New Advanced Framework Training Package

David E Jones-2

Many of you have already seen the Framework Introduction videos
produced by Undersun and that are free to download from the OFBiz web
site. If you haven't already checked them out, here is the link to
the overview page for them:

http://incubator.apache.org/ofbiz/VideosFrameworkIntro.html

Last week I finished up the continuation of these videos which is the
Advanced Framework Training Package from Undersun Consulting which
covers the Apache OFBiz Framework in detail. It shows you what
everything means and does along with numerous examples of how to
achieve specific results. Here is a PDF of the insert that comes with
the package that details what is contained in it:

http://www.undersunconsulting.com/static/AdvFrmwkInsert.pdf

This package includes nearly 24 hours of videos recorded in the same
way as the Framework Introduction videos with high quality video and
sound so you can easily read everything on the screen and follow
along. It also includes a transcription of both the Framework
Introduction videos, and the Advanced Framework Videos. As with
previous packages it includes the Framework Quick Reference Book,
which has been completely updated to include everything now in the
Apache OFBiz Framework.

This Advanced Framework Training Package is now available on the
Undersun Store here:

http://www.undersunconsulting.com/ecommerce/control/product/
~category_id=USC_PROMO/~product_id=OFBADVFWKPKG

There is also a Complete Remote Training Package that includes the
Advanced Framework Training Package plus 4 hours of remote training
time to help answer questions that come during your review of the
materials (via email, phone call, skype call, etc; VNC screen sharing
also available). You can see details for this product here:

http://www.undersunconsulting.com/ecommerce/control/product/
~category_id=USC_PROMO/~product_id=OFBRTNGPKG

If you have purchased the old live training recordings (in the
Materials Pack, or as part of the old Complete Remote Training
Package) and want to upgrade I'll be crediting the current price of
those ($199.95) against the new order. There is a promotion code
setup for this and I'll be emailing that to those who have opted in
to such things. If you don't hear from me or don't want to wait for
me to get your email out, please send me an email and I'll send you
the promo code.

NOTE: this is something that we are doing at Undersun to help people
get going with OFBiz. These initial sales will help fund this effort.
Eventually we plan to open up these videos and their transcriptions
for more freely available use.

Thanks, and enjoy!

-David

P.S. I am still on the road for the OSCON show (here in Portland, OR)
but I did bring a number of these along to ship right away now that
the show is over.

OFBIZ-95

Ashish Hareet
Can somebody validate my proposed fix for shipping/taxes bug in anonymous checkout here

Ashish Hareet

Re: New Advanced Framework Training Package

I just download the mov files:
then I had to install quicktime.
I am not sure if what i see is what you expected.
I see the same pdf file in 3 or four of them.
I hear no sound.

David E Jones sent the following on 7/28/2006 1:23 PM:

> Many of you have already seen the Framework Introduction videos produced
> by Undersun and that are free to download from the OFBiz web site. If
> you haven't already checked them out, here is the link to the overview
> page for them:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/ofbiz/VideosFrameworkIntro.html
>
> Last week I finished up the continuation of these videos which is the
> Advanced Framework Training Package from Undersun Consulting which
> covers the Apache OFBiz Framework in detail. It shows you what
> everything means and does along with numerous examples of how to achieve
> specific results. Here is a PDF of the insert that comes with the
> package that details what is contained in it:
>
> http://www.undersunconsulting.com/static/AdvFrmwkInsert.pdf
>
> This package includes nearly 24 hours of videos recorded in the same way
> as the Framework Introduction videos with high quality video and sound
> so you can easily read everything on the screen and follow along. It
> also includes a transcription of both the Framework Introduction videos,
> and the Advanced Framework Videos. As with previous packages it includes
> the Framework Quick Reference Book, which has been completely updated to
> include everything now in the Apache OFBiz Framework.
>
> This Advanced Framework Training Package is now available on the
> Undersun Store here:
>
> http://www.undersunconsulting.com/ecommerce/control/product/~category_id=USC_PROMO/~product_id=OFBADVFWKPKG
>

> There is also a Complete Remote Training Package that includes the
> Advanced Framework Training Package plus 4 hours of remote training time
> to help answer questions that come during your review of the materials
> (via email, phone call, skype call, etc; VNC screen sharing also
> available). You can see details for this product here:
>
> http://www.undersunconsulting.com/ecommerce/control/product/~category_id=USC_PROMO/~product_id=OFBRTNGPKG
>

> If you have purchased the old live training recordings (in the Materials
> Pack, or as part of the old Complete Remote Training Package) and want
> to upgrade I'll be crediting the current price of those ($199.95)
> against the new order. There is a promotion code setup for this and I'll
> be emailing that to those who have opted in to such things. If you don't
> hear from me or don't want to wait for me to get your email out, please
> send me an email and I'll send you the promo code.
>
> NOTE: this is something that we are doing at Undersun to help people get
> going with OFBiz. These initial sales will help fund this effort.
> Eventually we plan to open up these videos and their transcriptions for
> more freely available use.
>
> Thanks, and enjoy!
>
> -David
>
> P.S. I am still on the road for the OSCON show (here in Portland, OR)
> but I did bring a number of these along to ship right away now that the
> show is over.

Re: New Advanced Framework Training Package

It worked for me without trouble as far as I can recall (on Windows). It's very interesting.

Jacques

> [...]
> > against the new order. There is a promotion code setup for this and I'll
> > be emailing that to those who have opted in to such things. If you don't
> > hear from me or don't want to wait for me to get your email out, please
> > send me an email and I'll send you the promo code.
> >
> > NOTE: this is something that we are doing at Undersun to help people get
> > going with OFBiz. These initial sales will help fund this effort.
> > Eventually we plan to open up these videos and their transcriptions for
> > more freely available use.
> >
> > Thanks, and enjoy!
> >
> > -David
> >
> > P.S. I am still on the road for the OSCON show (here in Portland, OR)
> > but I did bring a number of these along to ship right away now that the
> > show is over.

Re: New Advanced Framework Training Package

BJ Freeman
Thanks. At least I know it is my problem, now.
wish I had time to debug it. Guess I will wait till winter, when I
expect some free time.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 7/30/2006 12:38 AM:

> It worked for me without trouble as far as I can recall (on Windows). It's very interesting.
>
> Jacques

Ok Now that I have said that, I tried one more time, and now works.
Don't know what was keeping it from running all of yesterday.
I put in under the heading of if I lost something, all I have to do is
buy another one and it shows up.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 7/30/2006 5:59 AM:

> Thanks. At least I know it is my problem, now.
> wish I had time to debug it. Guess I will wait till winter, when I
> expect some free time.
>
> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 7/30/2006 12:38 AM:
>> It worked for me without trouble as far as I can recall (on Windows).
>> It's very interesting.
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>

First thanks for providing these.
on my 1024/768 screen, to fit this in, the text is unreadable.
if I expand it to full screen, I can not see all the text, though the
part I do see is readable.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 7/30/2006 6:14 AM: