help in creating new user

Jaki-2
I created a new user with the partyID as 'admin' using Webtools (UserLogin entity) but whenever I try to login I get the error saying 'Login for this application couldn't be completed (required permissions missing)'

Re: help in creating new user

Ajay @ Pal InfoCom
Hello jaki,

You have to set the role for the newly created user.

The following URL will help you alot:

http://opensourceerpguru.com/2008/02/20/ofbiz-creating-new-customer/

Thanks and regards,

Ajay Sodhi

jaki wrote:
> I created a new user with the partyID as 'admin' using Webtools (UserLogin
> entity) but whenever I try to login I get the error saying 'Login for this
> application couldn't be completed (required permissions missing)'

Re: help in creating new user

there is an admin in the seed data.
this is put in when you do an install.
I say this because you will probably not put all the permissions for
this login.

jaki sent the following on 5/5/2008 11:58 PM:
> I created a new user with the partyID as 'admin' using Webtools (UserLogin
> entity) but whenever I try to login I get the error saying 'Login for this
> application couldn't be completed (required permissions missing)'

Re: help in creating new user

Adrian Crum
Keep in mind that user login IDs are not the same as party IDs.

-Adrian

BJ Freeman wrote:

> there is an admin in the seed data.
> this is put in when you do an install.
> I say this because you will probably not put all the permissions for
> this login.
>
> jaki sent the following on 5/5/2008 11:58 PM:
>> I created a new user with the partyID as 'admin' using Webtools (UserLogin
>> entity) but whenever I try to login I get the error saying 'Login for this
>> application couldn't be completed (required permissions missing)'

Re: help in creating new user

BJ Freeman
yes the install give you
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/partymgr/control/viewprofile?partyId=admin
as a party ID
and
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/partymgr/control/editlogin?partyId=admin&userLoginId=admin
as a login
so it is confusing

Adrian Crum sent the following on 5/6/2008 9:51 AM:

> Keep in mind that user login IDs are not the same as party IDs.
>
> -Adrian
>
> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> there is an admin in the seed data.
>> this is put in when you do an install.
>> I say this because you will probably not put all the permissions for
>> this login.
>>
>> jaki sent the following on 5/5/2008 11:58 PM:
>>> I created a new user with the partyID as 'admin' using Webtools
>>> (UserLogin
>>> entity) but whenever I try to login I get the error saying 'Login for
>>> this
>>> application couldn't be completed (required permissions missing)'

Re: help in creating new user

Jaki-2
Heartfelt thanks for all the help. I got the issue solved by putting the user details in UserLoginAndSecurityGroup entity too with groupID as 'FULLADMIN'.

ajay@palinfocom.net wrote