Latin America Success Stories

Daniel Riquelme
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has information related to OFBiz deployments in
Latin America.
I am preparing a presentation for a Retail Company in Chile, they want to
upgrade their current software infrastructure and one of the alternatives is
OFBiz.
I am curious about similar endeavours in Latin America with OFBiz.

Best Regards,
Daniel Riquelme

Re: Latin America Success Stories

Rodrigo Lima-2
Eu participei de um projeto em Sao Paulo/Brasil baseado no OfBIZ.
Fizemos um deploy no datacenter da IBM/OS390 e tambem em máquinas Risk.
Garanto o sucesso.

2008/4/26, Daniel Riquelme <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has information related to OFBiz deployments in
> Latin America.
> I am preparing a presentation for a Retail Company in Chile, they want to
> upgrade their current software infrastructure and one of the alternatives
> is
> OFBiz.
> I am curious about similar endeavours in Latin America with OFBiz.
>
> Best Regards,
> Daniel Riquelme

Re: Latin America Success Stories

One day or another I'd like to classify the  Apache OFBiz User List by countries. It begins to be pretty long...
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List

Jacques

From: "Daniel Riquelme" <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has information related to OFBiz deployments in
> Latin America.
> I am preparing a presentation for a Retail Company in Chile, they want to
> upgrade their current software infrastructure and one of the alternatives is
> OFBiz.
> I am curious about similar endeavours in Latin America with OFBiz.
>
> Best Regards,
> Daniel Riquelme

Re: Latin America Success Stories

BJ Freeman
maybe put in the demo data the have a page you can search on the demo sites

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 4/27/2008 2:22 AM:

> One day or another I'd like to classify the  Apache OFBiz User List by
> countries. It begins to be pretty long...
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Daniel Riquelme" <[hidden email]>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone has information related to OFBiz deployments in
>> Latin America.
>> I am preparing a presentation for a Retail Company in Chile, they want to
>> upgrade their current software infrastructure and one of the
>> alternatives is
>> OFBiz.
>> I am curious about similar endeavours in Latin America with OFBiz.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Daniel Riquelme

Re: Latin America Success Stories

hu ?

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>

> maybe put in the demo data the have a page you can search on the demo sites
>

> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 4/27/2008 2:22 AM:
>> One day or another I'd like to classify the  Apache OFBiz User List by
>> countries. It begins to be pretty long...
>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Daniel Riquelme" <[hidden email]>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if anyone has information related to OFBiz deployments in
>>> Latin America.
>>> I am preparing a presentation for a Retail Company in Chile, they want to
>>> upgrade their current software infrastructure and one of the
>>> alternatives is
>>> OFBiz.
>>> I am curious about similar endeavours in Latin America with OFBiz.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Daniel Riquelme

Re: Latin America Success Stories

BJ Freeman
put the user list in the demo data.
it would be in the parties and show another aspect of using Parties
people could then search for them.
then make a widget that will show the user by Country that you can copy
and paste into http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List

I would be glad to make the data file.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 4/27/2008 6:14 AM:

> hu ?
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
>> maybe put in the demo data the have a page you can search on the demo
>> sites
>>

>> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 4/27/2008 2:22 AM:
>>> One day or another I'd like to classify the  Apache OFBiz User List by
>>> countries. It begins to be pretty long...
>>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List
>>>
>>> Jacques
>>>
>>> From: "Daniel Riquelme" <[hidden email]>

Re: Latin America Success Stories

Daniel Riquelme
Dear Rodrigo,

Would you be kind enough to share with us a few details about this
deployment ?
It would be very useful for my presentation to know things such as :
The name of the company in which you deployed OFBiz.
The business of the company.
The specific problems that where solved by using OFBiz.
The OFBiz components that where used/modified/developed.
Any other useful metric such as deployment time/costs/team size/impact on
current company culture/competitors (such as other ERP solutions).

Best Regards,
Daniel Riquelme

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 11:44 PM, Rodrigo Lima <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Eu participei de um projeto em Sao Paulo/Brasil baseado no OfBIZ.
> Fizemos um deploy no datacenter da IBM/OS390 e tambem em máquinas Risk.
> Garanto o sucesso.
>

> 2008/4/26, Daniel Riquelme <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone has information related to OFBiz deployments
> in
> > Latin America.
> > I am preparing a presentation for a Retail Company in Chile, they want
> > upgrade their current software infrastructure and one of the
> alternatives
> > is
> > OFBiz.
> > I am curious about similar endeavours in Latin America with OFBiz.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Daniel Riquelme

Re: Latin America Success Stories

David E Jones

Big -1.

That would require people who wanted to change it to submit a patch
and have it reviewed and committed by a committer, and then someone
would have to run it and put the results back in the wiki page, which
may have been changed manually since the causing those manual changes
to be removed.

A straight wiki is way easier. If someone wants to sort it by location
they can right now with just a few minutes of volunteer effort.

