Is the OrderComplete screen really necessary?

Is the OrderComplete screen really necessary?

Jacopo Cappellato
What do you think of the mod I did in rev. 441614?

With that commit, when an order is succesfully created (in the order
manager application) the next screen is the order detail screen and no
more the OrderComplete screen (that in my opinion is an useless screen).

If you don't like the mod, let me know and I'll revert it.

Re: Is the OrderComplete screen really necessary?

Si Chen-2
I agree with you.  It is not necessary.

On Sep 8, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> What do you think of the mod I did in rev. 441614?
>
> With that commit, when an order is succesfully created (in the
> order manager application) the next screen is the order detail
> screen and no more the OrderComplete screen (that in my opinion is
> an useless screen).
>
> If you don't like the mod, let me know and I'll revert it.
>
> Jacopo

Re: Is the OrderComplete screen really necessary?

David E Jones-2

Yeah, I agree too. I'm guessing that is a vestige of the ecommerce
flow that this originally came from and it really isn't needed in
something like the order manager.

-David

On Sep 8, 2006, at 1:02 PM, Si Chen wrote:

> I agree with you.  It is not necessary.
>
> On Sep 8, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>
>> What do you think of the mod I did in rev. 441614?
>>
>> With that commit, when an order is succesfully created (in the
>> order manager application) the next screen is the order detail
>> screen and no more the OrderComplete screen (that in my opinion is
>> an useless screen).
>>
>> If you don't like the mod, let me know and I'll revert it.
>>
>> Jacopo

Re: Is the OrderComplete screen really necessary?

Daniel Kunkel
Thank you for making this change.

If your up for it, please consider making this change in the ecommerce
app as well, since we have experienced problems where customers think
the order confirmation screen is confirming the order, and not one final
step from placing the order.

It's far easier for us to make a change to an existing order than make
up for the frustration and lost confidence when an order wasn't actually
ever placed.

Thanks

Daniel

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 20:56 +0200, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> What do you think of the mod I did in rev. 441614?
>
> With that commit, when an order is succesfully created (in the order
> manager application) the next screen is the order detail screen and no
> more the OrderComplete screen (that in my opinion is an useless screen).
>
> If you don't like the mod, let me know and I'll revert it.
>
> Jacopo

Re: Is the OrderComplete screen really necessary?

+1

Jacques