Editing order question

Bilgin Ibryam
Hi all,

Editing order item quantities or canceling order items also update
inventory item reservations.
But if there are also created shipment items and shipment plan, they are
not updated.

Is this a missing feature or there is a reason for doing so?
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Bilgin

Re: Editing order question

Scott Gray
Hi Bilgin

Personally I think the whole editing orders process needs a rethink, as you
dig into you'll probably come across a lot of things that don't make sense
and should be fixed.

If it does ever get reworked, my idea for the process was this:
Editing the order should take you through the same process as creating a new
order, just with the existing order loaded into the cart.  You should be
able to add/remove quantities and products, edit the payment methods,
shipping addresses etc.
When it comes time to process the order the system should just compare the
cart to the existing order and then make changes only where necessary.

Just my opinion though :-)

Regards
Scott

On 10/04/2008, Bilgin Ibryam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Editing order item quantities or canceling order items also update
> inventory item reservations.
> But if there are also created shipment items and shipment plan, they are
> not updated.
>
> Is this a missing feature or there is a reason for doing so?
> Any thoughts are appreciated.
>

> Bilgin

Re: Editing order question

(lasy and quick answer) I suppose they are recreated from scratch when the shipment really occurs ?

Jacques

From: "Bilgin Ibryam" <[hidden email]>

> Hi all,
>
> Editing order item quantities or canceling order items also update
> inventory item reservations.
> But if there are also created shipment items and shipment plan, they are
> not updated.
>
> Is this a missing feature or there is a reason for doing so?
> Any thoughts are appreciated.
>
> Bilgin

Re: Editing order question

Bilgin Ibryam
Scott, Jacques, thanks for your opinions.
It looks like what I want is not possible. One order item can be planned in many shipments...
I will forget about it for now.