OFBIZ-9255

At https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9255 Marie-Aline contributed a patch which works only when there is only one Tax percentage per order

I suggest we apply and create a new Jira to handle the multi percentages

What do you think?

Re: OFBIZ-9255

Pierre Smits
Many countries differentiate with their VAT (tax) rates (e.g. see [1]). So
being able to only apply one would seriously hinder OFBiz adoption.

[1] http://www.vatlive.com/vat-rates/european-vat-rates/

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9255 Marie-Aline
> contributed a patch which works only when there is only one Tax percentage
> per order
>
> I suggest we apply and create a new Jira to handle the multi percentages
>
> What do you think?

Re: OFBIZ-9255

Yes but at the moment it's a bug, so we would enhance (read fix the rest) later

Jacques

Le 19/04/2017 à 13:06, Pierre Smits a écrit :

> Many countries differentiate with their VAT (tax) rates (e.g. see [1]). So
> being able to only apply one would seriously hinder OFBiz adoption.
>
> [1] http://www.vatlive.com/vat-rates/european-vat-rates/
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pierre Smits
>
> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
> OFBiz based solutions & services
>
> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> At https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9255 Marie-Aline
>> contributed a patch which works only when there is only one Tax percentage
>> per order
>>
>> I suggest we apply and create a new Jira to handle the multi percentages
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jacques

Re: OFBIZ-9255

Sharan-F
Hi All

My preference would be that we include a generic solution rather than
tie it to a specific country.

Thanks
Sharan

On 19/04/17 13:50, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Yes but at the moment it's a bug, so we would enhance (read fix the
> rest) later
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 19/04/2017 à 13:06, Pierre Smits a écrit :
>> Many countries differentiate with their VAT (tax) rates (e.g. see
>> [1]). So
>> being able to only apply one would seriously hinder OFBiz adoption.
>>
>> [1] http://www.vatlive.com/vat-rates/european-vat-rates/
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Pierre Smits
>>
>> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
>> OFBiz based solutions & services
>>
>> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
>> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> At https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9255 Marie-Aline
>>> contributed a patch which works only when there is only one Tax
>>> percentage
>>> per order
>>>
>>> I suggest we apply and create a new Jira to handle the multi
>>> percentages
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: OFBIZ-9255

Thanks Sharan,

But this is not really my question, Pierre side tracked my question.

To be clear: my question is not about applying only 1 VAT, we already apply several. But as explained  in OFBIZ-9255 to fix an issue in a special case
which, for now, would be fixed only when 1 percentage is applied.

Jacques

Le 19/04/2017 à 14:21, Sharan Foga a écrit :

> Hi All
>
> My preference would be that we include a generic solution rather than tie it to a specific country.
>
> Thanks
> Sharan
>
> On 19/04/17 13:50, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> Yes but at the moment it's a bug, so we would enhance (read fix the rest) later
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 19/04/2017 à 13:06, Pierre Smits a écrit :
>>> Many countries differentiate with their VAT (tax) rates (e.g. see [1]). So
>>> being able to only apply one would seriously hinder OFBiz adoption.
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.vatlive.com/vat-rates/european-vat-rates/
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Pierre Smits
>>>
>>> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
>>> OFBiz based solutions & services
>>>
>>> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
>>> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Re: OFBIZ-9255

Jacopo Cappellato-5
On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> To be clear: my question is not about applying only 1 VAT, we already
> apply several. But as explained  in OFBIZ-9255 to fix an issue in a special
> case which, for now, would be fixed only when 1 percentage is applied.

My general advice is to avoid as much as possible to commit fixes for
special cases that don't work for more general cases because the proper
solution to address the more general case may be significantly different
from the solution for the specific case fix and this adds complexity to the
codebase that needs to be addressed at a later point of time.

Re: OFBIZ-9255

Michael Brohl-3
+1

Better think about it a bit more, maybe  encourage the contributor to provide a more generic solution instead of letting half-done code into the codebase. It will be there for long.

Best regards, Michael