Error in Inventory Items Detail Report (Again)

Error in Inventory Items Detail Report (Again)

Enrique Ruibal
Hello,

I just found this problem appears again when using Postgres 3.0, I
thought we had got rid of it but today when I clicked on this report at
Jacques alternate demo server using Postgres it shows nothing.

https://lamouline.myvnc.com:18443/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryItemsDetails

however if you get the same report from demo.hotwaxmedia.com you see the
results are there

https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryItemsDetails

How could this have happened? Pls check on the console log to see the
error, as I couldn't attach a trace file to this message
Kind regards,

-Enrique Ruibal

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> No problem at all with PostGres 8.3 (locally)
> r692770
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Enrique Ruibal" <[hidden email]>
>>
>> It turns out I had stumped into the same issue a few months ago,
>>
>> http://www.nabble.com/Error-in-Inventory-Reports-from-trunk-build-%2B-PostgresSQL-8.3-ts15646237.html#a15656503
>>

>> Sorry to post this once again....¿any ideas why is this happening any
>> way?

Re: Error in Inventory Items Detail Report (Again)

BJ Freeman
FYI the equivalent of console logs on any ofbiz server is
https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/LogView

Enrique Ruibal A. sent the following on 9/18/2008 3:28 PM:

> Hello,
>
> I just found this problem appears again when using Postgres 3.0, I
> thought we had got rid of it but today when I clicked on this report at
> Jacques alternate demo server using Postgres it shows nothing.
>
> https://lamouline.myvnc.com:18443/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryItemsDetails
>

> however if you get the same report from demo.hotwaxmedia.com you see the
> results are there
>
> https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryItemsDetails
>

> How could this have happened? Pls check on the console log to see the
> error, as I couldn't attach a trace file to this message
> Kind regards,
>
> -Enrique Ruibal
>

> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> No problem at all with PostGres 8.3 (locally)
>> r692770
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Enrique Ruibal" <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> It turns out I had stumped into the same issue a few months ago,
>>>
>>> http://www.nabble.com/Error-in-Inventory-Reports-from-trunk-build-%2B-PostgresSQL-8.3-ts15646237.html#a15656503
>>>

>>> Sorry to post this once again....¿any ideas why is this happening any
>>> way?

Re: Error in Inventory Items Detail Report (Again)

Enrique Ruibal
Thank you..note taken.

-Enrique Ruibal

Re: Error in Inventory Items Detail Report (Again)

From: "Enrique Ruibal A." <[hidden email]>
> Hello,
>
> I just found this problem appears again when using Postgres 3.0, I thought we had got rid of it but today when I clicked on this
> report at Jacques alternate demo server using Postgres it shows nothing.
>
> https://lamouline.myvnc.com:18443/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryItemsDetails

I guess you mean Postgres 8.3, which facility did you use ? There is one cvvc (create by somebody) which is empty, 2 facilities demo
are OK

Jacques

> however if you get the same report from demo.hotwaxmedia.com you see the results are there
>
> https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryItemsDetails
>
> How could this have happened? Pls check on the console log to see the error, as I couldn't attach a trace file to this message
> Kind regards,
>
> -Enrique Ruibal
>

> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> No problem at all with PostGres 8.3 (locally)
>> r692770
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Enrique Ruibal" <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> It turns out I had stumped into the same issue a few months ago,
>>>
>>> http://www.nabble.com/Error-in-Inventory-Reports-from-trunk-build-%2B-PostgresSQL-8.3-ts15646237.html#a15656503
>>>
>>> Sorry to post this once again....¿any ideas why is this happening any way?

Re: Error in Inventory Items Detail Report (Again)

Oops, no you are right. My second attempt to WebStoreWarehouse failed (errors in log). I will have a look...

