OFBIZ-3972

At OFBIZ-3972 Deepak suggested

<<I think we need to update fieldtypemysql.xml to honor Milliseconds.
As we have only DATETIME set as sql type and this does not support Milliseconds, we need to use DATETIME(3) or DATETIME(6).>>

I suggested

<<Why not TIMESTAMP? https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/datetime.html>>

Deepak rightly mentioned that in both cases we need to create an entry in "data migration" wiki page

<< we need to run alter query manually (if someone want to upgrade custom solution to latest)>>

Please let know your thoughts and suggestions if any

Re: OFBIZ-3972

taher
I think I would prefer DATETIME. Some reasons are found here ->
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/409286/should-i-use-field-datetime-or-timestamp.
Given that OFBiz takes care of conversions, DATETIME seems like a more
appropriate choice

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At OFBIZ-3972 Deepak suggested
>
> <<I think we need to update fieldtypemysql.xml to honor Milliseconds.
> As we have only DATETIME set as sql type and this does not support
> Milliseconds, we need to use DATETIME(3) or DATETIME(6).>>
>
> I suggested
>
> <<Why not TIMESTAMP? https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/datetime.html
> >>

> Deepak rightly mentioned that in both cases we need to create an entry in
> "data migration" wiki page
>
> << we need to run alter query manually (if someone want to upgrade custom
> solution to latest)>>
>
> Please let know your thoughts and suggestions if any

Re: OFBIZ-3972

Rishi Solanki
Interesting related blog - LINK
<https://blog.sqlauthority.com/2014/02/14/mysql-when-to-use-timestamp-or-datetime-difference-between-timestamp-or-datetime/>
One more conversation -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5989539/when-to-use-datetime-or-timestamp

It says it depends on the context of the field for which it is used.
DATETIME seems to be good choice as we will be updating field type, and it
may applicable to many places.

Thanks!

Rishi Solanki
Sr. Manager, Enterprise Software Development
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Taher Alkhateeb <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> I think I would prefer DATETIME. Some reasons are found here ->
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/409286/should-i-use-
> field-datetime-or-timestamp.
> Given that OFBiz takes care of conversions, DATETIME seems like a more
> appropriate choice
>
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > At OFBIZ-3972 Deepak suggested
> >
> > <<I think we need to update fieldtypemysql.xml to honor Milliseconds.
> > As we have only DATETIME set as sql type and this does not support
> > Milliseconds, we need to use DATETIME(3) or DATETIME(6).>>
> >
> > I suggested
> >
> > <<Why not TIMESTAMP? https://dev.mysql.com/doc/
> refman/5.6/en/datetime.html
> > >>

> > Deepak rightly mentioned that in both cases we need to create an entry in
> > "data migration" wiki page
> >
> > << we need to run alter query manually (if someone want to upgrade custom
> > solution to latest)>>
> >
> > Please let know your thoughts and suggestions if any
> >
> > Jacques

Re: OFBIZ-3972

Deepak Dixit-3
Can we conclude this?

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 2:27 PM, Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Interesting related blog - LINK
> <https://blog.sqlauthority.com/2014/02/14/mysql-when-to-
> use-timestamp-or-datetime-difference-between-timestamp-or-datetime/>
> One more conversation -
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5989539/when-to-use-
> datetime-or-timestamp
>
> It says it depends on the context of the field for which it is used.
> DATETIME seems to be good choice as we will be updating field type, and it
> may applicable to many places.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Rishi Solanki
> Sr. Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
> Direct: +91-9893287847
> http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
>
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Taher Alkhateeb <
> [hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
> > I think I would prefer DATETIME. Some reasons are found here ->
> > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/409286/should-i-use-
> > field-datetime-or-timestamp.
> > Given that OFBiz takes care of conversions, DATETIME seems like a more
> > appropriate choice
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > At OFBIZ-3972 Deepak suggested
> > >
> > > <<I think we need to update fieldtypemysql.xml to honor Milliseconds.
> > > As we have only DATETIME set as sql type and this does not support
> > > Milliseconds, we need to use DATETIME(3) or DATETIME(6).>>
> > >
> > > I suggested
> > >
> > > <<Why not TIMESTAMP? https://dev.mysql.com/doc/
> > refman/5.6/en/datetime.html
> > > >>

> > > Deepak rightly mentioned that in both cases we need to create an entry
> in
> > > "data migration" wiki page
> > >
> > > << we need to run alter query manually (if someone want to upgrade
> custom
> > > solution to latest)>>
> > >
> > > Please let know your thoughts and suggestions if any
> > >
> > > Jacques

Re: OFBIZ-3972

It's OK with me, I was just asking a question and it seems it has been answered

Jacques

Re: OFBIZ-3972

Deepak Dixit-3
Here is the ticket for this discussion

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's OK with me, I was just asking a question and it seems it has been
> answered
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 15/03/2017 à 05:10, Deepak Dixit a écrit :
>
>> Can we conclude this?
>>
>> Thanks & Regards
>> --
>> Deepak Dixit
>> www.hotwaxsystems.com
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 2:27 PM, Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting related blog - LINK
>>> <https://blog.sqlauthority.com/2014/02/14/mysql-when-to-
>>> use-timestamp-or-datetime-difference-between-timestamp-or-datetime/>
>>> One more conversation -
>>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5989539/when-to-use-
>>> datetime-or-timestamp
>>>
>>> It says it depends on the context of the field for which it is used.
>>> DATETIME seems to be good choice as we will be updating field type, and
>>> it
>>> may applicable to many places.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>>> Rishi Solanki
>>> Sr. Manager, Enterprise Software Development
>>> HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
>>> Direct: +91-9893287847
>>> http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
>>>
>>> On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Taher Alkhateeb <
>>> [hidden email]

Re: OFBIZ-3972

Deepak Dixit-3
This has been done at r#1793300

Added generateMySqlFileWithAlterTableForTimestamps service to generate sql
alter statement for date-time and time filed.

Also update Data Migration <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/LoBr> wiki
page with revision and migration service detail.

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
www.hotwaxsystems.com