In preparation for the first release from 17.12

In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Jacopo Cappellato-3
Hi all,

based on various threads in this list, the time we will prepare the first
release from the 17.12 branch is getting close and, since this is the first
one in which the plugins are separated from the framework, there are a
few decisions to take.

Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
Two products mean:
"Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
and
"Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"
One product mean"
"Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)

Alternatively, we could publish the two products at different times; first
publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen then we
could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the same
release of the framework.

One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones that
we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Michael Brohl-3
Hi Jacopo,

I'm not sure about it, a few thoughts:

It feels a bit strange to release the 17.12.01 framework without having
compatible 17.12.01 releases of the plugins. Users might be confused
which plugins they could use to work with the 17.12.01 framework
release. This would speak for a 17.12.01 release at the same time.

The plugins evolve very differently which means that there could be
changes in some plugins warranting a 17.12.02 relase at some time, while
others might not have changed at all. It would be strange if plugins get
a new release version if they have not changed at all.

It might be a good idea to mix the appraoches: start with a 17.12.01
release of framework and plugins at the same time and then put out new
releases of the framework and single plugins (not all) as the community
sees fit.

We might have to adjust our Jira tags a little bit to make sure that we
can tag the framework release, all-plugins release and single plugin
release independently. The current release view does mix them all
together (https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/OFBIZ/versions/12338772).

I have some thoughts about our release strategy in general but will
create another thread for it.

Thanks,

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de

Am 08.02.20 um 11:04 schrieb Jacopo Cappellato:

> Hi all,
>
> based on various threads in this list, the time we will prepare the first
> release from the 17.12 branch is getting close and, since this is the first
> one in which the plugins are separated from the framework, there are a
> few decisions to take.
>
> Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
> Two products mean:
> "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
> and
> "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"
> One product mean"
> "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
>
> Alternatively, we could publish the two products at different times; first
> publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
> publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen then we
> could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the same
> release of the framework.
>
> One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones that
> we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jacopo

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Nicolas Malin-2

I most in favor to propose two products like :

    "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" (framework)
and
    "Apache OFBiz Full 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)

For advanced user, they would use the framework only and retrieve wanted
plugins.

For discovery, the full version would be available and recommended.

I don't think that publish plugins alone or each plugin alone would be
an interest for user

Nicolas

On 08/02/2020 11:04, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> based on various threads in this list, the time we will prepare the first
> release from the 17.12 branch is getting close and, since this is the first
> one in which the plugins are separated from the framework, there are a
> few decisions to take.
>
> Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
> Two products mean:
> "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
> and
> "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"
> One product mean"
> "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
>
> Alternatively, we could publish the two products at different times; first
> publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
> publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen then we
> could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the same
> release of the framework.
>
> One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones that
> we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jacopo

pEpkey.asc (2K) Download Attachment

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Swapnil M Mane
Hi team,

As our users are familiar with one unified application, so
+1 to release "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)

And since the only the framework can be independently used to build any
custom enterprise application
+1 to release "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" (framework)

I don't have any strong opinion on releasing only plugins, fine with
everything we decide as a community, so
0 to "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"

Best regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
ofbiz.apache.org

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 9:32 PM Nicolas Malin <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I most in favor to propose two products like :
>
>     "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" (framework)
> and
>     "Apache OFBiz Full 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
>
> For advanced user, they would use the framework only and retrieve wanted
> plugins.
>
> For discovery, the full version would be available and recommended.
>
> I don't think that publish plugins alone or each plugin alone would be
> an interest for user
>
> Nicolas
>
> On 08/02/2020 11:04, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > based on various threads in this list, the time we will prepare the first
> > release from the 17.12 branch is getting close and, since this is the
> first
> > one in which the plugins are separated from the framework, there are a
> > few decisions to take.
> >
> > Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
> > Two products mean:
> > "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
> > and
> > "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"
> > One product mean"
> > "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
> >
> > Alternatively, we could publish the two products at different times;
> first
> > publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
> > publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen then
> we
> > could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the same
> > release of the framework.
> >
> > One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones
> that
> > we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jacopo

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Gil Portenseigne
+1

Regards,

Gil

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 05:02:18PM +0100, Nicolas Malin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I most in favor to propose two products like :
>
>     "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" (framework)
> and
>     "Apache OFBiz Full 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
>
> For advanced user, they would use the framework only and retrieve wanted
> plugins.
>
> For discovery, the full version would be available and recommended.
>
> I don't think that publish plugins alone or each plugin alone would be
> an interest for user
>
> Nicolas
>
> On 08/02/2020 11:04, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > based on various threads in this list, the time we will prepare the first
> > release from the 17.12 branch is getting close and, since this is the first
> > one in which the plugins are separated from the framework, there are a
> > few decisions to take.
> >
> > Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
> > Two products mean:
> > "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
> > and
> > "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"
> > One product mean"
> > "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
> >
> > Alternatively, we could publish the two products at different times; first
> > publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
> > publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen then we
> > could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the same
> > release of the framework.
> >
> > One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones that
> > we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jacopo

pub   RSA 3072/ECF12FF4 2019-12-16 Nicolas Malin <[hidden email]>
> sub   RSA 3072/40C9B367 2019-12-16

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

+1

Also for developers, we need to address the problem with pullAllPluginsSource For now you need to use the task each time you switch a branch and be
careful with your changes (stashes them).

Jacques

Le 11/02/2020 à 08:48, Gil Portenseigne a écrit :

> +1
>
> Regards,
>
> Gil
>
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 05:02:18PM +0100, Nicolas Malin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I most in favor to propose two products like :
>>
>>      "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" (framework)
>> and
>>      "Apache OFBiz Full 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
>>
>> For advanced user, they would use the framework only and retrieve wanted
>> plugins.
>>
>> For discovery, the full version would be available and recommended.
>>
>> I don't think that publish plugins alone or each plugin alone would be
>> an interest for user
>>
>> Nicolas
>>
>> On 08/02/2020 11:04, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> based on various threads in this list, the time we will prepare the first
>>> release from the 17.12 branch is getting close and, since this is the first
>>> one in which the plugins are separated from the framework, there are a
>>> few decisions to take.
>>>
>>> Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
>>> Two products mean:
>>> "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
>>> and
>>> "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"
>>> One product mean"
>>> "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
>>>
>>> Alternatively, we could publish the two products at different times; first
>>> publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
>>> publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen then we
>>> could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the same
>>> release of the framework.
>>>
>>> One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones that
>>> we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jacopo
>>>
> pub   RSA 3072/ECF12FF4 2019-12-16 Nicolas Malin <[hidden email]>
>> sub   RSA 3072/40C9B367 2019-12-16

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Deepak Dixit-5
+1

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
ofbiz.apache.org

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 3:34 PM Jacopo Cappellato <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> based on various threads in this list, the time we will prepare the first
> release from the 17.12 branch is getting close and, since this is the first
> one in which the plugins are separated from the framework, there are a
> few decisions to take.
>
> Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
> Two products mean:
> "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
> and
> "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"
> One product mean"
> "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
>
> Alternatively, we could publish the two products at different times; first
> publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
> publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen then we
> could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the same
> release of the framework.
>
> One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones that
> we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jacopo

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Nicola Mazzoni
+1

--
Nicola Mazzoni

*Mp Styl**e Srl*
via Meucci, 37
41019 Limidi di Soliera (MO)
T 059/684916
M 347/9905529

www.mpstyle.it

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Michael Brohl-3
Hi Deepak,

to which of the alternatives do you refer with your +1 ?

