Inventory variance question

Bilgin Ibryam
Hi devs,

I'd like to know, is there a reason for not allowing inventory variance
on serialized inventory items?
In Data Model Resource Book, there is no such a  restriction, the only
difference between serialized and not-serialized inventory variances is
that, it is with quantity 1 for serialized items.
I'm asking this, because I can't find how to record a stole serialized
item.
I checked statusId field, but it doesn't affect QOH or accounting, so it
is not applicable for this case.

Bilgin

Re: Inventory variance question

Then variance would be boolean ?

Jacques

From: "Bilgin Ibryam" <[hidden email]>

> Hi devs,
>
> I'd like to know, is there a reason for not allowing inventory variance
> on serialized inventory items?
> In Data Model Resource Book, there is no such a  restriction, the only
> difference between serialized and not-serialized inventory variances is
> that, it is with quantity 1 for serialized items.
> I'm asking this, because I can't find how to record a stole serialized
> item.
> I checked statusId field, but it doesn't affect QOH or accounting, so it
> is not applicable for this case.

> Bilgin

Re: Inventory variance question

David E Jones

On Oct 27, 2008, at 2:39 AM, Bilgin Ibryam wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> I'd like to know, is there a reason for not allowing inventory
> variance
> on serialized inventory items?
> In Data Model Resource Book, there is no such a  restriction, the only
> difference between serialized and not-serialized inventory variances
> is
> that, it is with quantity 1 for serialized items.
> I'm asking this, because I can't find how to record a stole serialized
> item.
> I checked statusId field, but it doesn't affect QOH or accounting,
> so it
> is not applicable for this case.

If the status change for a loss isn't affecting QOH or accounting that
is what should be fixed. Most of the status changes do result in
quantity or other changes.

Re: Inventory variance question

Bilgin Ibryam

Jacques, David, thanks for your suggestions.

Changing serialized inventory item status change also the ATP/QOH, so I
will go with it for now.

PS:  Changing item status doesn't affect accounting, but higher level
services that do the status change, also trigger accounting
transactions.