Multibple services Transaction

PRONZATO Cedric RD-BIZZ-GRE
Hi OFBiz community,

I am reading OFBiz code to look what is going on inside and I am currently looking the Transaction handling. I read somewhere that there Transaction may run throw multiple services, I guess it is the aim of groups*.xml but I didn't found where it is in the code.
The ServiceDispatcher class seems to bu used to invoke a service and I don't see anything in GroupModel class about Transactions. The GroupModel class runs services one after one without "additional logic".
Could you tell me which class is handling multiple services Transaction? (I guess it exists, I don't think I dreamed about it)

Cédric

PS: I am also new =)

RE: Multibple services Transaction

PRONZATO Cedric RD-BIZZ-GRE
Hi,

I overcome to this question. Can anyone tell me where I have to look to?

Cédric

Re: Multibple services Transaction

David E Jones-2

If you're new to OFBiz I highly recommend reviewing the Framework
Introduction material here:

http://incubator.apache.org/ofbiz/VideosFrameworkIntro.html

In general there are various attributes on a service definition for
controlling a transaction. By default if any service or other code is
called synchronously it will be part of the same transaction. This is
natural because of the way JTA works (reviewing JTA may be helpful,
there is some general JTA and other J2EE stuff along with complete
coverage of transaction handling in the Advanced Framework materials
from Undersun).

-David

On Dec 26, 2006, at 11:26 AM, PRONZATO Cedric RD-BIZZ-GRE wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I overcome to this question. Can anyone tell me where I have to
> look to?
>
> Thanks,
> Regards,
> Cédric

Hi David,

I was looking for the code section doing multiple services transaction. I found and understood quite well the "one" service transactions.

Cédric