Fwd: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 4 Release

Fwd: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 4 Release

Anil Patel
+1

Anil Patel

To: Ofbiz Developer Incubator <[hidden email]>
From: David E Jones <[hidden email]>
Subject: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 4 Release
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:39:35 -0600

Hello all! After a nice long delay we are finally getting going on
this again.

Now that the NOTICE and LICENSE files are [hopefully] complete, we
are ready for another Test Snapshot Release. Please vote on this
using the common Apache style, with a +1, 0, or -1. Once we have
approved another TS release we will submit it to the incubator in
general for a vote. We will keep this vote open for at least 2 days,
and hopefully get sufficient votes by the end of the week, and then
if all goes well submit it to the incubator at the beginning next week.

The details of this release can be found here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/wAE

Please note that these release files are on the server in my office
because people.apache.org has been having problems for a few days and
was evidently planned to be restored by this morning, but I guess
they ran into some delays.

-David

P.S. For convenience, here are links to the files:

http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz>
http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc>
http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5>

http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip>
http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc>
http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5>

Re: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 4 Release

Willing to do my duty this morning I was unable to load the files (server down). Will try later...

Jacques

> *David E Jones <[hidden email]>* wrote:
> Hello all! After a nice long delay we are finally getting going on
> this again.
>
> Now that the NOTICE and LICENSE files are [hopefully] complete, we
> are ready for another Test Snapshot Release. Please vote on this
> using the common Apache style, with a +1, 0, or -1. Once we have
> approved another TS release we will submit it to the incubator in
> general for a vote. We will keep this vote open for at least 2 days,
> and hopefully get sufficient votes by the end of the week, and then
> if all goes well submit it to the incubator at the beginning next week.
>
> The details of this release can be found here:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/wAE
>
> Please note that these release files are on the server in my office
> because people.apache.org has been having problems for a few days and
> was evidently planned to be restored by this morning, but I guess
> they ran into some delays.
>
> -David
>
> P.S. For convenience, here are links to the files:

http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz>

http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc>

http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5>

http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip>

http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc>

http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5>

Re: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 4 Release

David E Jones-2

Yes, this server is down now. I hope to get it up by later today. I
started a "simple" upgrade yesterday in the evening to add some hard
disks, and found out what I piece of junk I was dealing with... so
the rebuild of the box now goes on...

-David

On Oct 28, 2006, at 1:56 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Willing to do my duty this morning I was unable to load the files
> (server down). Will try later...
>
> Jacques
>
>> *David E Jones <[hidden email]>* wrote:
>> Hello all! After a nice long delay we are finally getting going on
>> this again.
>>
>> Now that the NOTICE and LICENSE files are [hopefully] complete, we
>> are ready for another Test Snapshot Release. Please vote on this
>> using the common Apache style, with a +1, 0, or -1. Once we have
>> approved another TS release we will submit it to the incubator in
>> general for a vote. We will keep this vote open for at least 2 days,
>> and hopefully get sufficient votes by the end of the week, and then
>> if all goes well submit it to the incubator at the beginning next
>> week.
>>
>> The details of this release can be found here:
>>
>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/wAE
>>
>> Please note that these release files are on the server in my office
>> because people.apache.org has been having problems for a few days and
>> was evidently planned to be restored by this morning, but I guess
>> they ran into some delays.
>>
>> -David
>>
>> P.S. For convenience, here are links to the files:
>>

> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz>
>>
> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc>
>>
> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5>
>>

> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip>
>>
> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc>
>>
> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5>

Re: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 4 Release

I know that kind of problem. Recenly I had a hard time moving partitions with Ubuntu/GParted on a dual boot with XPsp2. Sometimes,
view from Linux, Windows looks like a toy : can't boot if a partition number in boot.ini is wrong. I tried to use their "Recovery
mode" (can't remember how they call this piece of sh.. which have even not a text editor - no more edit.exe and even edlin.exe).
But, with the other Linux partitions, after having waiting "quelques instants" (SIC) ie hours... it ends with not enough memory
(1GB!). I had to use the wonderful ntfs-3g (http://wiki.linux-ntfs.org/doku.php?id=ntfs-3g :o)

I believe a zen attitude in such case is required...

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

> Yes, this server is down now. I hope to get it up by later today. I
> started a "simple" upgrade yesterday in the evening to add some hard
> disks, and found out what I piece of junk I was dealing with... so
> the rebuild of the box now goes on...
>
> -David
>

> On Oct 28, 2006, at 1:56 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Willing to do my duty this morning I was unable to load the files
> > (server down). Will try later...
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> >> *David E Jones <[hidden email]>* wrote:
> >> Hello all! After a nice long delay we are finally getting going on
> >> this again.
> >>
> >> Now that the NOTICE and LICENSE files are [hopefully] complete, we
> >> are ready for another Test Snapshot Release. Please vote on this
> >> using the common Apache style, with a +1, 0, or -1. Once we have
> >> approved another TS release we will submit it to the incubator in
> >> general for a vote. We will keep this vote open for at least 2 days,
> >> and hopefully get sufficient votes by the end of the week, and then
> >> if all goes well submit it to the incubator at the beginning next
> >> week.
> >>
> >> The details of this release can be found here:
> >>
> >> http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/wAE
> >>
> >> Please note that these release files are on the server in my office
> >> because people.apache.org has been having problems for a few days and
> >> was evidently planned to be restored by this morning, but I guess
> >> they ran into some delays.
> >>
> >> -David
> >>
> >> P.S. For convenience, here are links to the files:
> >>

> > http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> > incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> > ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz>
> >>
> > http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> > incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> > ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc>
> >>
> > http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> > incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> > ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5>
> >>

> > http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> > incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> > ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip>
> >>
> > http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> > incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> > ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc>
> >>
> > http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> > incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> > ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5>

Re: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 4 Release

David E Jones-2

Related to this server problem, which has managed to kill a full day
without success (I really hate crappy hardware, but it always seems
like the next little tweak might just get things working).

Anyway, I've managed to lose my copies of the release because I only
had a copy on that box. So, if someone (preferably in the committer
group) has a copy they could put somewhere that I could download and
then I can put on the people.apache.org server, where it should have
(would have if it was up) been in the first place.

I can build a new test snapshot pretty quickly, but then we'd have to
vote on it again. Of course, if people are worried about certain
issues, like the bsf annoyances, and such, maybe we should do that
anyway.

It's been a bad week(end)....

-David

On Oct 28, 2006, at 1:56 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Willing to do my duty this morning I was unable to load the files
> (server down). Will try later...
>
> Jacques
>
>> *David E Jones <[hidden email]>* wrote:
>> Hello all! After a nice long delay we are finally getting going on
>> this again.
>>
>> Now that the NOTICE and LICENSE files are [hopefully] complete, we
>> are ready for another Test Snapshot Release. Please vote on this
>> using the common Apache style, with a +1, 0, or -1. Once we have
>> approved another TS release we will submit it to the incubator in
>> general for a vote. We will keep this vote open for at least 2 days,
>> and hopefully get sufficient votes by the end of the week, and then
>> if all goes well submit it to the incubator at the beginning next
>> week.
>>
>> The details of this release can be found here:
>>
>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/wAE
>>
>> Please note that these release files are on the server in my office
>> because people.apache.org has been having problems for a few days and
>> was evidently planned to be restored by this morning, but I guess
>> they ran into some delays.
>>
>> -David
>>
>> P.S. For convenience, here are links to the files:
>>

> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz>
>>
> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc>
>>
> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5>
>>

> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip>
>>
> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc>
>>
> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5>

Re: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 4 Release

Jacopo Cappellato
David,

no problem, I have it and I'll copy it to the people server immediately.
Then I'll contact you privately for the details (if needed)

Jacopo

David E Jones wrote:

> [...]
>>

>> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc>
>>

>> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5>
>>

>> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip>
>>

>> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc>
>>

>> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5>

Re: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 4 Release

Hi David,

As I did not dowload the release I don't know if there is bsf annoyances in it. As you may have seen it's JPublish related
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-401#action_12445373).
May be an option here is to update JPublish with last bsf.jar from Apache and include all that in the (next?) release. What do you
think ?

Jacques

> [...]
> > ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz>
> >>
> > http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> > incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> > ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc>
> >>
> > http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> > incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> > ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5>
> >>

> > http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> > incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> > ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip>
> >>
> > http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> > incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> > ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc>
> >>
> > http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
> > incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
> > ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5>

Re: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 4 Release

Jacques,

I'd prefer to go on with the vote since this is a test of a release
process and not a real release.

Jacopo

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> As I did not dowload the release I don't know if there is bsf annoyances in it. As you may have seen it's JPublish related
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-401#action_12445373).
> May be an option here is to update JPublish with last bsf.jar from Apache and include all that in the (next?) release. What do you
> think ?
>
> Jacques
>
>> Related to this server problem, which has managed to kill a full day
>> without success (I really hate crappy hardware, but it always seems
>> like the next little tweak might just get things working).
>>
>> Anyway, I've managed to lose my copies of the release because I only
>> had a copy on that box. So, if someone (preferably in the committer
>> group) has a copy they could put somewhere that I could download and
>> then I can put on the people.apache.org server, where it should have
>> (would have if it was up) been in the first place.
>>
>> I can build a new test snapshot pretty quickly, but then we'd have to
>> vote on it again. Of course, if people are worried about certain
>> issues, like the bsf annoyances, and such, maybe we should do that
>> anyway.
>>
>> It's been a bad week(end)....
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Oct 28, 2006, at 1:56 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Willing to do my duty this morning I was unable to load the files
>>> (server down). Will try later...
>>>
>>> Jacques

>>> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
>>> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
>>> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz>
>>> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
>>> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
>>> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.asc>
>>> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
>>> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
>>> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.tgz.md5>
>>>>
>>> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
>>> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
>>> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip>
>>> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
>>> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
>>> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.asc>
>>> http://demo.dejc.com/~jonesde/apache-ofbiz-
>>> incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5<http://demo.dejc.com/%7Ejonesde/apache-
>>> ofbiz-incubating-4.0.0.TS4.zip.md5>

Re: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 4 Release

Next release, yes great : this is a very trivial point.

Jacques

> Jacques,
>
> I'd prefer to go on with the vote since this is a test of a release
> process and not a real release.
>
> Jacopo
>

> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> > Hi David,
> >
> > As I did not dowload the release I don't know if there is bsf annoyances in it. As you may have seen it's JPublish related
> > (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-401#action_12445373).
> > May be an option here is to update JPublish with last bsf.jar from Apache and include all that in the (next?) release. What do
you

> > think ?
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> >> Related to this server problem, which has managed to kill a full day
> >> without success (I really hate crappy hardware, but it always seems
> >> like the next little tweak might just get things working).
> >>
> >> Anyway, I've managed to lose my copies of the release because I only
> >> had a copy on that box. So, if someone (preferably in the committer
> >> group) has a copy they could put somewhere that I could download and
> >> then I can put on the people.apache.org server, where it should have
> >> (would have if it was up) been in the first place.
> >>
> >> I can build a new test snapshot pretty quickly, but then we'd have to
> >> vote on it again. Of course, if people are worried about certain
> >> issues, like the bsf annoyances, and such, maybe we should do that
> >> anyway.
> >>
> >> It's been a bad week(end)....
> >>
> >> -David

Re: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 4 Release

David E Jones-2

Jacopo, All,

That archive is helpful, but with it I would have to rebuild the
archives, the md5 and asc files... and those are a big part of what
we're testing with this whole thing. Would the old votes still be
valid with new artifacts?

I think it's a little bit risky, so I'm thinking of just creating a
new test snapshot brining us to TS5.

Any thoughts anyone?

-David

On Oct 29, 2006, at 12:26 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Jacques,
>
> I'd prefer to go on with the vote since this is a test of a release
> process and not a real release.
>
> Jacopo
>

> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> Hi David,
>> As I did not dowload the release I don't know if there is bsf
>> annoyances in it. As you may have seen it's JPublish related
>> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-401#action_12445373).
>> May be an option here is to update JPublish with last bsf.jar from
>> Apache and include all that in the (next?) release. What do you
>> think ?
>> Jacques
>>> Related to this server problem, which has managed to kill a full day
>>> without success (I really hate crappy hardware, but it always seems
>>> like the next little tweak might just get things working).
>>>
>>> Anyway, I've managed to lose my copies of the release because I only
>>> had a copy on that box. So, if someone (preferably in the committer
>>> group) has a copy they could put somewhere that I could download and
>>> then I can put on the people.apache.org server, where it should have
>>> (would have if it was up) been in the first place.
>>>
>>> I can build a new test snapshot pretty quickly, but then we'd
>>> have to
>>> vote on it again. Of course, if people are worried about certain
>>> issues, like the bsf annoyances, and such, maybe we should do that
>>> anyway.
>>>
>>> It's been a bad week(end)....
>>>
>>> -David

Re: [VOTE] Apache OFBiz Incubating Test Snapshot 4 Release

Tim Ruppert
My vote would definitely be just to create a new test snapshot and
estart the vote.  It doesn't take that much time to go thru the process
again - and truthfully, we'll probably have to do it again anyways.

Go for it - and good luck on the continued box rebuild.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Ruppert