Java Mail Jar question

BJ Freeman
I have the java 1.4.1 download, it is java 6 only
1) did some on merge the individual jars into one?
2) is there a reason the dsn capability was left out?
3) what version is the current mail.jar?

Re: Java Mail Jar question

cjhowe
1) It appears to be taken directly from the java.net's maven javax.mail directory http://download.java.net/maven/1/javax.mail/jars/
2) dsn is left out of the 1.4.1 jar as well in java.net's maven javax.mail directory.  It appears that only glassfish's distributions contain dsn capability https://glassfish.dev.java.net/source/browse/glassfish/mail/src/java/com/sun/mail/
3) From the manfest in mail.jar it reads that the version in OFBiz is 1.4.

Re: Java Mail Jar question

cjhowe
Allow me to correct myself.  It appears that OFBiz took only the mail.jar from the 1.4 zip download at http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/downloads/index.html
The distribution then has a lib directory that separates the each protocol.  All of the protocols are included in the main mail.jar except for dsn.

Re: Java Mail Jar question

BJ Freeman
The download of 1.4.2 zip has many folders.
one includes the lib that is the same as the one you describe.

The next question is it ok to add the dsn?
do you want to make it part of the build to merge it into the mail.jar
Or do we want to use the seperate jars and put a verions in the title.
if what is the criteria we need to look at to upgrade to 1.4.2?
as far as I know what I need is in 1.4.1 so I don't need it.

Chris Howe sent the following on 12/21/2007 11:02 PM:

> Allow me to correct myself.  It appears that OFBiz took only the mail.jar from the 1.4 zip download at http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/downloads/index.html
> The distribution then has a lib directory that separates the each protocol.  All of the protocols are included in the main mail.jar except for dsn.

Correction:
I downloaded 1.4.1
there is no 1.4.2

BJ Freeman sent the following on 12/22/2007 5:04 AM:

> The download of 1.4.2 zip has many folders.
> one includes the lib that is the same as the one you describe.
>
> The next question is it ok to add the dsn?
> do you want to make it part of the build to merge it into the mail.jar
> Or do we want to use the seperate jars and put a verions in the title.
> if what is the criteria we need to look at to upgrade to 1.4.2?
> as far as I know what I need is in 1.4.1 so I don't need it.
>

> Chris Howe sent the following on 12/21/2007 11:02 PM:
>> Allow me to correct myself.  It appears that OFBiz took only the mail.jar from the 1.4 zip download at http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/downloads/index.html
>> The distribution then has a lib directory that separates the each protocol.  All of the protocols are included in the main mail.jar except for dsn.

I would suggest that if dsn is needed, to add dsn.jar separately from mail.jar since that is the way it is handled by  JavaMail packaging.  If JavaMail continues to package subsequent versions the same way and we upgrade, there is the likelihood that dsn will be left out and unknowingly break whatever functionality that was gained by it's previous inclusion.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 12/22/2007 5:04 AM:
> The download of 1.4.2 zip has many folders.
> one includes the lib that is the same as the one you describe.
>
> The next question is it ok to add the dsn?
> do you want to make it part of the build to merge it into the
 mail.jar
> Or do we want to use the seperate jars and put a verions in the
 title.
> if what is the criteria we need to look at to upgrade to 1.4.2?
> as far as I know what I need is in 1.4.1 so I don't need it.
>

> Chris Howe sent the following on 12/21/2007 11:02 PM:
>> Allow me to correct myself.  It appears that OFBiz took only the
 mail.jar from the 1.4 zip download at
 http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/downloads/index.html
>> The distribution then has a lib directory that separates the each
 protocol.  All of the protocols are included in the main mail.jar except
 for dsn.

ok will wait to see anyone else has a different Idea.
since the lib are different jars, seems it would best to make a sub
folder in base/lib for javamail and include all the jars there as
independent.
BTW if you not the manifest says apple instead of sun.
so not sure this came from the sun site.

Chris Howe sent the following on 12/22/2007 8:21 AM: