How to calculate inventory of stock move.

How to calculate inventory of stock move.

Sapphire R&D_Thailand
Hi !!

How to calculate inventory of stock move and explain relation between Inventory_item Table , Inventory_item_details Table , inventory_transfer Table and etc. ?

Thank you.
Sapphire

Re: How to calculate inventory of stock move.

Paul Foxworthy
Hi,

InventoryItem is the item in stock within a facility, so it has
relationships to the product, expiry dates, and so on.

InventoryItemDetail is a history of the changes to the item as stock
arrives and leaves. OFBiz does not directly modify the quantity on hand for
an Inventory Item. Rather, there's a service to create a new Inventory Item
Detail which also modifies the QOH. This is much like a bank account - you
don't directly modify the balance, rather there are deposits and
withdrawals which keep a history of every change to the balance.

I often think InventoryItemDetail is badly named, and perhaps should be
InventoryItemHistory, or some other word to do with changes or transactions.

InventoryTransfer records when you move stock between facilities. If you
receive goods into a facility and despatch them to fill orders or as an
input to a manufacturing process, there will be no InventoryTransfer
records at all. OFBiz only needs an InventoryTransfer when you adjust stock
levels by moving them between facilities. Note that the InventoryTransfer
entity has attributes for two facilities. So if there is an
InventoryTransfer, there will also be InventoryItemDetail records for the
two facilities involved.

You shouldn't need to calculate the inventory levels for a stock move at
all. You'd call the right service and tell OFBiz the inventory item and the
quantity.  Have a look at /facility/control/TransferInventoryItem and the
createInventoryTransfer service.

Please ask questions like this on the ofbiz users mailing list
[hidden email], see https://ofbiz.apache.org/mailing-lists.html for
details.

Hope that helps.

Paul Foxworthy

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Phone: +61 3 9585 6788
Web: http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/
Email: [hidden email]
--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/