How about fieldtypevisualfoxpro in OFBiz

How about fieldtypevisualfoxpro in OFBiz

Nattanicha R.
Dear all,

    Last 3 months, I just finished my thesis, which I used OFbiz to be my
framework. My work is about connect Visual Foxpro with OFBiz. I already done
fieldtypevisualfoxpro.xml that can be worked with locking machanism that are
provided on OFBiz. Can I commit it to SVN? How can I do it? Actually, for
using my fieldtypevisualfoxpro.xml to work with lock machanism, I must
modify variables in ModelEntity.java because foxpro cannot use field name
that is longer than 8 characters. I need to have some suggestion for this
issue. If anyone never done it, I think it's very valuable for people who
need to use foxpro with OFBiz.

Thank you very much,
Natty

Master of Science (Software Engineering)
Shool of Engineering and Technology
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4, Klongluang, Pathumthani

Re: How about fieldtypevisualfoxpro in OFBiz

Bruno Busco
Nattanicha,
just create a jira issue here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ
and attach a patch.

BTW how did you finally connect to the DB ? Did you use the ODBC driver or
the direct VFP jdbc driver?
-Bruno

2008/9/1 Nattanicha R. <[hidden email]>

> Dear all,
>
>    Last 3 months, I just finished my thesis, which I used OFbiz to be my
> framework. My work is about connect Visual Foxpro with OFBiz. I already
> done
> fieldtypevisualfoxpro.xml that can be worked with locking machanism that
> are
> provided on OFBiz. Can I commit it to SVN? How can I do it? Actually, for
> using my fieldtypevisualfoxpro.xml to work with lock machanism, I must
> modify variables in ModelEntity.java because foxpro cannot use field name
> that is longer than 8 characters. I need to have some suggestion for this
> issue. If anyone never done it, I think it's very valuable for people who
> need to use foxpro with OFBiz.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Natty

> Master of Science (Software Engineering)
> Shool of Engineering and Technology
> Asian Institute of Technology
> P.O. Box 4, Klongluang, Pathumthani

Re: How about fieldtypevisualfoxpro in OFBiz

Nattanicha R.
Hi, Bruno,

  I just change my email for subscribing. So, I don't have any new email
from OFbiz for a long time. Sorry if you talked with me something but I
don't respond you. What I have done is in JDBC ODBC bridge because I cannot
find the free one for DBF jdbc. Can you find the free JDBC for DBF? If you
found, please tell me and then I will test it.

Best
Natty.

--
-----------------^^"Nong Kae^^"-----------------
ณัฏฐณิชา ฤทธิ์ธรรมนาถ
Master of Science (Software Engineering)
Shool of Engineering and Technology
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4, Klongluang, Pathumthani

Re: How about fieldtypevisualfoxpro in OFBiz

the problem with only 8 characters is the keys used.
all the entities would have to be changed. default max is 30 characters.
      <field name="customTimePeriodId" type="id"></field>
or
      <relation type="one" fk-name="BUDGET_BGTTYP"
rel-entity-name="BudgetType">
        <key-map field-name="budgetTypeId"/>
      </relation>
Not sure this will work.
Good luck.

Nattanicha R. sent the following on 8/31/2008 8:48 PM:

> Dear all,
>
>     Last 3 months, I just finished my thesis, which I used OFbiz to be my
> framework. My work is about connect Visual Foxpro with OFBiz. I already done
> fieldtypevisualfoxpro.xml that can be worked with locking machanism that are
> provided on OFBiz. Can I commit it to SVN? How can I do it? Actually, for
> using my fieldtypevisualfoxpro.xml to work with lock machanism, I must
> modify variables in ModelEntity.java because foxpro cannot use field name
> that is longer than 8 characters. I need to have some suggestion for this
> issue. If anyone never done it, I think it's very valuable for people who
> need to use foxpro with OFBiz.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Natty

> Master of Science (Software Engineering)
> Shool of Engineering and Technology
> Asian Institute of Technology
> P.O. Box 4, Klongluang, Pathumthani

Re: How about fieldtypevisualfoxpro in OFBiz

Nattanicha R.
Hi, Bruno,
   I already created issue in jira
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1941. I also refered to you that
you are one of member who work in this issue. If you have comments, please
try. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Nattanicha (Natty)

--
-----------------^^"Nong Kae^^"-----------------
ณัฏฐณิชา ฤทธิ์ธรรมนาถ
Nattanicha Rittammanart (Programmer)
Haadthip Public Company Limited
Haadyai, Songkhla
Master of Science (Software Engineering)
Shool of Engineering and Technology
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4, Klongluang, Pathumthani

Re: How about fieldtypevisualfoxpro in OFBiz

Bruno Busco
Nattanicha,
I finally used a simple XML export from VFP and import in OFBiz (this was
what I needed).
I could not use the JDBC-ODBC because in my applicatio OFBiz runs on a Linux
machine and VFP runs on a Windows machine.
I could not find a way to access a samba shared ODBC resource on Linux.
-Bruno

