[Discussion] Allocating a maven repository for OFBiz plugins

[Discussion] Allocating a maven repository for OFBiz plugins

taher
Hello Everyone,

The last piece of the puzzle to complete the plugin system for OFBiz is to
have a maven repository to which we can publish the released plugins.

I'm not sure what is the best approach to proceed and so opening this
thread for ideas. I think due to legal concerns we cannot publish on
JCenter.

So the question now is how, and where to create this repository? Should we
utilize some ASF existing repository? Create a new one? If create a new
one, which engine to use?

Appreciate your input and thoughts.

Cheers,

Taher Alkhateeb

Re: [Discussion] Allocating a maven repository for OFBiz plugins

Shi Jinghai-3
Hi Taher,

I think we should use the ASF existing repository. JCenter, central maven repository and others have proxy/cache to ASF repository.

Cheers,

Shi Jinghai

Taher Alkhateeb

Re: [Discussion] Allocating a maven repository for OFBiz plugins

taher
Hello Shi,

Which one is that? Where is it located? Who should we contact or what
should we do to request a repository?

Regards,

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:48 AM, Shi Jinghai <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Taher,
>
> I think we should use the ASF existing repository. JCenter, central maven
> repository and others have proxy/cache to ASF repository.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Shi Jinghai

+1 This makes totally sense,

Le 11/04/2017 à 03:48, Shi Jinghai a écrit :

> Hi Taher,
>
> I think we should use the ASF existing repository. JCenter, central maven repository and others have proxy/cache to ASF repository.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Shi Jinghai

Hi Taher, Jinghai,

See https://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html and especially bottom links

BTW unrelated, but I was curious some times ago: https://s.apache.org/JnrV

Jacques

Le 11/04/2017 à 07:44, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :

> Hello Shi,
>
> Which one is that? Where is it located? Who should we contact or what
> should we do to request a repository?
>
> Regards,
>
> On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:48 AM, Shi Jinghai <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Taher,
>>
>> I think we should use the ASF existing repository. JCenter, central maven
>> repository and others have proxy/cache to ASF repository.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Shi Jinghai

Thank you Jacques, this is exactly what I was looking for!

So what I understand is that we need to follow the instructions in [1].
However, this seems to be complicated because we will not publish POMs, but
create plugins on the fly using Gradle. I think I might ask a few questions
to INFRA on hipchat just to be sure of what I'm doing.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#signing-up

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 9:22 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Taher, Jinghai,
>
> See https://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html and especially bottom
> links
>
> BTW unrelated, but I was curious some times ago: https://s.apache.org/JnrV
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 11/04/2017 à 07:44, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
>
>> Hello Shi,
>>
>> Which one is that? Where is it located? Who should we contact or what
>> should we do to request a repository?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:48 AM, Shi Jinghai <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Taher,
>>>
>>> I think we should use the ASF existing repository. JCenter, central maven
>>> repository and others have proxy/cache to ASF repository.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Shi Jinghai

Okay folks, request issued for the plugin repository in here ->

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Taher Alkhateeb <[hidden email]