Meta data for specific pages

xenos
I'm a new user and would like to know how to enter meta data (keywords, descriptions, etc.) for specific categories and products. I looked at header.ftl but this applies to all pages.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Meta data for specific pages

G.Venkata Phanindra
Hi Xenos.
          We get the Data with the following rules in ofbiz
                 1 Category Page : will be the Category Description
                 2 Product Page (i.e Individual product Page) : It will
keywords of that product and the Category Page.
regards
phani

G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989

Re: Meta data for specific pages

xenos
Thanks for the fast reply.

We're taking maintenance over from another company and for whatever reason from the site we're working on, the meta keywords and descriptions are the same on every page. The categories appear to have descriptions and the products have keywords, but they're not being used. In other words, when we go to the site and view source , the meta data is the same regardless of which page even though we have different keywords on each product.

Here's my code:

Header.ftl
<#-- Meta tags if defined by the page action -->
   <#if metaDescription?exists>
    </#if>
    <#if metaKeywords?exists>
    </#if>

These files (checked because of a Google suggestion, not because we know what we're doing) also appear to be normal
productDetail.bsh and categoryDetail.bsh
product.bsh and category.bsh

G.Venkata Phanindra wrote

On 10/13/06, xenos <collin.kemble@marketnet.com> wrote:

> I'm a new user and would like to know how to enter meta data (keywords,
> descriptions, etc.) for specific categories and products. I looked at
> header.ftl but this applies to all pages.
>
> Thanks for the help.

G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989