Thanks,

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de

Am 11.02.20 um 13:05 schrieb Deepak Dixit:

> +1
>
> Thanks & Regards
> --
> Deepak Dixit
> ofbiz.apache.org
>

> On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 3:34 PM Jacopo Cappellato <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> based on various threads in this list, the time we will prepare the first
>> release from the 17.12 branch is getting close and, since this is the first
>> one in which the plugins are separated from the framework, there are a
>> few decisions to take.
>>
>> Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
>> Two products mean:
>> "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
>> and
>> "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"
>> One product mean"
>> "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
>>
>> Alternatively, we could publish the two products at different times; first
>> publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
>> publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen then we
>> could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the same
>> release of the framework.
>>
>> One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones that
>> we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jacopo

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Deepak Dixit-5
>>>Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
Two products mean:
"Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
and
"Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"

Thanks Michael, sorry for the confusing reply,
I replied +1 for the above proposal

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
ofbiz.apache.org

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 7:19 PM Michael Brohl <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Deepak,
>
> to which of the alternatives do you refer with your +1 ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael Brohl
>
> ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de
>

> Am 11.02.20 um 13:05 schrieb Deepak Dixit:
> > +1
> >
> > Thanks & Regards
> > --
> > Deepak Dixit
> > ofbiz.apache.org
> >

> > On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 3:34 PM Jacopo Cappellato <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> based on various threads in this list, the time we will prepare the
> first
> >> release from the 17.12 branch is getting close and, since this is the
> first
> >> one in which the plugins are separated from the framework, there are a
> >> few decisions to take.
> >>
> >> Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
> >> Two products mean:
> >> "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
> >> and
> >> "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"
> >> One product mean"
> >> "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
> >>
> >> Alternatively, we could publish the two products at different times;
> first
> >> publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
> >> publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen
> then we
> >> could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the
> same
> >> release of the framework.
> >>
> >> One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones
> that
> >> we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Jacopo

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Nicola Mazzoni
Sorry,
+1 to release "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
+1 to release "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" (framework)

--
Nicola Mazzoni

*Mp Styl**e Srl*
via Meucci, 37
41019 Limidi di Soliera (MO)
T 059/684916
M 347/9905529

www.mpstyle.it

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Jacopo Cappellato-3
So far it seems that we are in favor of releasing the full version
(framework + plugins) named "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" and then also the
version without the plugins.
If this is the direction we will take, would it be ok if we first focus and
release the full version "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins) and
we postpone the preparation/vote for the framework only version? In this
way we could all focus on one release and could publish it soon (vote
starting this week or the next) and make sure that we do it right; once it
will be published and once we will have all the details documented in our
download page we could focus on the preparation for the new sections and
explanations for the framework only version so that our users don't get
confused.

Jacopo

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 11:04 AM Jacopo Cappellato <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> based on various threads in this list, the time we will prepare the first
> release from the 17.12 branch is getting close and, since this is the first
> one in which the plugins are separated from the framework, there are a
> few decisions to take.
>
> Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
> Two products mean:
> "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
> and
> "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"
> One product mean"
> "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
>
> Alternatively, we could publish the two products at different times; first
> publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
> publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen then we
> could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the same
> release of the framework.
>
> One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones that
> we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jacopo

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Gil Portenseigne
Yes, it is a good way to go.

Thanks Jacopo

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 03:38:46PM +0100, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> So far it seems that we are in favor of releasing the full version
> (framework + plugins) named "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" and then also the
> version without the plugins.
> If this is the direction we will take, would it be ok if we first focus and
> release the full version "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins) and
> we postpone the preparation/vote for the framework only version? In this
> way we could all focus on one release and could publish it soon (vote
> starting this week or the next) and make sure that we do it right; once it
> will be published and once we will have all the details documented in our
> download page we could focus on the preparation for the new sections and
> explanations for the framework only version so that our users don't get
> confused.
>
> Jacopo
>

> On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 11:04 AM Jacopo Cappellato <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > based on various threads in this list, the time we will prepare the first
> > release from the 17.12 branch is getting close and, since this is the first
> > one in which the plugins are separated from the framework, there are a
> > few decisions to take.
> >
> > Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
> > Two products mean:
> > "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
> > and
> > "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"
> > One product mean"
> > "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
> >
> > Alternatively, we could publish the two products at different times; first
> > publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
> > publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen then we
> > could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the same
> > release of the framework.
> >
> > One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones that
> > we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jacopo

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Pierre Smits-3
So you're saying, if I (we) understand you correctly, the project is going
to do 2 releases (one in each repository) and then combine the two in one
package to be voted upon?

Best regards,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor* (but without privileges)* of* Apache OFBiz
<https://ofbiz.apache.org/>, since 2008

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 3:39 PM Jacopo Cappellato <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> So far it seems that we are in favor of releasing the full version
> (framework + plugins) named "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" and then also the
> version without the plugins.
> If this is the direction we will take, would it be ok if we first focus and
> release the full version "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins) and
> we postpone the preparation/vote for the framework only version? In this
> way we could all focus on one release and could publish it soon (vote
> starting this week or the next) and make sure that we do it right; once it
> will be published and once we will have all the details documented in our
> download page we could focus on the preparation for the new sections and
> explanations for the framework only version so that our users don't get
> confused.
>
> Jacopo
>

> On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 11:04 AM Jacopo Cappellato <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > based on various threads in this list, the time we will prepare the first
> > release from the 17.12 branch is getting close and, since this is the
> first
> > one in which the plugins are separated from the framework, there are a
> > few decisions to take.
> >
> > Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
> > Two products mean:
> > "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
> > and
> > "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"
> > One product mean"
> > "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
> >
> > Alternatively, we could publish the two products at different times;
> first
> > publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
> > publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen then
> we
> > could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the same
> > release of the framework.
> >
> > One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones
> that
> > we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jacopo

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Pierre Smits-3
Is that even possible under ASF rules?

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 3:42 PM Pierre Smits <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> > publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
>> > publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen
>> then we
>> > could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the
>> same
>> > release of the framework.
>> >
>> > One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones
>> that
>> > we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Jacopo

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Jacopo Cappellato-3
On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 3:42 PM Pierre Smits <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So you're saying, if I (we) understand you correctly, the project is going
> to do 2 releases (one in each repository) and then combine the two in one

No, I am saying the project is going to do one release by combining the two
repositories in one package.
Once this is done and published, we will consider to prepare/vote another
release containing the content of the ofbiz-framework repository only.

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Jacopo Cappellato-3
Ok, for now I am going to prepare the release files for "Apache OFBiz
17.12.01", i.e. the full version with framework+plugins (similar to what we
have always released over the years) and then start the vote thread. Please
let me know if there are commits that needs to happen before and I will
wait for them.

Thank you,

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> based on various threads in this list, the time we will prepare the first
> release from the 17.12 branch is getting close and, since this is the first
> one in which the plugins are separated from the framework, there are a
> few decisions to take.
>
> Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
> Two products mean:
> "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
> and
> "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"
> One product mean"
> "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
>
> Alternatively, we could publish the two products at different times; first
> publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
> publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen then we
> could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the same
> release of the framework.
>
> One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones that
> we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jacopo

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Michael Brohl-3
Hi Jacopo,

I think there are some issues open for 17.12.01, will check tomorrow.

Regards,
Michael

> Am 17.02.2020 um 12:33 schrieb Jacopo Cappellato <[hidden email]>:
>
> Ok, for now I am going to prepare the release files for "Apache OFBiz
> 17.12.01", i.e. the full version with framework+plugins (similar to what we
> have always released over the years) and then start the vote thread. Please
> let me know if there are commits that needs to happen before and I will
> wait for them.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jacopo
>
>> On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 11:04 AM Jacopo Cappellato <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> based on various threads in this list, the time we will prepare the first
>> release from the 17.12 branch is getting close and, since this is the first
>> one in which the plugins are separated from the framework, there are a
>> few decisions to take.
>>
>> Should we release two products or just one as in the past?
>> Two products mean:
>> "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01"
>> and
>> "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"
>> One product mean"
>> "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01" (framework + plugins)
>>
>> Alternatively, we could publish the two products at different times; first
>> publish "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.12.01" and then later in the year
>> publish "Apache OFBiz Plugins 17.12.01"; if this is going to happen then we
>> could have for example multiple releases of the Plugins based on the same
>> release of the framework.
>>
>> One other option is to release independently each plugin (or the ones that
>> we consider stable enough) rather than all the plugins in one file.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jacopo

Re: In preparation for the first release from 17.12

Jacopo Cappellato-3
Thank you Michael,

please let me know when you are done; I know there are a few open tickets
in Jira and after a quick review I was inclined to to exclude them from
this release and proceed.