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>

> From: "Enrique Ruibal A." <[hidden email]>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just found this problem appears again when using Postgres 3.0, I thought we had got rid of it but today when I clicked on this
>> report at Jacques alternate demo server using Postgres it shows nothing.
>>
>> https://lamouline.myvnc.com:18443/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryItemsDetails
>
> I guess you mean Postgres 8.3, which facility did you use ? There is one cvvc (create by somebody) which is empty, 2 facilities
> demo are OK
>
> Jacques
>

>> however if you get the same report from demo.hotwaxmedia.com you see the results are there
>>
>> https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryItemsDetails
>>
>> How could this have happened? Pls check on the console log to see the error, as I couldn't attach a trace file to this message
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> -Enrique Ruibal
>>

>> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>> No problem at all with PostGres 8.3 (locally)
>>> r692770
>>>
>>> Jacques
>>>
>>> From: "Enrique Ruibal" <[hidden email]>

Re: Error in Inventory Items Detail Report (Again)

I updated to last revision (696976) and created a new Postgres 8.3 DB and there is clearly an error related to field
IID.QUANTITY_ON_HAND_DIFF

extract from the error msg
IID.QUANTITY_ON_HAND_DIFF <> ?) ORDER BY II.PRODUCT_ID ASC, II.INVENTORY_ITEM_ID ASC, IID.INVENTORY_ITEM_DETAIL_SEQ_ID DESC,
IID.EFFECTIVE_DATE DESC, II.QUANTITY_ON_HAND_TOTAL ASC
(ERREUR: l'op?rateur n'existe pas : double precision <> character varying)

"l'op?rateur n'existe pas" means "operator does not exist"

I will look further later and will open a Jira issue if unable to troubleshoot it quickly

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>

> Oops, no you are right. My second attempt to WebStoreWarehouse failed (errors in log). I will have a look...
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>
>> From: "Enrique Ruibal A." <[hidden email]>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I just found this problem appears again when using Postgres 3.0, I thought we had got rid of it but today when I clicked on this
>>> report at Jacques alternate demo server using Postgres it shows nothing.
>>>
>>> https://lamouline.myvnc.com:18443/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryItemsDetails
>>
>> I guess you mean Postgres 8.3, which facility did you use ? There is one cvvc (create by somebody) which is empty, 2 facilities
>> demo are OK
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>>> however if you get the same report from demo.hotwaxmedia.com you see the results are there
>>>
>>> https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/facility/control/ViewFacilityInventoryItemsDetails
>>>
>>> How could this have happened? Pls check on the console log to see the error, as I couldn't attach a trace file to this message
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> -Enrique Ruibal

Re: Error in Inventory Items Detail Report (Again)

Really weird, now I can't reproduce the error !!?

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>

>I updated to last revision (696976) and created a new Postgres 8.3 DB and there is clearly an error related to field
>IID.QUANTITY_ON_HAND_DIFF
>
> extract from the error msg
> IID.QUANTITY_ON_HAND_DIFF <> ?) ORDER BY II.PRODUCT_ID ASC, II.INVENTORY_ITEM_ID ASC, IID.INVENTORY_ITEM_DETAIL_SEQ_ID DESC,
> IID.EFFECTIVE_DATE DESC, II.QUANTITY_ON_HAND_TOTAL ASC
> (ERREUR: l'op?rateur n'existe pas : double precision <> character varying)
>
> "l'op?rateur n'existe pas" means "operator does not exist"
>
> I will look further later and will open a Jira issue if unable to troubleshoot it quickly
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>
>> Oops, no you are right. My second attempt to WebStoreWarehouse failed (errors in log). I will have a look...
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>
>>> From: "Enrique Ruibal A." <[hidden email]>

>>> I guess you mean Postgres 8.3, which facility did you use ? There is one cvvc (create by somebody) which is empty, 2 facilities
>>> demo are OK
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: Error in Inventory Items Detail Report (Again)

Enrique Ruibal
Hello Jacques

I just checked on your demo server, the error is still there just make sure u select WebStoreWarehouse and take a look at the log immediatly after that.

Regards,

-Enrique Ruibal

Re: Error in Inventory Items Detail Report (Again)

Yes, but I"m pretty sure it worked some times ago. Or maybe I used the HWM demo server and did not notice.
Anyway it's reproductible for sure

Jacques

From: "Enrique Ruibal" <[hidden email]>