I am new in ofbiz-dev

Wolfgang Melz
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

my name is Wolfgang Melz and i am new in ofbiz opentaps development. I am 40 years old and live in a small town in Germany on the beautyful countryside. I worked for more than 10 years in Software-Development and testing in companies like USWeb/CKS, later marchfirst. Now i work as a freelancer but i don't have much customers right now and i want to get some more.

My further intention is to get opentaps a little more interesting for german customers with their special german needs. These are:

1. HBCI - Banking Interface - to get a higher automation degree
2. German Paycheck/wages Accounting (deutsche Lohn- und Gehaltsabrechnung)
3. eBay and co. Interface
4. Financial accounting like SQL-Ledger or Lx-Office

Now i like to start working on the first two points and maybe we find somebody more to help on the other points, especially for adopting german needs. At first i like to test the integration of "hbci4java" into opentaps. After that i implement a special shopping basket where German Paycheck money goes in depending on rules and some money (approx 45%) goes out on rules like Income-Tax, Retirement, Medical, Retirement-Care, Church-Tax and so on. If somebody in germany likes to help me feel free to contact me.

But over all my most important thing is to make opentaps more popular in germany to increase business. So my first contribution to this community is a translation of Si Chens presentation "ofbiz_opentaps_under_hood.pdf". You will find my PDF in the attachment. For me everybody can use my translated presentation free of charge to find new customers and make opentaps more popular. If somebody has some more german marketing material of opentaps please share it.

Thank you for your attention,

best Regards

W. Melz

Re: I am new in ofbiz-dev

Wolfgang ,

Welcome and sorry but this ML is not attachment friendly. The best is to put a link or even why not open a login in
http://docs.ofbiz.org/homepage.action and begin by putting your doc there (on your Confluence home page for instance)

Jacques

Re: I am new in ofbiz-dev

Wolfgang Melz
Hi Jacques,

everybody can find now the translation of Si Chens Presentation
"Under the Hood: Inside an OFBiz/opentaps Implementation"
on the following link for marketing use:

http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=MarketingOFBIZ

Maybe later i will figure out how confluence works and maybe i use it then.
But for now it is easier and faster for me to use the integral-wiki.

Thanks a lot,

Wolli

Fabian Gorsler
Hi Wolfgang,

On Mo, 2006-12-18 at 19:15 +0100, Wolfgang Melz wrote:

> http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=MarketingOFBIZ

could you perhaps upload the source document of your PDF? I think there
are some things which should be changed (things like "sie" without
capital s) and perhaps some words are not fitting perfectly. I'd like to
help you with the translation.

But, nevertheless, you did a great work. Two or three weeks ago I wrote
to heise open and told them about OFBiz and the graduation from
Incubator, but they haven't replied up to now.

Best regards,
Fabian.

Re: I am new in ofbiz-dev

Wolfgang Melz
Hi Fabian,

thank you for support but you need an editor what can edit pdf-files. The pdf is the source! So please download from wiki, edit and upload again.

Thanks a lot.

Wolli

Re: I am new in ofbiz-dev

Chandresh Turakhia
Melz ,

I know quite a few open source in HBCI segment. German are good at sharing.
Shall pass you the list.

Also , can you pass me your private emailid. Hopefully we can workout
something useful

My email is [hidden email]

Chand

[...]

Unser Dankeschön: Ihr Name auf dem Segel der 1. deutschen America's
Cup-Yacht!

Re: I am new in ofbiz-dev

Wolfgang Melz
Hi Chand,

my private eMail is [hidden email] or short [hidden email]

Thanks for your help,

Wolli