I'm quite confuse

Passalacqua Nicolas
Hi,

I'm new in ofbiz.

I just find that I can attach catalogs under A category.

I read all the docs I found. And they always explain that the schema is
catalog > categories > product.

If you can add catalogs under category that making a loop.

Am I wrong ??

Is there something I misunderstood ??

Thanks.

Nick

Re: I'm quite confuse

Why do you want to do that ?

Jacques

Re: I'm quite confuse

cjhowe
The order is catalog > categories > product

The category screen you're looking at will place that
present category in that catalog so that it will still
be catalog > category > product.

It will never end up catalog >category >catalog.

If I understand your question correctly.

--- Passalacqua Nicolas <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new in ofbiz.
>
> I just find that I can attach catalogs under A
> category.
>
> I read all the docs I found. And they always explain
> that the schema is
> catalog > categories > product.
>
> If you can add catalogs under category that making a
> loop.
>
> Am I wrong ??
>
> Is there something I misunderstood ??
>

> Thanks.
>
> Nick

RE: I'm quite confuse

Passalacqua Nicolas
Yep, i'm sorry.
That was just the french traduction in the application wich was wrong.
It says, "attach catalogues in this category" or in fact it's the opposites (attach this category to catalogues).
But I cannot access to English version...

Thanks,

Nick

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new in ofbiz.
>
> I just find that I can attach catalogs under A
> category.
>
> I read all the docs I found. And they always explain
> that the schema is
> catalog > categories > product.
>
> If you can add catalogs under category that making a
> loop.
>
> Am I wrong ??
>
> Is there something I misunderstood ??
>

> Thanks.
>
> Nick

Re: I'm quite confuse

Hi Nicolas,

Why can't you access to english version (of which exactly ?) ?

Actually the french explanation
"Ajoutez un catalogue à cette catégorie d'article (sélectionnez un catalogue et le type, éventuellement une date de départ):"
is exact translation of english explanation
"Add a Catalog to this Category (select Catalog and Type, then enter optional From Date):"

What do you propose in place ?

From: "Passalacqua Nicolas" <[hidden email]>

> Yep, i'm sorry.
> That was just the french traduction in the application wich was wrong.
> It says, "attach catalogues in this category" or in fact it's the opposites (attach this category to catalogues).
> But I cannot access to English version...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick

Re: I'm quite confuse

Passalacqua Nicolas wrote:
> But I cannot access to English version...

Which version are you running? Try adding the following parameter to the
launch script:

-Duser.language=en

RE: I'm quite confuse

Passalacqua Nicolas

I'm running the last opentaps. And the select box for the language is not doing anything on my backEnd even if I switch my windows and my browser to English.

Actually the French translation is right according to the English explanation.
But when it said:
"Add a Catalog to this Category (select Catalog and Type, then enter optional From Date):"
The action resulting is not adding catalog under a category.
It's adding this category under one or many catalogs.

Don't you think that the English sentence (and so the French translation) may be confusing.

Regards

Nick.

From: "Passalacqua Nicolas" <[hidden email]>