New Features Roadmap - Draft

mrisaliti@libero.it
Hi to all,

I would like to change the document of New Features Roadmap - Draft but I don't know I'm not able to do it with my profile.

Is it possible to put a link into those steps :

Enhance the integration with Google Product

Enhance the integration with eBay

I have recently update with patches those two issues and I would like to know some feedbacks if the patches are good to commit or not.

I have seen that most of you are busy in implementing the new enhanced of accounting module and I don't want to stress you.

When those steps are completed I would like also to discuss about the "Complete the support for VAT (Value-Added-Tax)" because this is a big issue in OFBiz.

Thanks
Marco Risaliti

Re: New Features Roadmap - Draft

Jacopo Cappellato
Marco,

I've added the two links to the ROADMAP page.

Thank you,

Jacopo

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> I would like to change the document of New Features Roadmap - Draft but I don't know I'm not able to do it with my profile.
>
> Is it possible to put a link into those steps :
>
> Enhance the integration with Google Product
>
> Enhance the integration with eBay
>
> I have recently update with patches those two issues and I would like to know some feedbacks if the patches are good to commit or not.
>
> I have seen that most of you are busy in implementing the new enhanced of accounting module and I don't want to stress you.
>
> When those steps are completed I would like also to discuss about the "Complete the support for VAT (Value-Added-Tax)" because this is a big issue in OFBiz.
>
> Thanks
> Marco Risaliti

Re: New Features Roadmap - Draft

Hi Marco,

In such cases you may also put a comment at the bottom of the page.

I agree about VAT and fortunately it seems that I will have some time till Christmas and I have some ideas (pragmatic ones)

Jacques

De : <[hidden email]>

> Hi to all,
>
> I would like to change the document of New Features Roadmap - Draft but I don't know I'm not able to do it with my profile.
>
> Is it possible to put a link into those steps :
>
> Enhance the integration with Google Product
>
> Enhance the integration with eBay
>
> I have recently update with patches those two issues and I would like to know some feedbacks if the patches are good to commit or
not.

> I have seen that most of you are busy in implementing the new enhanced of accounting module and I don't want to stress you.
>
> When those steps are completed I would like also to discuss about the "Complete the support for VAT (Value-Added-Tax)" because
this is a big issue in OFBiz.

> Thanks
> Marco Risaliti

Re: New Features Roadmap - Draft

mrisaliti@libero.it
Hi Jacques,

I cannot put a comment into the document New Features Roadmap - Draft but the enhanced for "Complete the support for VAT (Value-Added-Tax)" can be linked to the issue OFBIZ-1262 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1262) that I have renamed according to the title.

What I tried to do in this patch is to separate the actual sales tax calculation (USA) from our VAT tax calculation (Europe) and so I have used the flag calculateVatTax in the ProductStore.
So if this flag is set to "N" then sales tax are calculated at total order price level according to the shipment address selected (USA).
Instead if the flag is set "Y" then sales tax are calculated at order item level and an order adjustment will be created.
Then I have also used the flag showPricesWithVatTax to show at UI level if the price has to be shown with tax included or excluded.

This was my initial idea to implement VAT in Europe.
Did you have different idea or suggestion to implement it ?

Thanks
Marco

De : <[hidden email]>
> Hi Jacques,
>
> I cannot put a comment into the document New Features Roadmap - Draft but the enhanced for "Complete the support for VAT
(Value-Added-Tax)" can be linked to the issue OFBIZ-1262 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1262) that I have renamed
according to the title.

Sorry I did not find the time yet to seriously review your patch. Before tacking this work I want to finish some OFBiz minors tasks
I planned from some time now (in POS for instance). I will soon create a page like for implementations of the ProjectMgr component
and  Accounting component (GL).

> What I tried to do in this patch is to separate the actual sales tax calculation (USA) from our VAT tax calculation (Europe) and
so I have used the flag calculateVatTax in the ProductStore.
> So if this flag is set to "N" then sales tax are calculated at total order price level according to the shipment address selected
(USA).
> Instead if the flag is set "Y" then sales tax are calculated at order item level and an order adjustment will be created.
> Then I have also used the flag showPricesWithVatTax to show at UI level if the price has to be shown with tax included or
excluded.

I completly agree with the way you have implemented it. I recently worked on a such VAT implementation for an UK site which uses
Neogia and it's how it's done in Neogia too (at the order item level).

> This was my initial idea to implement VAT in Europe.
> Did you have different idea or suggestion to implement it ?

I finally had a quick glance at work and it seems that you did not work in order manager. I did number of specific changes around
all that in Neogia (Shipping & Handing, Promotions with update in order view, etc.). I have some ideas from my recent experience. I
will review your work soon, hope we will find a common ground ;o)

> Marco
>

> > Hi Marco,
> >
> > In such cases you may also put a comment at the bottom of the page.
> >
> > I agree about VAT and fortunately it seems that I will have some time till Christmas and I have some ideas (pragmatic ones)
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> > De : <[hidden email]>
> > > Hi to all,
> > >
> > > I would like to change the document of New Features Roadmap - Draft but I don't know I'm not able to do it with my profile.
> > >
> > > Is it possible to put a link into those steps :
> > >
> > > Enhance the integration with Google Product
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1372
> > >
> > > Enhance the integration with eBay
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1441
> > >
> > > I have recently update with patches those two issues and I would like to know some feedbacks if the patches are good to commit
or

> > not.
> > >
> > > I have seen that most of you are busy in implementing the new enhanced of accounting module and I don't want to stress you.
> > >
> > > When those steps are completed I would like also to discuss about the "Complete the support for VAT (Value-Added-Tax)" because
> > this is a big issue in OFBiz.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Marco Risaliti

Re: New Features Roadmap - Draft

mrisaliti@libero.it
Hi Jacques,

your suggestions and reviews are welcomed and for the moment seems that no-one except you and Jacopo (European people) is interested on it.
But I think that we have to share this big changes into OFBiz, to support VAT tax, with the community.
For the order application seems that when you have order items with order adjustment calculated (VAT tax) they are shown without problems, but in any case we will see.

Thanks
Marco