-David

On Apr 27, 2008, at 10:00 AM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> put the user list in the demo data.
> it would be in the parties and show another aspect of using Parties
> people could then search for them.
> then make a widget that will show the user by Country that you can
> copy
> and paste into http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List
>
> I would be glad to make the data file.
>
> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 4/27/2008 6:14 AM:
>> hu ?
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
>>> maybe put in the demo data the have a page you can search on the
>>> demo
>>> sites
>>>

>>> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 4/27/2008 2:22 AM:

Re: Latin America Success Stories

Thanks BJ for the proposition but sorry I totally agree with David

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

> Big -1.
>
> That would require people who wanted to change it to submit a patch
> and have it reviewed and committed by a committer, and then someone
> would have to run it and put the results back in the wiki page, which
> may have been changed manually since the causing those manual changes
> to be removed.
>
> A straight wiki is way easier. If someone wants to sort it by location
> they can right now with just a few minutes of volunteer effort.
>
> -David
>

> On Apr 27, 2008, at 10:00 AM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>> put the user list in the demo data.
>> it would be in the parties and show another aspect of using Parties
>> people could then search for them.
>> then make a widget that will show the user by Country that you can
>> copy
>> and paste into http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List
>>
>> I would be glad to make the data file.
>>
>> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 4/27/2008 6:14 AM:
>>> hu ?
>>>
>>> Jacques
>>>
>>> From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>

Re: Latin America Success Stories

Daniel Riquelme
Perhaps PartyAttribute could be used to store things like:
Site
Type
Rating
Language
Company
Service
Provider
Description

I'll gladly produce a simple screen that output this data for parties,
perhaps it would be clever to filter by parties with role=OFBIZ_USER_STORY
or somethin like that.

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks BJ for the proposition but sorry I totally agree with David
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
>

> > Big -1.
> >
> > That would require people who wanted to change it to submit a patch  and
> > have it reviewed and committed by a committer, and then someone  would have
> > to run it and put the results back in the wiki page, which  may have been
> > changed manually since the causing those manual changes  to be removed.
> >
> > A straight wiki is way easier. If someone wants to sort it by location
> >  they can right now with just a few minutes of volunteer effort.
> >
> > -David
> >

> > On Apr 27, 2008, at 10:00 AM, BJ Freeman wrote:
> >
> > > put the user list in the demo data.
> > > it would be in the parties and show another aspect of using Parties
> > > people could then search for them.
> > > then make a widget that will show the user by Country that you can
> > >  copy
> > > and paste into
> > > http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List
> > >
> > > I would be glad to make the data file.
> > >
> > > Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 4/27/2008 6:14 AM:

Re: Latin America Success Stories

Another time I can' see the point, sorry. All I want to do, as explained David, is to put some more information in the User List
Wiki page

Jacques

From: "Daniel Riquelme" <[hidden email]>

> Perhaps PartyAttribute could be used to store things like:
> Site
> Type
> Rating
> Language
> Company
> Service
> Provider
> Description
>
> I'll gladly produce a simple screen that output this data for parties,
> perhaps it would be clever to filter by parties with role=OFBIZ_USER_STORY
> or somethin like that.
>
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks BJ for the proposition but sorry I totally agree with David
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
>>

>> > Big -1.
>> >
>> > That would require people who wanted to change it to submit a patch  and
>> > have it reviewed and committed by a committer, and then someone  would have
>> > to run it and put the results back in the wiki page, which  may have been
>> > changed manually since the causing those manual changes  to be removed.
>> >
>> > A straight wiki is way easier. If someone wants to sort it by location
>> >  they can right now with just a few minutes of volunteer effort.
>> >
>> > -David

Re: Latin America Success Stories

Daniel Riquelme
OK, let me know what can I do to help with this issue.

Regards,
Daniel Riquelme

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Another time I can' see the point, sorry. All I want to do, as explained
> David, is to put some more information in the User List Wiki page
>

> Jacques
>
> From: "Daniel Riquelme" <[hidden email]>
>
> > Perhaps PartyAttribute could be used to store things like:
> > Site
> > Type
> > Rating
> > Language
> > Company
> > Service
> > Provider
> > Description
> >
> > I'll gladly produce a simple screen that output this data for parties,
> > perhaps it would be clever to filter by parties with
> > role=OFBIZ_USER_STORY
> > or somethin like that.
> >
> > On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >  Thanks BJ for the proposition but sorry I totally agree with David
> > >
> > > Jacques
> > >
> > > From: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

> > >  and
> > >  would have
> > > been
> > > removed.

