Dev - using multi-service

Alexandre Gomes-8
Hi all,

I'm trying to implement the following scenario:

The user searches through the parties with a normal find form and a list
of rows of parties with checkboxes in each row is displayed together
with a (common to all rows) combobox for selecting the
partyClassificationGroup to which to attach the selected parties and a
submit button.

I'm trying to use the service-multi to implement this feature but it
requires only looped fields (doesn't allow a common input field to all
rows).

Is there a simple way to solve this issue? If not can you give me some
tips of what I should change in the framework?

Thank you,
Alexandre Gomes

Re: Dev - using multi-service

Si Chen-2
how about repeat the common fields on each row?

Alexandre Gomes wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm trying to implement the following scenario:
>
>The user searches through the parties with a normal find form and a list
>of rows of parties with checkboxes in each row is displayed together
>with a (common to all rows) combobox for selecting the
>partyClassificationGroup to which to attach the selected parties and a
>submit button.
>
>I'm trying to use the service-multi to implement this feature but it
>requires only looped fields (doesn't allow a common input field to all
>rows).
>
>Is there a simple way to solve this issue? If not can you give me some
>tips of what I should change in the framework?
>
>Thank you,
>Alexandre Gomes

Re: Dev - using multi-service

Alexandre Gomes-8
Thank you for the answer Si,

That wouldn't work because then the user would have to make the same
choice for each of the parties on the list.

The idea is to select a number of parties and attach them to a group
selected by the user (in a unique combobox).

Alexandre

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 13:48 -0800, Si Chen wrote:

> how about repeat the common fields on each row?
>
> Alexandre Gomes wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I'm trying to implement the following scenario:
> >
> >The user searches through the parties with a normal find form and a list
> >of rows of parties with checkboxes in each row is displayed together
> >with a (common to all rows) combobox for selecting the
> >partyClassificationGroup to which to attach the selected parties and a
> >submit button.
> >
> >I'm trying to use the service-multi to implement this feature but it
> >requires only looped fields (doesn't allow a common input field to all
> >rows).
> >
> >Is there a simple way to solve this issue? If not can you give me some
> >tips of what I should change in the framework?
> >
> >Thank you,
> >Alexandre Gomes

Re: Dev - using multi-service

David E. Jones

With recent changes to the ServiceMultiEventHandler this should be
possible. The checkGlobalScope flag now defaults to true which means
that if it doesn't find a parameter with the multi-line suffix then
it should find it just fine without the suffix.

-David

On Jan 12, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Alexandre Gomes wrote:

> Thank you for the answer Si,
>
> That wouldn't work because then the user would have to make the same
> choice for each of the parties on the list.
>
> The idea is to select a number of parties and attach them to a group
> selected by the user (in a unique combobox).
>
> Alexandre
>

> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 13:48 -0800, Si Chen wrote:
>> how about repeat the common fields on each row?
>>
>> Alexandre Gomes wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to implement the following scenario:
>>>
>>> The user searches through the parties with a normal find form and
>>> a list
>>> of rows of parties with checkboxes in each row is displayed together
>>> with a (common to all rows) combobox for selecting the
>>> partyClassificationGroup to which to attach the selected parties
>>> and a
>>> submit button.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to use the service-multi to implement this feature but it
>>> requires only looped fields (doesn't allow a common input field
>>> to all
>>> rows).
>>>
>>> Is there a simple way to solve this issue? If not can you give me
>>> some
>>> tips of what I should change in the framework?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Alexandre Gomes

Re: Dev - using multi-service

Alexandre Gomes-8
Thanks David,

Is there a special field in the list form widget that allows you to
insert a non suffixed field so we can use this new feature without
having to use a freemarker template?

Alexandre

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 17:04 -0700, David E. Jones wrote:

> With recent changes to the ServiceMultiEventHandler this should be
> possible. The checkGlobalScope flag now defaults to true which means
> that if it doesn't find a parameter with the multi-line suffix then
> it should find it just fine without the suffix.
>
> -David
>

> On Jan 12, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Alexandre Gomes wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the answer Si,
> >
> > That wouldn't work because then the user would have to make the same
> > choice for each of the parties on the list.
> >
> > The idea is to select a number of parties and attach them to a group
> > selected by the user (in a unique combobox).
> >
> > Alexandre
> >

> > On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 13:48 -0800, Si Chen wrote:
> >> how about repeat the common fields on each row?

Re: Dev - using multi-service

David E. Jones

This is a bit of a trick right now and I don't know of a really good
way to do it...

You can use the option for a form def to not have it generate the
form opening and closing and just do those HTML elements manually in
some way. With that you can have a single form and a list form used
together.

-David

On Jan 12, 2006, at 5:12 PM, Alexandre Gomes wrote:

> Thanks David,
>
> Is there a special field in the list form widget that allows you to
> insert a non suffixed field so we can use this new feature without
> having to use a freemarker template?
>
> Alexandre
>
> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 17:04 -0700, David E. Jones wrote:
>> With recent changes to the ServiceMultiEventHandler this should be
>> possible. The checkGlobalScope flag now defaults to true which means
>> that if it doesn't find a parameter with the multi-line suffix then
>> it should find it just fine without the suffix.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Jan 12, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Alexandre Gomes wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you for the answer Si,
>>>
>>> That wouldn't work because then the user would have to make the same
>>> choice for each of the parties on the list.
>>>
>>> The idea is to select a number of parties and attach them to a group
>>> selected by the user (in a unique combobox).
>>>
>>> Alexandre

Re: Dev - using multi-service

Alexandre Gomes-8
Once again thanks for your help David, you're the best!

Alexandre