OFBIZ-9833 and the JWT secret storage

In OFBIZ-9833 we suggested several  ways on how to store the JWT secret.

I think that rather to force one of the suggestions OOTB we should rather propose them as a comment (or a link to a dedicated text file if too long)
with the login.secret_key_string in the security.properties file.

Then users can pick the one they prefer or follow external links provided to pick one.

If nobody disagree I'll do that soon (say in less than a week)

Re: OFBIZ-9833 and the JWT secret storage

Jacopo Cappellato-5
My understanding is that we have one one method already implemented (i.e.
password stored in security.properties) and the other methods proposed will
need some sort of coding; if this is the case then I would not mention them
in the comments because it could be confusing: instead we should highlight
in our docs the files that needs to be protected (e.g. security.properties
and Catalina's ofbiz-component.xml) because they contain secrets.

Jacopo

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 8:11 PM Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In OFBIZ-9833 we suggested several  ways on how to store the JWT secret.
>
> I think that rather to force one of the suggestions OOTB we should rather
> propose them as a comment (or a link to a dedicated text file if too long)
> with the login.secret_key_string in the security.properties file.
>
> Then users can pick the one they prefer or follow external links provided
> to pick one.
>
> If nobody disagree I'll do that soon (say in less than a week)

Re: OFBIZ-9833 and the JWT secret storage

Yes good idea, then a link to the location where things are explained would fit, right?

Jacques