How to make inventory reservation?

Mugunth Subramanian
Hi All,
I am using ofbiz 4.0 release branch. I have created a sales order for an
item. We have that item in sufficient quantity in the warehouse/location.

After approving the sales order, when I tried to pack the item for the
order, I get the following error:

The Following Errors Occurred:

No inventory reservations available; cannot pack this item! [101]

I could not find a way to make reservation for this item. Can you please
explain me how to create item reservation in ofbiz.

Regards,
Mugunth

Re: How to make inventory reservation?

Bilgin Ibryam
Mugunth,

can you tell me which item (productId) it was?

Bilgin

Re: How to make inventory reservation?

Mugunth Subramanian
Hi  Bilgin,
We created our own products for testing ofbiz application (the items we
created are basically books defined as finished goods).
Product ID we gave is: 101-003
Inventory Item id: *10042*
This inventory we got by making a purchase from demo suppliers(by
creating a purchase order).

Since the data is created by us, the above info may not be helpful :(

Is there any specific settings that need to be done in the
stores/product for this ?
I have already given the following options in the stores configuration:
(
https://localhost:8443/catalog/control/EditProductStore?productStoreId=9100)
 Reserve inventory: Yes
 Require Inventory: Yes

Also point me to some documentation on inventory reservations in ofbiz
if any in the net.

Regards,
Mugunth

Bilgin Ibryam wrote:
> Mugunth,
>
> can you tell me which item (productId) it was?
>
> Bilgin

Re: How to make inventory reservation?

Bilgin Ibryam

Mugunth,

since it is your own data, it will be difficult to find out the reason.
One thing i guess is that if your store has "Is Immediately Fulfilled
flag" = YES, then the items are not reserved, and then cannot be
shipped...

Bilgin

Re: How to make inventory reservation?

Mugunth Subramanian
Hi Bilgin,
Yes my store was set with "Is immediately Fulfilled" flag as "Yes"
After making it to "No", I am able to see my items reserved and am able
to pick/ship the sales order.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Mugunth