Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

David E Jones

Hello all,

I just wrote up a draft of the board report for 2007-06 (ie June 2007) and it is available here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2007-06

It would be great to get feedback on this. This is our first quarterly report, or in other words it has been 3 months since the last report. That means a lot has happened since the last report so I may have missed something! Also, a few sensitive things have happened recently and any feedback on my wording and tone would be great.

I will be submitting this tomorrow or Saturday to leave plenty of time before the board meeting next Wednesday.

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

Tim Ruppert
+1

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Jun 14, 2007, at 6:43 PM, David E Jones wrote:

Hello all,

I just wrote up a draft of the board report for 2007-06 (ie June 2007) and it is available here:

It would be great to get feedback on this. This is our first quarterly report, or in other words it has been 3 months since the last report. That means a lot has happened since the last report so I may have missed something! Also, a few sensitive things have happened recently and any feedback on my wording and tone would be great.

I will be submitting this tomorrow or Saturday to leave plenty of time before the board meeting next Wednesday.

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

Shi Yusen
Quite surprised to know Si's resign from PMC.

It would be great if Si changes his license to Apache or LGPL. We all
know that no one would like to share his key secret with the others.

Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.

在 2007-06-14四的 18:43 -0600,David E Jones写道:

> Hello all,
>
> I just wrote up a draft of the board report for 2007-06 (ie June 2007) and it is available here:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2007-06
>
> It would be great to get feedback on this. This is our first quarterly report, or in other words it has been 3 months since the last report. That means a lot has happened since the last report so I may have missed something! Also, a few sensitive things have happened recently and any feedback on my wording and tone would be great.
>
> I will be submitting this tomorrow or Saturday to leave plenty of time before the board meeting next Wednesday.

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

Alex D. Fleming-2
+ 1

Regards
Alex D. Fleming

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

Ean Schuessler
On Thursday 14 June 2007 07:43:37 pm David E Jones wrote:

> I just wrote up a draft of the board report for 2007-06 (ie June 2007) and
> it is available here:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2007-06
>
> It would be great to get feedback on this. This is our first quarterly
> report, or in other words it has been 3 months since the last report. That
> means a lot has happened since the last report so I may have missed
> something! Also, a few sensitive things have happened recently and any
> feedback on my wording and tone would be great.
>
> I will be submitting this tomorrow or Saturday to leave plenty of time
> before the board meeting next Wednesday.

I'm not sure what to add. Si's resignation is unfortunate. I know he places a
lot of value on the OpenTaps fork but it seems to me that there is much more
to be had by presenting a consolidated front and trying to catch (and
surpass) Compiere. I don't know if this list is the right venue for hashing
those details out. But then again, TINC sucks.

ps. "tinc" is a long-running Debian joke/truth.
pps. http://tinc.debian.net

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
[hidden email]
Brainfood, Inc.
http://www.brainfood.com

David E Jones wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I just wrote up a draft of the board report for 2007-06 (ie June 2007)
> and it is available here:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2007-06
>
> It would be great to get feedback on this. This is our first quarterly
> report, or in other words it has been 3 months since the last report.
> That means a lot has happened since the last report so I may have missed
> something! Also, a few sensitive things have happened recently and any
> feedback on my wording and tone would be great.
>
> I will be submitting this tomorrow or Saturday to leave plenty of time
> before the board meeting next Wednesday.

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

jonwimp
I didn't realize Compiere was any better than OFBiz. Something wrong happened along the way, right
about the time they changed the licensing?

Jonathon

Ean Schuessler wrote:

> On Thursday 14 June 2007 07:43:37 pm David E Jones wrote:
>> I just wrote up a draft of the board report for 2007-06 (ie June 2007) and
>> it is available here:
>>
>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2007-06
>>
>> It would be great to get feedback on this. This is our first quarterly
>> report, or in other words it has been 3 months since the last report. That
>> means a lot has happened since the last report so I may have missed
>> something! Also, a few sensitive things have happened recently and any
>> feedback on my wording and tone would be great.
>>
>> I will be submitting this tomorrow or Saturday to leave plenty of time
>> before the board meeting next Wednesday.
>
> I'm not sure what to add. Si's resignation is unfortunate. I know he places a
> lot of value on the OpenTaps fork but it seems to me that there is much more
> to be had by presenting a consolidated front and trying to catch (and
> surpass) Compiere. I don't know if this list is the right venue for hashing
> those details out. But then again, TINC sucks.
>
> ps. "tinc" is a long-running Debian joke/truth.
> pps. http://tinc.debian.net

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

Scott Gray
+1

Scott

On 15/06/07, Jonathon -- Improov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I didn't realize Compiere was any better than OFBiz. Something wrong
> happened along the way, right
> about the time they changed the licensing?
>
> Jonathon
>
> Ean Schuessler wrote:
> > On Thursday 14 June 2007 07:43:37 pm David E Jones wrote:
> >> I just wrote up a draft of the board report for 2007-06 (ie June 2007)
> and
> >> it is available here:
> >>
> >> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2007-06
> >>
> >> It would be great to get feedback on this. This is our first quarterly
> >> report, or in other words it has been 3 months since the last report.
> That
> >> means a lot has happened since the last report so I may have missed
> >> something! Also, a few sensitive things have happened recently and any
> >> feedback on my wording and tone would be great.
> >>
> >> I will be submitting this tomorrow or Saturday to leave plenty of time
> >> before the board meeting next Wednesday.
> >
> > I'm not sure what to add. Si's resignation is unfortunate. I know he
> places a
> > lot of value on the OpenTaps fork but it seems to me that there is much
> more
> > to be had by presenting a consolidated front and trying to catch (and
> > surpass) Compiere. I don't know if this list is the right venue for
> hashing
> > those details out. But then again, TINC sucks.
> >
> > ps. "tinc" is a long-running Debian joke/truth.
> > pps. http://tinc.debian.net

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

Hi Ean,

This photo is really cute, but what TINC is really about ?

Just curious

Jacques

De : "Ean Schuessler" <[hidden email]>
[...]
> I'm not sure what to add. Si's resignation is unfortunate. I know he
places a
> lot of value on the OpenTaps fork but it seems to me that there is
much more
> to be had by presenting a consolidated front and trying to catch (and
> surpass) Compiere. I don't know if this list is the right venue for
hashing
> those details out. But then again, TINC sucks.
>
> ps. "tinc" is a long-running Debian joke/truth.
> pps. http://tinc.debian.net

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

+1

Besides, as a new PMC member should I register to a private ML or
something ? In other word, how are exchanges done between PMC members ?

Jacques

De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

> Hello all,
>
> I just wrote up a draft of the board report for 2007-06 (ie June 2007)
and it is available here:

> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2007-06
>
> It would be great to get feedback on this. This is our first quarterly
report, or in other words it has been 3 months since the last report.
That means a lot has happened since the last report so I may have missed
something! Also, a few sensitive things have happened recently and any
feedback on my wording and tone would be great.

> I will be submitting this tomorrow or Saturday to leave plenty of time
before the board meeting next Wednesday.

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

Jacopo Cappellato
Jacques,

I think you (and Scott) have been already added to the
[hidden email] list.
However that list should be really used to exchange very confidential
information (e.g. about individuals); in fact the traffic there is
really low.
The main channel of communication for PMC members is the public dev
mailing list.

Jacopo

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> +1
>
> Besides, as a new PMC member should I register to a private ML or
> something ? In other word, how are exchanges done between PMC members ?
>
> Jacques
>
> De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I just wrote up a draft of the board report for 2007-06 (ie June 2007)
> and it is available here:
>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2007-06
>>
>> It would be great to get feedback on this. This is our first quarterly
> report, or in other words it has been 3 months since the last report.
> That means a lot has happened since the last report so I may have missed
> something! Also, a few sensitive things have happened recently and any
> feedback on my wording and tone would be great.
>> I will be submitting this tomorrow or Saturday to leave plenty of time
> before the board meeting next Wednesday.
>> -David

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

OK, http://www.tinc-vpn.org/

For those interested by the photo : http://tinyurl.com/2ah9zq
(search for tinc)

Jacques

De : "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>

> Hi Ean,
>
> This photo is really cute, but what TINC is really about ?
>
> Just curious
>
> Jacques
>
> De : "Ean Schuessler" <[hidden email]>
> [...]
> > I'm not sure what to add. Si's resignation is unfortunate. I know he
> places a
> > lot of value on the OpenTaps fork but it seems to me that there is
> much more
> > to be had by presenting a consolidated front and trying to catch
(and
> > surpass) Compiere. I don't know if this list is the right venue for
> hashing
> > those details out. But then again, TINC sucks.
> >
> > ps. "tinc" is a long-running Debian joke/truth.
> > pps. http://tinc.debian.net

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/PMC+members+and+Committers

should be updated regarding Si decision.

Please Si, is it possible for you to explain your decision ?

Jacques

De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

> Hello all,
>
> I just wrote up a draft of the board report for 2007-06 (ie June 2007)
and it is available here:

> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2007-06
>
> It would be great to get feedback on this. This is our first quarterly
report, or in other words it has been 3 months since the last report.
That means a lot has happened since the last report so I may have missed
something! Also, a few sensitive things have happened recently and any
feedback on my wording and tone would be great.

> I will be submitting this tomorrow or Saturday to leave plenty of time
before the board meeting next Wednesday.

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

Thanks Jacopo

Jacques

De : "Jacopo Cappellato" <[hidden email]>

> Jacques,
>
> I think you (and Scott) have been already added to the
> [hidden email] list.
> However that list should be really used to exchange very confidential
> information (e.g. about individuals); in fact the traffic there is
> really low.
> The main channel of communication for PMC members is the public dev
> mailing list.
>
> Jacopo
>

> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> > +1
> >
> > Besides, as a new PMC member should I register to a private ML or
> > something ? In other word, how are exchanges done between PMC members ?
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> > De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> I just wrote up a draft of the board report for 2007-06 (ie June 2007)
> > and it is available here:
> >> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2007-06
> >>
> >> It would be great to get feedback on this. This is our first quarterly
> > report, or in other words it has been 3 months since the last report.
> > That means a lot has happened since the last report so I may have missed
> > something! Also, a few sensitive things have happened recently and any
> > feedback on my wording and tone would be great.
> >> I will be submitting this tomorrow or Saturday to leave plenty of time
> > before the board meeting next Wednesday.
> >> -David

Re: Draft of Board Report for 2007-06

Amit Shinde
+1

Congrats Adrian, Joe and Anil. May the force be with you! :)