Email for Communication Event

Tushar Abhyankar
Hi All,

            I am using sendCommEventAsEmail service, it's a core ofbiz
service that notifies the user about the communication event. The email just
displays the orderId and Event Message which I set in the content field.

I require to send email through screen widget, I was wondering if it is
possible to use screen widget to send an email from the service?

Regards,

Tushar Abhyankar

Amicon Technologies Pvt Ltd. Mumbai.

Re: Email for Communication Event

BJ Freeman
Look at the code for sending Notification from the productstore.

Tushar Abhyankar sent the following on 11/22/2007 11:13 PM:

> Hi All,
>
>             I am using sendCommEventAsEmail service, it's a core ofbiz
> service that notifies the user about the communication event. The email just
> displays the orderId and Event Message which I set in the content field.
>
> I require to send email through screen widget, I was wondering if it is
> possible to use screen widget to send an email from the service?
>

> Regards,
>
> Tushar Abhyankar
>
> Amicon Technologies Pvt Ltd. Mumbai.

RE: Email for Communication Event

Tushar Abhyankar
Yes we can send the emails from ProductStore and it is used for sending
other mails like Order Confirmation etc....

  I create a CommunicationEvent and populate the content field with the
email message. In the sendCommEventAsEmail service, the table is queried for
the record corresponding to the communicationEventId. The content is the
body of the email and the email is send.

If I populate the content field with path to screen widget, will it work?

Look at the code for sending Notification from the productstore.

Tushar Abhyankar sent the following on 11/22/2007 11:13 PM:
> Hi All,
>
>             I am using sendCommEventAsEmail service, it's a core ofbiz
> service that notifies the user about the communication event. The email
just

> displays the orderId and Event Message which I set in the content field.
>
> I require to send email through screen widget, I was wondering if it is
> possible to use screen widget to send an email from the service?
>

> Regards,
>
> Tushar Abhyankar
>
> Amicon Technologies Pvt Ltd. Mumbai.

Re: Email for Communication Event

BJ Freeman
the code for using a widget is in the email notifications for the
product store I am sure you can adapt it to you requirement.

Tushar Abhyankar sent the following on 11/23/2007 4:48 AM: