Financial Reports - Income Statement

Christopher L

Is there an income statement report currently implemented in ofbiz?  I see a menu item buried in the accounting tab, but get an error when I click on the report.  To find the menu, follow these links:

Accounting -> Companies -> Account -> Income Statement

This is the error I get:

org.ofbiz.webapp.control.RequestHandlerException:
Unknown request [IncomeStatement]; this request does not exist or
cannot be called directly.

This also occurs when I click "Balance Sheet" in the same menu.

Thanks!

Chris

Re: Financial Reports - Income Statement

BJ Freeman
those are in the Finanical package from opentaps.

Christopher L sent the following on 11/19/2007 1:46 PM:

> Is there an income statement report currently implemented in ofbiz?  I see a menu item buried in the accounting tab, but get an error when I click on the report.  To find the menu, follow these links:
>
> Accounting -> Companies -> Account -> Income Statement
>
> This is the error I get:
>
> org.ofbiz.webapp.control.RequestHandlerException:
> Unknown request [IncomeStatement]; this request does not exist or
> cannot be called directly.
>
> This also occurs when I click "Balance Sheet" in the same menu.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris

Re: Financial Reports - Income Statement

David E Jones

... and being worked on right now in OFBiz itself.

-David

On Nov 19, 2007, at 2:56 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> those are in the Finanical package from opentaps.
>

> Christopher L sent the following on 11/19/2007 1:46 PM:
>> Is there an income statement report currently implemented in
>> ofbiz?  I see a menu item buried in the accounting tab, but get an
>> error when I click on the report.  To find the menu, follow these
>> links:
>>
>> Accounting -> Companies -> Account -> Income Statement
>>
>> This is the error I get:
>>
>> org.ofbiz.webapp.control.RequestHandlerException:
>> Unknown request [IncomeStatement]; this request does not exist or
>> cannot be called directly.
>>
>> This also occurs when I click "Balance Sheet" in the same menu.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Chris

Re: Financial Reports - Income Statement

BJ Freeman
Great !!!

David E Jones sent the following on 11/19/2007 2:02 PM:

> ... and being worked on right now in OFBiz itself.
>
> -David
>

> On Nov 19, 2007, at 2:56 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> those are in the Finanical package from opentaps.
>>

>> Christopher L sent the following on 11/19/2007 1:46 PM:
>>> Is there an income statement report currently implemented in ofbiz?
>>> I see a menu item buried in the accounting tab, but get an error when
>>> I click on the report.  To find the menu, follow these links:
>>>
>>> Accounting -> Companies -> Account -> Income Statement
>>>
>>> This is the error I get:
>>>
>>> org.ofbiz.webapp.control.RequestHandlerException:
>>> Unknown request [IncomeStatement]; this request does not exist or
>>> cannot be called directly.
>>>
>>> This also occurs when I click "Balance Sheet" in the same menu.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Chris

Re: Financial Reports - Income Statement

Scott.
This is great news David. When do you think they will be available?

BJ Freeman wrote
Great !!!

David E Jones sent the following on 11/19/2007 2:02 PM:

> ... and being worked on right now in OFBiz itself.
>
> -David
>

> On Nov 19, 2007, at 2:56 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> those are in the Finanical package from opentaps.
>>

>> Christopher L sent the following on 11/19/2007 1:46 PM:
>>> Is there an income statement report currently implemented in ofbiz?
>>> I see a menu item buried in the accounting tab, but get an error when
>>> I click on the report.  To find the menu, follow these links:
>>>
>>> Accounting -> Companies -> Account -> Income Statement
>>>
>>> This is the error I get:
>>>
>>> org.ofbiz.webapp.control.RequestHandlerException:
>>> Unknown request [IncomeStatement]; this request does not exist or
>>> cannot be called directly.
>>>
>>> This also occurs when I click "Balance Sheet" in the same menu.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Chris

Re: Financial Reports - Income Statement

David E Jones

That's why everyone keeps asking about this... clearchris just wrote
to me personally and I didn't notice it wasn't through the mailing
list. Here is my reply to him:

============================
I wish... As far as I know there is no funding anywhere for this so it
is being done as different people and teams contributing to OFBiz have
the free time.

There are lots of ways you could help. An these basic financial
statements are fairly straightforward, but also only a small part of
the reports people usually like to see. We could use a lot of help
with writing up specs for the reports based on the OFBiz data model.
If that's beyond what you're interested in we could really use your
help once the reports are written to test and review them.
============================

What fascinates me is how many people have replied about this on and
off list... and how nothing has happened for years on this because no
one has wanted to fund and contribute in this area (just a few
individuals working on it in free time). The notable semi-exception is
the OSS financials module, but I say semi-exception because that isn't
part of OFBiz and isn't the sort of foundation that a community can
gather around and build and maintain going forward.

In any case, there is no big news, no big change, it is as it has
always been: no end-user client sponsoring the effort, just
individuals working on it in their own free time. At Hotwax we have a
list of a number of these items we'd like to have our people working
on, but this is a VERY new situation so we don't know when we'll have
free people and how things will go when we do. We're attempting to
group resources so we can take on larger contracts and get OFBiz into
places it hasn't been before because of a lack of available service
providers of a certain category. In short, this is one of various
things on a list we have, and most of which I've mentioned in other
emails.

I hope that clears things up. I also hope the excitement I've seen
about this will translate into something productive...

-David

On Nov 20, 2007, at 1:57 PM, Scott. wrote:

> This is great news David. When do you think they will be available?
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>>
>> Great !!!
>>
>> David E Jones sent the following on 11/19/2007 2:02 PM:
>>>
>>> ... and being worked on right now in OFBiz itself.
>>>
>>> -David

Re: Financial Reports - Income Statement

Jim Barrows
David I'll commit, and get started this weekend.  I need these for my
company, because Quickbooks is being annoying with their licensing.

I have in fact been looking for documentation on where OFBiz is, plans
etc to improve the accounting module.  Where do I start?  (I'll be
joining the dev list before the day is out as well.)  Is everything in
trunk?  You mention needing specs?  What's the starting point?  What's
been done?  Where do I find all this out?

Let me summarize.. step one is what?

On Nov 20, 2007 2:41 PM, David E Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's why everyone keeps asking about this... clearchris just wrote
> to me personally and I didn't notice it wasn't through the mailing
> list. Here is my reply to him:
>
> ============================
> I wish... As far as I know there is no funding anywhere for this so it
> is being done as different people and teams contributing to OFBiz have
> the free time.
>
> There are lots of ways you could help. An these basic financial
> statements are fairly straightforward, but also only a small part of
> the reports people usually like to see. We could use a lot of help
> with writing up specs for the reports based on the OFBiz data model.
> If that's beyond what you're interested in we could really use your
> help once the reports are written to test and review them.
> ============================
>
> What fascinates me is how many people have replied about this on and
> off list... and how nothing has happened for years on this because no
> one has wanted to fund and contribute in this area (just a few
> individuals working on it in free time). The notable semi-exception is
> the OSS financials module, but I say semi-exception because that isn't
> part of OFBiz and isn't the sort of foundation that a community can
> gather around and build and maintain going forward.
>
> In any case, there is no big news, no big change, it is as it has
> always been: no end-user client sponsoring the effort, just
> individuals working on it in their own free time. At Hotwax we have a
> list of a number of these items we'd like to have our people working
> on, but this is a VERY new situation so we don't know when we'll have
> free people and how things will go when we do. We're attempting to
> group resources so we can take on larger contracts and get OFBiz into
> places it hasn't been before because of a lack of available service
> providers of a certain category. In short, this is one of various
> things on a list we have, and most of which I've mentioned in other
> emails.
>
> I hope that clears things up. I also hope the excitement I've seen
> about this will translate into something productive...
>
> -David
>

> On Nov 20, 2007, at 1:57 PM, Scott. wrote:
>

> > This is great news David. When do you think they will be available?
> >

> > BJ Freeman wrote:
> >>
> >> Great !!!
> >>
> >> David E Jones sent the following on 11/19/2007 2:02 PM:

James A Barrows

RE: Financial Reports - Income Statement

SkipDever
I'll eventually translate this from from old code I am porting, but it's
real low on the priority list.  Don't expect to get to it till the middle of
next year.  Writing the reports is the easy part.  The hard part is getting
the data into a transaction file and then into the GL.

Skip