Is OFBiz the right software for my case?

Is OFBiz the right software for my case?

Jean-Pierre König
Hi,

i'm in a software evaluation for a eCommerce solution. What i found
out about OFBiz is quite a lot, but i'm not able to answer my question
at all: Is OFBiz the right software for my case?

My Case: We have already a product information management solution
(PIM) in place. It's java based and service oriented which means we
have access via SOAP over HTTP to access the product catalog,
categories, prices and so on.

What we don't have is a shop solution with cart, checkout process etc.
Is OFBiz the right solution to solve my problem?

Cheers and thanks for any input
Jean-Pierre

Re: Is OFBiz the right software for my case?

Ashish Vijaywargiya-5
Yes OFBiz is a good feature rich framework that you can use in your
business with little customization.
I will suggest you to read the contents available at :
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Is+OFBiz+for+Me

Inline

Jean-Pierre König wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm in a software evaluation for a eCommerce solution. What i found
> out about OFBiz is quite a lot, but i'm not able to answer my question
> at all: Is OFBiz the right software for my case?
>
> My Case: We have already a product information management solution
> (PIM) in place. It's java based and service oriented which means we
> have access via SOAP over HTTP to access the product catalog,
> categories, prices and so on.
You can do the same thing in OFBiz as well. Integration of SOAP over
HTTP can be easily achieved in OFBiz and the integration document is
also available for this in OFBiz Confluence (http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/Swg).
Another alternate of doing the same thing is Apache XMLRpc and its
document is available on the OFBiz Confluence.

> What we don't have is a shop solution with cart, checkout process etc.
> Is OFBiz the right solution to solve my problem?
Have a look on the following links :

http://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ecommerce/control/main

https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/login/main?USERNAME=demoadmin&PASSWORD=ofbiz

--