IE6 DISPLAY PROBLEMS

Rick F.
Hi all -

  Why does OfBiz display perfectly in Firefox and then go to heck when displaying in IE6? I've added some html markup in the long_description content which displays perfectly in firefox but pull it up in IE and the the markup is sent all the way to the bottom of the page and the promotional section get moved over the left bar?? Is there a style that is used in OfBiz that isn't supported in IE?

  Please Help

  Rick

Re: IE6 DISPLAY PROBLEMS

cjhowe
The most common issues with IE6 rendering has to do with the use of
float: there are several workarounds depending on what you're
experiencing.  These are pretty well discussed in the ML and in Jira.

--- Richard Fleming <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all -
>
>   Why does OfBiz display perfectly in Firefox and then go to heck
> when displaying in IE6? I've added some html markup in the
> long_description content which displays perfectly in firefox but pull
> it up in IE and the the markup is sent all the way to the bottom of
> the page and the promotional section get moved over the left bar?? Is
> there a style that is used in OfBiz that isn't supported in IE?
>
>   Please Help
>
>   Rick

Re: IE6 DISPLAY PROBLEMS

Rick F.
Thanks for the reply Chris,

I've been able to solve this particular problem by enclosing the long description in a table tag in productSummary.ftl. Now the display is correct in both FireFox and IE6.

Rick

Chris Howe <[hidden email]> wrote: The most common issues with IE6 rendering has to do with the use of

--- Richard Fleming  wrote:

> Hi all -
>
>   Why does OfBiz display perfectly in Firefox and then go to heck
> when displaying in IE6? I've added some html markup in the
> long_description content which displays perfectly in firefox but pull
> it up in IE and the the markup is sent all the way to the bottom of
> the page and the promotional section get moved over the left bar?? Is
> there a style that is used in OfBiz that isn't supported in IE?
>
>   Please Help
>
>   Rick

Re: IE6 DISPLAY PROBLEMS

Richard,

Could you please consider to contribute this work ?

> I've been able to solve this particular problem by enclosing the long
description in a table tag in productSummary.ftl. Now the display is
correct in both FireFox and IE6.

> Rick
>
> Chris Howe <[hidden email]> wrote: The most common issues with
IE6 rendering has to do with the use of

> float: there are several workarounds depending on what you're
> experiencing.  These are pretty well discussed in the ML and in Jira.
>
> --- Richard Fleming  wrote:
>
> > Hi all -
> >
> >   Why does OfBiz display perfectly in Firefox and then go to heck
> > when displaying in IE6? I've added some html markup in the
> > long_description content which displays perfectly in firefox but
pull
> > it up in IE and the the markup is sent all the way to the bottom of
> > the page and the promotional section get moved over the left bar??
Is
> > there a style that is used in OfBiz that isn't supported in IE?
> >
> >   Please Help
> >
> >   Rick

Re: IE6 DISPLAY PROBLEMS

Rick F.
Jacques,

Love to.... just tell me how.

Rick

Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]> wrote: Richard,