> > > location

> > > Parties

> > > the

> > > User

> > > Chile,
> > > the
> > > with

Re: Latin America Success Stories

Cool, simply give me a list of the sites by countries

Jacques

From: "Daniel Riquelme" <[hidden email]>

> OK, let me know what can I do to help with this issue.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel Riquelme
>
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Another time I can' see the point, sorry. All I want to do, as explained
>> David, is to put some more information in the User List Wiki page
>>

>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Daniel Riquelme" <[hidden email]>
>>
>> > Perhaps PartyAttribute could be used to store things like:
>> > Site
>> > Type
>> > Rating
>> > Language
>> > Company
>> > Service
>> > Provider
>> > Description
>> >
>> > I'll gladly produce a simple screen that output this data for parties,
>> > perhaps it would be clever to filter by parties with
>> > role=OFBIZ_USER_STORY
>> > or somethin like that.
>> >
>> > On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
>> > [hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> >  Thanks BJ for the proposition but sorry I totally agree with David

Re: Latin America Success Stories

Daniel Riquelme
Here is the list.

Let me know if you prefer it in another format.

Regards,
Daniel Riquelme

From: "Daniel Riquelme" <[hidden email]>

> Perhaps PartyAttribute could be used to store things like:
> Site
> Type
> Rating
> Language
> Company
> Service
> Provider
> Description
>
> I'll gladly produce a simple screen that output this data for parties,
> perhaps it would be clever to filter by parties with
> role=OFBIZ_USER_STORY
> or somethin like that.
>
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Thanks BJ for the proposition but sorry I totally agree with David
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> > From: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
> >

> > > Big -1.
> > >
> > > That would require people who wanted to change it to submit a patch
> >  and
> > > have it reviewed and committed by a committer, and then someone
> >  would have
> > > to run it and put the results back in the wiki page, which  may have
> > been
> > > changed manually since the causing those manual changes  to be
> > removed.
> > >
> > > A straight wiki is way easier. If someone wants to sort it by
> > location
> > >  they can right now with just a few minutes of volunteer effort.
> > >
> > > -David

> > Parties

> > the

> > User

> > Chile,
> > the
> > with

SitesByCountry.xls (204K) Download Attachment

Re: Latin America Success Stories

Thanks Daniel,

I will have a look at it... soon...

Jacques

        From: "Daniel Riquelme" <[hidden email]>

        > Perhaps PartyAttribute could be used to store things like:
        > Site
        > Type
        > Rating
        > Language
        > Company
        > Service
        > Provider
        > Description
        >
        > I'll gladly produce a simple screen that output this data for parties,
        > perhaps it would be clever to filter by parties with
        > role=OFBIZ_USER_STORY
        > or somethin like that.
        >
        > On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
        > [hidden email]> wrote:
        >
        >  Thanks BJ for the proposition but sorry I totally agree with David
        > >
        > > Jacques
        > >
        > > From: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
        > >
        > >
        > > > Big -1.
        > > >
        > > > That would require people who wanted to change it to submit a patch
        > >  and
        > > > have it reviewed and committed by a committer, and then someone
        > >  would have
        > > > to run it and put the results back in the wiki page, which  may have
        > > been
        > > > changed manually since the causing those manual changes  to be
        > > removed.
        > > >
        > > > A straight wiki is way easier. If someone wants to sort it by
        > > location
        > > >  they can right now with just a few minutes of volunteer effort.
        > > >
        > > > -David

        > > Parties

        > > the

        > > User

        > > Chile,
        > > the
        > > with

Re: Latin America Success Stories

Hi Daniel,

I did a 1st pass tonight (only in the table for now) http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List

Jacques

        From: "Daniel Riquelme" <[hidden email]>

        > Perhaps PartyAttribute could be used to store things like:
        > Site
        > Type
        > Rating
        > Language
        > Company
        > Service
        > Provider
        > Description
        >
        > I'll gladly produce a simple screen that output this data for parties,
        > perhaps it would be clever to filter by parties with
        > role=OFBIZ_USER_STORY
        > or somethin like that.
        >
        > On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
        > [hidden email]> wrote:
        >
        >  Thanks BJ for the proposition but sorry I totally agree with David
        > >
        > > Jacques
        > >
        > > From: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
        > >
        > >
        > > > Big -1.
        > > >
        > > > That would require people who wanted to change it to submit a patch
        > >  and
        > > > have it reviewed and committed by a committer, and then someone
        > >  would have
        > > > to run it and put the results back in the wiki page, which  may have
        > > been
        > > > changed manually since the causing those manual changes  to be
        > > removed.
        > > >
        > > > A straight wiki is way easier. If someone wants to sort it by
        > > location
        > > >  they can right now with just a few minutes of volunteer effort.
        > > >
        > > > -David

        > > Parties

        > > the

        > > User

        > > Chile,
        > > the
        > > with

Re: Latin America Success Stories

Done. I found some broken links and put them in the historical section. If you think they are alive, please check them again, and
put them back in the second table (I did not check the 1st, more complete, table)

Also if you are aware of sites not present in this page please put a comment at bottom with relevant informations and we will update
the page with your informations. For instance it would be interesting to know about more sites around the world (this thread was
about Brasil at the beginning for instance)

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>
Hi Daniel,

        From: "Daniel Riquelme" <[hidden email]>