Email Body

Tushar Abhyankar
Hi All,

            I am trying to set up content in the an email, I am using the
screens to setup the email body

 <label style="salutation" text="Dear ${firstName}" but I am not getting the
salutation displayed in the generated mail,

here is a code snippet

<widgets>

            <decorator-screen name="nwsltrDecorator">

                    <decorator-section name="body">

                  <container><label style="salutation" text="Dear
${firsrName}"/></container>

                    </decorator-section>

            </decorator-screen>

</widget>

has anyone worked on it before?  Could anyone suggest where I am going
wrong?

Thanks in advance..

Re: Email Body

cjhowe
Do you have a screen with the name "nwsltrDecorator"
in the same file as this screen definition and does
nwsltrDecorator have a <decorator-section-include
name="body"/> tag?
--- Tushar Abhyankar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>             I am trying to set up content in the an
> email, I am using the
> screens to setup the email body
>

>  <label style="salutation" text="Dear ${firstName}"
> but I am not getting the
> salutation displayed in the generated mail,
>

> here is a code snippet
>

> <widgets>
>

>             <decorator-screen
> name="nwsltrDecorator">
>
>                     <decorator-section name="body">
>
>                   <container><label
> style="salutation" text="Dear
> ${firsrName}"/></container>
>
>                     </decorator-section>
>
>             </decorator-screen>
>

> </widget>
>

> has anyone worked on it before?  Could anyone
> suggest where I am going
> wrong?
>

> Thanks in advance..

Re: Email Body

cjhowe
Also, are you calling your screen from a freemarker
template file using
${screen.render(....)} where that freemarker template
file was in turn called from a screen that was called
via ${screen.render(...)}?

I had reported a bug with nesting
${screen.render(...)} a while back, but unfortunately
haven't been able to find time to dig into it's cause.

--- Chris Howe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do you have a screen with the name "nwsltrDecorator"
> in the same file as this screen definition and does
> nwsltrDecorator have a <decorator-section-include
> name="body"/> tag?
> --- Tushar Abhyankar
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> >             I am trying to set up content in the
> an
> > email, I am using the
> > screens to setup the email body
> >

> >  <label style="salutation" text="Dear
> ${firstName}"
> > but I am not getting the
> > salutation displayed in the generated mail,
> >

> > here is a code snippet
> >

> > <widgets>
> >

> >             <decorator-screen
> > name="nwsltrDecorator">
> >
> >                     <decorator-section
> name="body">
> >
> >                   <container><label
> > style="salutation" text="Dear
> > ${firsrName}"/></container>
> >
> >                     </decorator-section>
> >
> >             </decorator-screen>
> >

> > </widget>
> >

> > has anyone worked on it before?  Could anyone
> > suggest where I am going
> > wrong?
> >

> > Thanks in advance..

RE: Email Body

Tushar Abhyankar
I am calling the screen from the service "sendMailFromScreen" which has a
parameter bodyScreenUri to which I am passing the path of the screen. I did
include <decorator-section-include name="body"/>, but it didn't work. I am
also passing other parameter bodyText="This is Test mail" which is displayed
in the generated mail, but not the content of salutation.

Also, are you calling your screen from a freemarker
template file using
${screen.render(....)} where that freemarker template
file was in turn called from a screen that was called
via ${screen.render(...)}?

I had reported a bug with nesting
${screen.render(...)} a while back, but unfortunately
haven't been able to find time to dig into it's cause.

--- Chris Howe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do you have a screen with the name "nwsltrDecorator"
> in the same file as this screen definition and does
> nwsltrDecorator have a <decorator-section-include
> name="body"/> tag?
> --- Tushar Abhyankar
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> >             I am trying to set up content in the
> an
> > email, I am using the
> > screens to setup the email body
> >

> >  <label style="salutation" text="Dear
> ${firstName}"
> > but I am not getting the
> > salutation displayed in the generated mail,
> >

> > here is a code snippet
> >

> > <widgets>
> >

> >             <decorator-screen
> > name="nwsltrDecorator">
> >
> >                     <decorator-section
> name="body">
> >
> >                   <container><label
> > style="salutation" text="Dear
> > ${firsrName}"/></container>
> >
> >                     </decorator-section>
> >
> >             </decorator-screen>
> >

> > </widget>
> >

> > has anyone worked on it before?  Could anyone
> > suggest where I am going
> > wrong?
> >

> > Thanks in advance..

RE: Email Body

Tushar Abhyankar
I am passing this screen's path from the service as a parameter

<screen name="OneSubscriptionOnly">
    <section>
      <widgets>
                        <container>
                            <label style="salutation" text="Dear Tushar"/>
                        </container>
            </widgets>
   </section>
</screen>

Also, are you calling your screen from a freemarker
template file using
${screen.render(....)} where that freemarker template
file was in turn called from a screen that was called
via ${screen.render(...)}?

I had reported a bug with nesting
${screen.render(...)} a while back, but unfortunately
haven't been able to find time to dig into it's cause.

--- Chris Howe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do you have a screen with the name "nwsltrDecorator"
> in the same file as this screen definition and does
> nwsltrDecorator have a <decorator-section-include
> name="body"/> tag?
> --- Tushar Abhyankar
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> >             I am trying to set up content in the
> an
> > email, I am using the
> > screens to setup the email body
> >

> >  <label style="salutation" text="Dear
> ${firstName}"
> > but I am not getting the
> > salutation displayed in the generated mail,
> >

> > here is a code snippet
> >

> > <widgets>
> >

> >             <decorator-screen
> > name="nwsltrDecorator">
> >
> >                     <decorator-section
> name="body">
> >
> >                   <container><label
> > style="salutation" text="Dear
> > ${firsrName}"/></container>
> >
> >                     </decorator-section>
> >
> >             </decorator-screen>
> >

> > </widget>
> >

> > has anyone worked on it before?  Could anyone
> > suggest where I am going
> > wrong?
> >

> > Thanks in advance..

Re: Email Body

David E Jones-2

Could you step back and describe what you're trying to do, and in
what way the outcome is different from what you expected?

For sending email, as with many other things, you might try looking
at existing example services and screens, like the ones in the
ecommerce and order components.

-David