Dev - sendGenericNotificationEmail ERROR

Dev - sendGenericNotificationEmail ERROR

Lei Gao-2
Hi there,

I found these ERROR message all over my log files and my log files' size increse very quick to reach several gig easily. I understand that was because I did not set the right SMTP server for out going mail, but is there a way under my development stage to stop this repeating thing, so, I can easily see some more useful information in the log file?

Thanks in advance.
Lei

Re: Dev - sendGenericNotificationEmail ERROR

David E. Jones

Which revision of OFBiz are you using? It sounds like it may be an older one...

-David

Lei Gao wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I found these ERROR message all over my log files and my log files' size
> increse very quick to reach several gig easily. I understand that was
> because I did not set the right SMTP server for out going mail, but is
> there a way under my development stage to stop this repeating thing, so,
> I can easily see some more useful information in the log file?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Lei

Re: Dev - sendGenericNotificationEmail ERROR

Lei Gao-2
Yes David,

It is an older version, I stopped sync the code with SVN, and I have to do that because I did some customized change for the customer.

What I want to do is just try to diable the mail notification feature. I looked at the general.properties, and it says
mail.notifications.enabled=N

So, whereelse I need to check to disable this scheduled mail notification?

Thanks
Lei

Lei Gao wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I found these ERROR message all over my log files and my log files' size
> increse very quick to reach several gig easily. I understand that was
> because I did not set the right SMTP server for out going mail, but is
> there a way under my development stage to stop this repeating thing, so,
> I can easily see some more useful information in the log file?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Lei

Re: Dev - sendGenericNotificationEmail ERROR

Adam Heath-2
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Lei Gao wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I found these ERROR message all over my log files and my log files' size
> increse very quick to reach several gig easily. I understand that was
> because I did not set the right SMTP server for out going mail, but is there
> a way under my development stage to stop this repeating thing, so, I can
> easily see some more useful information in the log file?

What errors did you see?  I see no paste from you.

Re: Dev - sendGenericNotificationEmail ERROR

If you have failed services queued up in an order version of OFBiz they have to be killed manually either in the WebTools webapp, or in the JobSandbox entity's table directly in the database.

There was a discussion on this a little while back, I believe in the users mailing list (which is where this should really go as it concerns use of OFBiz and not development of OFBiz). The person requesting help for the issue was not very friendly, but there were some good replies with detailed information anyway.

-David

Lei Gao wrote:

> Yes David,
>
> It is an older version, I stopped sync the code with SVN, and I have to
> do that because I did some customized change for the customer.
>
> What I want to do is just try to diable the mail notification feature. I
> looked at the general.properties, and it says
> mail.notifications.enabled=N
>
> So, whereelse I need to check to disable this scheduled mail notification?
>
> Thanks
> Lei
>

> On 3/15/06, *David E. Jones* <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     Which revision of OFBiz are you using? It sounds like it may be an
>     older one...
>
>     -David
>

>     Lei Gao wrote:
>      > Hi there,
>      >
>      > I found these ERROR message all over my log files and my log
>     files' size
>      > increse very quick to reach several gig easily. I understand that was
>      > because I did not set the right SMTP server for out going mail,
>     but is
>      > there a way under my development stage to stop this repeating
>     thing, so,
>      > I can easily see some more useful information in the log file?
>      >
>      > Thanks in advance.
>      > Lei
>      >
>      >
>      >

Re: Dev - sendGenericNotificationEmail ERROR

Lei Gao-2
Hi Adam/David

Here is part of my log files, in case you know a quick answer for this issue. I will do a search in the mailing list first and try to see if I could find my answer in the mailing list. The database I am using is MySQL 5.0.

Thanks very much.

Lei