2008/9/1 Nattanicha R. <[hidden email]>

> Hi, Bruno,
>   I already created issue in jira
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1941. I also refered to you
> that
> you are one of member who work in this issue. If you have comments, please
> try. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
>
> Nattanicha (Natty)
>
> 2008/9/1 Bruno Busco <[hidden email]>
>
> > Nattanicha,
> > just create a jira issue here
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ
> > and attach a patch.
> >
> > BTW how did you finally connect to the DB ? Did you use the ODBC driver
> or
> > the direct VFP jdbc driver?
> > -Bruno
> >
> > 2008/9/1 Nattanicha R. <[hidden email]>
> >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > >    Last 3 months, I just finished my thesis, which I used OFbiz to be
> my
> > > framework. My work is about connect Visual Foxpro with OFBiz. I already
> > > done
> > > fieldtypevisualfoxpro.xml that can be worked with locking machanism
> that
> > > are
> > > provided on OFBiz. Can I commit it to SVN? How can I do it? Actually,
> for
> > > using my fieldtypevisualfoxpro.xml to work with lock machanism, I must
> > > modify variables in ModelEntity.java because foxpro cannot use field
> name
> > > that is longer than 8 characters. I need to have some suggestion for
> this
> > > issue. If anyone never done it, I think it's very valuable for people
> who
> > > need to use foxpro with OFBiz.
> > >
> > > Thank you very much,
> > > Natty

> > > Master of Science (Software Engineering)
> > > Shool of Engineering and Technology
> > > Asian Institute of Technology
> > > P.O. Box 4, Klongluang, Pathumthani
> > > [hidden email]
> > > [hidden email]
> > >

> --
> -----------------^^"Nong Kae^^"-----------------
> ณัฏฐณิชา ฤทธิ์ธรรมนาถ
> Nattanicha Rittammanart (Programmer)
> Haadthip Public Company Limited
> Haadyai, Songkhla
> Master of Science (Software Engineering)
> Shool of Engineering and Technology
> Asian Institute of Technology
> P.O. Box 4, Klongluang, Pathumthani

Re: How about fieldtypevisualfoxpro in OFBiz

Adrian Crum-2
I have OFBiz sharing data with Visual Foxpro by using a database that reads Visual Foxpro tables - http://advantagedatabaseserver.com.

Running OFBiz itself on Visual Foxpro itself has no benefit. As you have discovered already, Visual Foxpro has limitations that would require re-writing OFBiz code.

-Adrian

>     Last 3 months, I just finished my thesis, which I used
> OFbiz to be my
> framework. My work is about connect Visual Foxpro with
> OFBiz. I already done
> fieldtypevisualfoxpro.xml that can be worked with locking
> machanism that are
> provided on OFBiz. Can I commit it to SVN? How can I do it?
> Actually, for
> using my fieldtypevisualfoxpro.xml to work with lock
> machanism, I must
> modify variables in ModelEntity.java because foxpro cannot
> use field name
> that is longer than 8 characters. I need to have some
> suggestion for this
> issue. If anyone never done it, I think it's very
> valuable for people who
> need to use foxpro with OFBiz.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Natty

> Master of Science (Software Engineering)
> Shool of Engineering and Technology
> Asian Institute of Technology
> P.O. Box 4, Klongluang, Pathumthani

Re: How about fieldtypevisualfoxpro in OFBiz

Nattanicha R.
Hi Bruno,
   I'm interest in the way that you export VFP to XML format. Does it
automatically export? or you need to do it manually. How about your approach
to do this (or if you have source code). Please share it for me.
   So, it means that the way that you do, you cannot use locking machanism
in OFBiz? or you change variable names?

Nattanicha

เมื่อ กันยายน 1, 2008 5:28 หลังเที่ยง, Bruno Busco
<[hidden email]>เขียนว่า:

--
-----------------^^"Nong Kae^^"-----------------
ณัฏฐณิชา ฤทธิ์ธรรมนาถ
Nattanicha Rittammanart (Programmer)
Haadthip Public Company Limited
Haadyai, Songkhla
Master of Science (Software Engineering)
Shool of Engineering and Technology
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4, Klongluang, Pathumthani

Re: How about fieldtypevisualfoxpro in OFBiz

Bruno Busco
Nannanicha,
I finally wrote a (python) script that runs on the windows machine where the
VPF database tables are. The script access the database through a ODBC DSN
resource (defined in the windows machine).
The python script looks like the following:
-----------------------
import odbc

def cleanfield(s):
    ss = str(s)
    ss = ss.strip()
    ss = ss.replace("&","&amp;")
    ss = ss.replace('"',"&quot;")
    ss = ss.replace('<',"&lt;")
    ss = ss.replace('>',"&gt;")
    return(ss)

try:
    s = odbc.odbc('MyODBCDNS')
    cur = s.cursor()
    cur.execute("select field_1,field_2, field_3 from MyTABLE")
    rec = cur.fetchall()
except:
    print 'error reading ODBC'

try:
    file = open("MyExportFileName.xml", "w")

    file.write('<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>'+'\n')
    file.write('<entity-engine-xml>'+'\n')

    for i in rec:
        file.write('<MyEntityName ')
        file.write('field_1="'+cleanfield(i[0])+'" ')
        file.write('field_2="'+cleanfield(i[1])+'" ')
        file.write('field_3="'+cleanfield(i[2])+'" ')
        file.write('/>\n')

    file.write('</entity-engine-xml>'+'\n')
    file.close()
except:
    print 'error writing'

Since it seems that VFP is not suitable to be an OFBiz hosting database may
be we could think to put your fieldtypefoxpro and all related information on
how to connect to a legacy VFP database in a HOW-TO page in Confluence.
WDYT?

-Bruno