FTL Data model

Ritesh Trivedi
Hi Guys,

Is FTL data model for Ofbiz published somewhere? In other words, where can I find "all the common variables" available to access in the FTL for ofbiz?

Re: FTL Data model

Adrian Crum
http://www.freemarker.org/index.html

Ritz123 wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Is FTL data model for Ofbiz published somewhere? In other words, where can I
> find "all the common variables" available to access in the FTL for ofbiz?

Re: FTL Data model

Ritesh Trivedi
Hi Adrian,

I know how to get to freemarker documentation :)

My question was - wanted to see if there was a list of functions/methods/sequences/hashes (in general data model) SPECIFIC to Ofbiz published somewhere. e.g. I see some ftls using requiredPermission, allowed, screens.render() etc. those are (I presume) ofbiz variables. Is there a list of those?

Adrian Crum wrote

Ritz123 wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Is FTL data model for Ofbiz published somewhere? In other words, where can I
> find "all the common variables" available to access in the FTL for ofbiz?

Re: FTL Data model

BJ Freeman
each ftl has a bsh file that is run before rendering the ftl

Ritz123 sent the following on 1/29/2008 5:07 PM:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> I know how to get to freemarker documentation :)
>
> My question was - wanted to see if there was a list of
> functions/methods/sequences/hashes (in general data model) SPECIFIC to Ofbiz
> published somewhere. e.g. I see some ftls using requiredPermission, allowed,
> screens.render() etc. those are (I presume) ofbiz variables. Is there a list
> of those?
>

> Adrian Crum wrote:
>> http://www.freemarker.org/index.html
>>
>> Ritz123 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> Is FTL data model for Ofbiz published somewhere? In other words, where
>>> can I
>>> find "all the common variables" available to access in the FTL for ofbiz?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Re: FTL Data model

FreeMarkerWorker.java

Jacques

From: "Ritz123" <[hidden email]>

> Hi Adrian,
>
> I know how to get to freemarker documentation :)
>
> My question was - wanted to see if there was a list of
> functions/methods/sequences/hashes (in general data model) SPECIFIC to Ofbiz
> published somewhere. e.g. I see some ftls using requiredPermission, allowed,
> screens.render() etc. those are (I presume) ofbiz variables. Is there a list
> of those?
>

> Adrian Crum wrote:
>>
>> http://www.freemarker.org/index.html
>>
>> Ritz123 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> Is FTL data model for Ofbiz published somewhere? In other words, where
>>> can I
>>> find "all the common variables" available to access in the FTL for ofbiz?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Re: FTL Data model

David E Jones

It's hard to understand small parts of the system like this, ie
without a more general understanding of the OFBiz framework.

There are various ways to call/render an FTL template and things in
the context can come from many places. The most common way is through
the Screen Widget, and in that case the context for the FTL template
is populate through actions in the screen (beanshell, services, simple
entity operations, simple-methods, etc).

To understand how these pieces fit together you should spend a couple
of hours reviewing this material:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Framework+Introduction+Videos+and+Diagrams

-David