process these.
>>1) bad address, based on domain, since AOL bad address can be because of
>>Case.
>>2) Authorization reguired, Like earthlink.
>>3) spam and Relay filters.
>>4) out of office notification.
>>
>>Also expand the order module to check domain rules for emails like for
>>#1 and #2
>>
>>if anyone has other input let know.

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - processing Returned Email

just bumping this up from the old mailing list
make a return_mail_meca.xml for the patterns and
implement the java code that deals with assigning these.
with the email screen I will be implementing these can be selected.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 4/20/2006 8:33 AM: