Happy hour promotions

Bilgin Ibryam
Hi all,

I just created new happy hour promotion condition, you can check it here
OFBIZ-1756.

It works this way:
First you have to create a TechDataCalendarWeek. There you can specify
for every day of the week a different time range for the happy hours
(mondayStartTime="16:00:00" mondayCapacity="7200000"
tuesdayStartTime...) .
Then during promotion creation you have to choose "Happy hour"
condition, equal to  TechDataCalendarWeek Id.

Also I created a demo promotion and assigned it to the POS store.
I think this promotion could be useful at POS store(for example pizza
restaurant), and also there is no client time zone.

Any opinions?

1) What about a new promotion condition based on day of week (Weekend
promotions)?
2) What about a new price rule condition similar to happy hour promotion
condition (using TechDataCalendarWeek)?
3) What about a new price rule condition based on day of week (Weekend
prices)?

Can I commit OFBIZ-1756, 1), 2), 3) to trunk?

Thansk,
Bilgin

Re: Happy hour promotions

Hi Bilgin,

Did not test your patch yet (only cursorily reviewed), but it sounds like a good idea and well done.

> Hi all,
>
> I just created new happy hour promotion condition, you can check it here
> OFBIZ-1756.
>
> It works this way:
> First you have to create a TechDataCalendarWeek. There you can specify
> for every day of the week a different time range for the happy hours
> (mondayStartTime="16:00:00" mondayCapacity="7200000"
> tuesdayStartTime...) .
> Then during promotion creation you have to choose "Happy hour"
> condition, equal to  TechDataCalendarWeek Id.
>
> Also I created a demo promotion and assigned it to the POS store.
> I think this promotion could be useful at POS store(for example pizza
> restaurant), and also there is no client time zone.
>
> Any opinions?
>
> 1) What about a new promotion condition based on day of week (Weekend
> promotions)?

+1

> 2) What about a new price rule condition similar to happy hour promotion
> condition (using TechDataCalendarWeek)?

+1

> 3) What about a new price rule condition based on day of week (Weekend
> prices)?

+ 1

> Can I commit OFBIZ-1756, 1), 2), 3) to trunk?

+1

Why not extend to more intervals (like week(s), month(s) for instance) ?

Jacques

> Thansk,
> Bilgin

Re: Happy hour promotions

David E Jones

One thing to consider is that the TechDataCalendarWeek entity may
eventually be deprecated in favour of using the WorkEffort (with
workEffortTypeId="AVAILABLE") and Recurrence* entities.

-David

On Apr 23, 2008, at 4:26 AM, Bilgin Ibryam wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just created new happy hour promotion condition, you can check it
> here
> OFBIZ-1756.
>
> It works this way:
> First you have to create a TechDataCalendarWeek. There you can specify
> for every day of the week a different time range for the happy hours
> (mondayStartTime="16:00:00" mondayCapacity="7200000"
> tuesdayStartTime...) .
> Then during promotion creation you have to choose "Happy hour"
> condition, equal to  TechDataCalendarWeek Id.
>
> Also I created a demo promotion and assigned it to the POS store.
> I think this promotion could be useful at POS store(for example pizza
> restaurant), and also there is no client time zone.
>
> Any opinions?
>
> 1) What about a new promotion condition based on day of week (Weekend
> promotions)?
> 2) What about a new price rule condition similar to happy hour
> promotion
> condition (using TechDataCalendarWeek)?
> 3) What about a new price rule condition based on day of week (Weekend
> prices)?
>
> Can I commit OFBIZ-1756, 1), 2), 3) to trunk?
>
> Thansk,
> Bilgin

Re: Happy hour promotions

Bilgin Ibryam
Thanks for answering everyone.

David, thanks for the advice.
I checked the entities you mentioned WorkEffort, RecurrenceInfo, and
RecurrenceRule, but cannot figure it our how to achieve the same
functionality.

It is possible to store the promotion hours in WorkEffort entity
(actualStartDate - actualCompletionDate), and assign a recurrenceInfoId
to it. Then the hours could be active for example every day, or every
7th day (like every Sunday), but how can I choose only the weekdays, or
how to set up different time range for every day of the week?

I think this will be needed also by manufacturing application(when
deprecating TechDataCalendarWeek), which is the only one place where
TechDataCalendarWeek entity is used.

Can someone answer to this question:
Looking at RecurrenceInfo and RecurrenceRule entities I got confused.
RecurrenceInfo entity has exceptionRuleId, recurrenceRuleId fields, so
it can have ONLY ONE recurrenceRule and ONLY ONE exception
recurrenceRule.

But in RecurrenceInfo.java there are lists for storing exceptionRules
and recurrenceRules:

        // Get the recurrence rules objects
            rRulesList = new ArrayList<RecurrenceRule>();
            for (GenericValue value: info.getRelated("RecurrenceRule")){
                rRulesList.add(new RecurrenceRule(value));
            }

        // Get the exception rules objects
            eRulesList = new ArrayList<RecurrenceRule>();
            for (GenericValue value:
info.getRelated("ExceptionRecurrenceRule")){
                eRulesList.add(new RecurrenceRule(value));
            }

Is it possible one RecurrenceInfo to have many RecurrenceRules and many
exception RecurrenceRules? May be something is wrong with the entity
definitions?

Thanks,
Bilgin

Is there any OFBiz component on OpenSign?

Shi Yusen
Hi list,

Just in case someone may have developed an OFBiz-OpenSign component but
I don't know, is there any OFBiz component on opensign?

TIA,

Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.

Re: Happy hour promotions

Bilgin Ibryam
I can't achieve the same functionality using Recurrence* entities.
If there is no one against OFBIZ-1756 (using TechDataCalendarWeek entity) and point 1), 2), 3), I will commit them soon.

Bilgin

Re: Happy hour promotions

David E Jones

The design intent going forward is still to deprecate the
TechDataCalendarWeek entity and make sure that the Recurrence*
entities can handle those sorts of time period definitions.

Sooner or later someone needs to go through and figure that out,
extending the entity and the generic methods that work with it.

If you don't want to dive into that now it's fine, but I just mention
it so there is a little more public awareness of this redundancy in
the data model and the hope to have a stronger generic base to work
from in the future.

-David

On Apr 29, 2008, at 2:21 AM, Bilgin Ibryam wrote:

> I can't achieve the same functionality using Recurrence* entities.
> If there is no one against OFBIZ-1756 (using TechDataCalendarWeek
> entity)
> and point 1), 2), 3), I will commit them soon.
>
> Bilgin

Re: Happy hour promotions

Please Bilgin,

Could you note David's remarks in the Jira issue ?

TIA

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

> The design intent going forward is still to deprecate the
> TechDataCalendarWeek entity and make sure that the Recurrence*
> entities can handle those sorts of time period definitions.
>
> Sooner or later someone needs to go through and figure that out,
> extending the entity and the generic methods that work with it.
>
> If you don't want to dive into that now it's fine, but I just mention
> it so there is a little more public awareness of this redundancy in
> the data model and the hope to have a stronger generic base to work
> from in the future.
>
> -David
>

> On Apr 29, 2008, at 2:21 AM, Bilgin Ibryam wrote:
>>
>> I can't achieve the same functionality using Recurrence* entities.
>> If there is no one against OFBIZ-1756 (using TechDataCalendarWeek
>> entity)
>> and point 1), 2), 3), I will commit them soon.
>>
>> Bilgin

Re: Happy hour promotions

Bilgin Ibryam
David, Jacques,

Then I will not commit it and I'll give a try to Recurrence* entities when I got more time.

Thanks again for the comments.

Re: Happy hour promotions

If you prefer but that could be interesting to have it already. Of course if this means much more work forget it.

Anyway the SVN server is still down following the Eris RAID Crash

Jacques

From: "Bilgin Ibryam" <[hidden email]>