Dev - opentravel name duplication

Si Chen-2
Hans,

I just upgraded my svn and am getting errors like this:

367996[  ServiceDispatcher.java:384:ERROR]
---- exception report
Service [prepareFind] threw an unexpected exception/error
Exception: org.ofbiz.service.GenericServiceException
Message: Cannot find service location
(org.ofbiz.opentravelsystem.FindServices)
---- stack trace
org.ofbiz.service.GenericServiceException: Cannot find service location
(org.ofbiz.opentravelsystem.FindServices)
org.ofbiz.service.engine.StandardJavaEngine.serviceInvoker(StandardJavaEngine.java:103)
org.ofbiz.service.engine.StandardJavaEngine.runSync(StandardJavaEngine.java:63)
org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:339)

Can you create your own service names instead of overlapping existing
ofbiz ones?

If not, then we should turn off the loading of specialized/ components
by default.

Thanks,

Si

Re: Dev - opentravel name duplication

Hans Bakker
Si,
The problem here is that if you include the opentravelsystem you also have to
include the java source directory in your build.xml file like:

    <filelist id="application-builds" dir="applications"
        files="content/build.xml,party/build.xml,
               workeffort/build.xml,product/build.xml,marketing/build.xml,
               order/build.xml,manufacturing/build.xml,
               accounting/build.xml,ecommerce/build.xml,
               securityext/build.xml,
               pos/build.xml,
               ../specialized/opentravelsystem/build.xml"/>

Then this problem will go away....
If you are not using the system you should not include it. There are indeed
services which are modified however still calling the original service.

However currently the the specialized components ARE disabled by default.

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

Hans Bakker wrote:

>Si,
>The problem here is that if you include the opentravelsystem you also have to
>include the java source directory in your build.xml file like:
>
>    <filelist id="application-builds" dir="applications"
>        files="content/build.xml,party/build.xml,
>               workeffort/build.xml,product/build.xml,marketing/build.xml,
>               order/build.xml,manufacturing/build.xml,
>               accounting/build.xml,ecommerce/build.xml,
>               securityext/build.xml,
>               pos/build.xml,
>       ../specialized/opentravelsystem/build.xml"/>
>
>Then this problem will go away....

But then you are asking most OFBiz users to start using your version of
these commonly used services.

By the way, why are you implementing your own performFind?

>If you are not using the system you should not include it. There are indeed
>services which are modified however still calling the original service.
>
>However currently the the specialized components ARE disabled by default.

I don't think so: the base/config/component-load.xml has this line:
    <load-components parent-directory="${ofbiz.home}/specialized"/>

On Thursday 26 January 2006 20:23, Si Chen wrote:

> >However currently the the specialized components ARE disabled by default.
>
> I don't think so: the base/config/component-load.xml has this line:
>     <load-components parent-directory="${ofbiz.home}/specialized"/>

The content of the file:  specialized/component-load.xml

<component-loader xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.ofbiz.org/dtds/component-loader.xsd">
<!--
    <load-component component-location="${ofbiz.home}/specialized/community"/>
    <load-component
component-location="${ofbiz.home}/specialized/opentravelsystem"/>
    <load-component component-location="${ofbiz.home}/specialized/wholesale"/>
-->

This sounds disabled for me.... you have a different opinion?

Si, i have the feeling that I offended you unintentionally...and now you are
trying to find things that I did wrong...if that is the case...I admit that I
do make mistakes. Please know that i am fully dedicated to the ofbiz project
and i only want the best. Sometimes we have different opinions ..isn't that
human?

please let me know if i see things wrong here....

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

Re: Dev - opentravel name duplication

Si Chen-2
Hans,

I don't doubt that, and I'm not annoyed at you--just at the problem.
For some reason my version is loading your specialized component and
overriding my service definitions.  I remember someone else writing
about this problem as well.

I think it's better in general though if you made changes to
performFind, to make them part of the regular performFind, and if you
had a specialized version, to give it a new name?  Don't you think so?

Si