How to search in Contents

Bruno Busco
Hi,
I was looking for a search in content functionality in the ecommerce
application but I can only find a search in products.
Is there a way to add a search textbox where the user can search on all the
contents pages?

Thank you,
-Bruno

Re: How to search in Contents

Bruno,

Patrick Antivackis has just written a good answer to your question in dev ML.

Jacques

From: "Bruno Busco" <[hidden email]>
> Hi,
> I was looking for a search in content functionality in the ecommerce
> application but I can only find a search in products.
> Is there a way to add a search textbox where the user can search on all the
> contents pages?
>
> Thank you,
> -Bruno

Re: How to search in Contents

Bruno Busco
Jacques,
I have read his post but there is no answer to may question only an
information that for prouct search an indexed database is used.
I am looking for a UI where I can enter a string that I want to look for in
the CMS pages to get a list of pages that contains the keyword with links.
(Standard CMS search)
I only have found a product search where I can enter a string and a list of
products that have the string in description are listed.

-Bruno

2008/9/13 Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>

> Bruno,
>
> Patrick Antivackis has just written a good answer to your question in dev
> ML.
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Bruno Busco" <[hidden email]>
>
>  Hi,
>> I was looking for a search in content functionality in the ecommerce
>> application but I can only find a search in products.
>> Is there a way to add a search textbox where the user can search on all
>> the
>> contents pages?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> -Bruno

Re: How to search in Contents

Bruno,

From: "Bruno Busco" <[hidden email]>
> Jacques,
> I have read his post but there is no answer to may question only an
> information that for prouct search an indexed database is used.
> I am looking for a UI where I can enter a string that I want to look for in
> the CMS pages to get a list of pages that contains the keyword with links.
> (Standard CMS search)
> I only have found a product search where I can enter a string and a list of
> products that have the string in description are listed.

Yes this is what Patrick said too, quoting
<<Now if need also to index files that are associated with product
and may be (but i don't know if exist already as i never looked) if need to
index CMS and files uploaded through CMS, a solution based on a real search
engine should be far more superior>>

AFAIK there is nothing yet (at least in term of UI) to do what you want.

Jacques

> -Bruno
>
> 2008/9/13 Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
>
>> Bruno,
>>
>> Patrick Antivackis has just written a good answer to your question in dev
>> ML.
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Bruno Busco" <[hidden email]>
>>
>>  Hi,
>>> I was looking for a search in content functionality in the ecommerce
>>> application but I can only find a search in products.
>>> Is there a way to add a search textbox where the user can search on all
>>> the
>>> contents pages?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> -Bruno

Re: How to search in Contents

I just checked "lucene ofbiz" in Google and found (2d link for me)

http://osdir.com/ml/java.ofbiz.user/2005-03/msg00012.html

So Lucene is (should be still) used for content. I did not see any UI so far but maybe there is even one...

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>

> Bruno,
>
> From: "Bruno Busco" <[hidden email]>
>> Jacques,
>> I have read his post but there is no answer to may question only an
>> information that for prouct search an indexed database is used.
>> I am looking for a UI where I can enter a string that I want to look for in
>> the CMS pages to get a list of pages that contains the keyword with links.
>> (Standard CMS search)
>> I only have found a product search where I can enter a string and a list of
>> products that have the string in description are listed.
>
> Yes this is what Patrick said too, quoting
> <<Now if need also to index files that are associated with product
> and may be (but i don't know if exist already as i never looked) if need to
> index CMS and files uploaded through CMS, a solution based on a real search
> engine should be far more superior>>
>
> AFAIK there is nothing yet (at least in term of UI) to do what you want.
>
> Jacques
>

>> -Bruno
>>
>> 2008/9/13 Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
>>
>>> Bruno,
>>>
>>> Patrick Antivackis has just written a good answer to your question in dev
>>> ML.
>>>
>>> Jacques
>>>
>>> From: "Bruno Busco" <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>>  Hi,

Re: How to search in Contents

Patrick Antivackis
Hello,
In fact org.apache.lucene is imported in the 3 following classes :
content/src/org/ofbiz/content/search/ContentDocument.java
content/src/org/ofbiz/content/search/DataRessourceDocument.java
content/src/org/ofbiz/content/search/SearchWorker.java

SearchWorker.java is called by
content/src/org/ofbiz/content/search/SearchService.java,
content/webapp/content/WEB-INF/actions/cms/Search.groovy and
ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/content/Search.groovy

The SerchService is defined as indexTree.

cms/Search.groovy is used in CMSScreens.xml#AdminSearch and
content/Search.groovy by ContentScreens.xml#searchContent

So there is definately a UI in the admin of content and in ecommerce pages,
look in the Screens.xml to find the ftls or forms.

Regards

Re: How to search in Contents

Bruno Busco
Yes,
there are some searchContent screens and requests.
You can reach it here
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/control/searchContent

Not clear if it works or not.
-Bruno